Retirement Extension/Non-Immigrant O Visa Multiple

Here is my story for those that are interested:

For the past 12 months I was in the possession of a retirement extension (with re-entry permit which I never used), having to report by mail to initially Bangkok and finally to Sam Khok (I now reside in Pathumthani).

My wife is always saying to me, why don't we travel outside Thailand more, you are always at your computer and never go anywhere.

A few days before my retirement extenson expired, I travelled to the Royal Thai Embassy, Jalan Ampang, KL to apply for a non immigrant o visa mulitple which I obtained at 1430 hrs the following day.

COPIES of documents I submitted were:

1. Marriage certificate in Thai language together with English translation (both of us signed)

2. Blue book (signed by my wife)

3 ID card (signed by my wife)

4. UK passport (signed by me)

5, Letter from my wife to embassy requesting approval of visa (in both Thai language and English translation)

6. Bank passbook showing balance over B800,000 (only B100,00 is required for this visa)

Now I hold a non immigrant o visa, it is a case of I MUST leave the country every 3 months.

Furthermore, as we all know, this type of visa can be extended for 15 months.

Now what country are we travelling to in June? I know something, it wont be a 1 day visa run. The wife is happy now.

As this was my first trip to KL, any help I can provide on this type of visa, or where to stay or whatever, plse reply.

As said above it seems the only reason for this is extra motivation for travel - now you must. Most people of retirement age would side for security and freedom to choose travel times. If retirement conditions change it is unlikely you will be allowed to return at the previous requirement.