Disneyland Park Construction Plot Proposed In Thailand To Draw Tourists

webfact

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We love Disneyland and weve gone to all parks. If anyone here really thinks Thailand could come anywhere near the standard needed or get anyone from Disney to take any such suggestion seriously they must be mad. Thailand and worse this government do a disneypark. It must be April 1st cheesy.gif

We love Disneyland and weve gone to all parks. If anyone here really thinks Thailand could come anywhere near the standard needed or get anyone from Disney to take any such suggestion seriously they must be mad. Thailand and worse this government do a disneypark. It must be April 1st cheesy.gif

It'd be a good idea. They probably mean Disney style theme park though rather than an actual Disney park. Disney already has one in HK to capture the Chinese market, not sure they need another in Thailand

Currently Cartoon Network is building a theme park in Pattaya

http://www.nationmul...n-30176855.html

the HK disneypark is not worth visiting its a joke compared with other parks and weve been to them all several times. Best IMO is Tokyo then Florida then California then Paris and HK comes long long way behind any of them. HK does not have most of decent attractions in other parks and TOkyo has disney sea. Thailand doing anything near as good as rest is simply impossible and a joke

Oh that's a good Idea- The Thai Mafia will get involved and force the use of unsafe materials so the rides will most likely injure people (but as long as it is not the Thai's that are injured or killed- it's ok). If they can not build swimming pools that won't kill tourist I am sure not going to trust my life any thing complicated like a ride. I do business on a high level in Thailand and it is riddled with Low and high end corruption- so this will end up putting Baht in the politicians pocket and not help the economy- (Lot's of Tea money). It's funny how the Thai Government says they're cleaning up the corruption, but high rise buildings are being built illegally - It took me only a few weeks to know who the politicians that are corrupt or worse in with the Thai Mafia- Why can they not find out themselves? Hmm maybe a warehouse official with a 5million USD hiuse in Phukett may be a clue.

Just a thought,

What a sad move by the tourism organizations.

Why make Thailand like every other tourist trap? A Disneyland theme park is simply an import of American culture. It will only appeal to Thais and close-by surrounding countries. Maybe it will only help keep Thai travelers at home (strategy: fight fire with fire).

Furthermore, when the real Disney makes landfall, there's going to be H_LL to pay by all the rip-offs/knock-offs of Disney's images and characters throughout the Kingdom. I live 5 minutes from a hugs swimming pool surrounded by Disney characters to attract the kiddies. In the middle of Isaan, I suspect the rights to use Disney's images have not been sought out.

Isn't the Thai food, beaches, culture, enough to draw a significant crowd interested in a country for it's own unique characteristics?

I view this as an unneeded further Westernization of Thailand only to satisfy the tourist industry's greed for the whole tourist pie in SE Asia.

[edited to remove TAT references]

Wth the mainstream tourist drawn in here nowadays I(unfortunately) think this will be an god idea.Having observed the change in tourism here for nearly 20years ,mainstream crap like this and shopping centers seems to be the main thing nowadays.

Thai food and culture most tourists dont give the ratz a.. about anyway IMO

Who needs Disneyland when you've got Pattaya?

My boys are too young for me to explain the "theme" rides there though and they don't yet quite meet the minimum height requirements either.. smile.png Close though...Too close I'm afraid sad.png ...

Perhaps they should try visiting the rest rooms of the beach side shopping malls.....No minimum age or height requirments by the elderly gentlemen who would like to take care of them there.....

I disagree... I have kids and would definitely take the kids if there was a Disney theme park in Thailand

I'm totally there with you !

I took my older kids in Cali.

They loved it.

I would definitely take the younger two right away !

Don't get me wrong.

I am not for corperatization or whatever.

But let's not take ALL the fun out of life for these youngsters.

I mean get real.

They are already hip to Mickey and the gang.

Remember, they all have computers and smart phones after all.......

Disneyland Thailand = GREAT IDEA clap2.gif

Who needs Disneyland when you've got Pattaya?

My boys are too young for me to explain the "theme" rides there though and they don't yet quite meet the minimum height requirements either.. smile.png Close though...Too close I'm afraid sad.png ...

Perhaps they should try visiting the rest rooms of the beach side shopping malls.....No minimum age or height requirments by the elderly gentlemen who would like to take care of them there.....

Are you being rude/humorous ?

Not a good job of either ! angry.png

The Disneyland here wouldn't pass the safety standards since it is hard to train the locals on safety issues.

Ridiculous, bordering on racist.

True, but what is ridiculous and bordering on racist is that they will charge everyone else who isn't Thai more! Like Waterworld, etc...

Bangkok already has Dream World, Siam Park and Safari World yet they do not, from what I have seen, attract foreign tourists, it is mainly locals. Would a genuine Disney park attract the foreign family holidaymaker to Bangkok? May be better in the vicinity of Phuket/Phang Nga/Krabi.

But, as many have said already, surely Disney Corp make the first move?

And for those already complaining about dual pricing when the idea has just been mooted, I believe that Florida residents get special deals at the Disney parks in Orlando.

I'll bet its not only 10percent of the price though, and have you seen the prices at siam park 120 quid for 2 adults and a child, for what!!!!!

I think that's the price of the annual pass! Daily rates are nothing like that.

It'd be a good idea. They probably mean Disney style theme park though rather than an actual Disney park. Disney already has one in HK to capture the Chinese market, not sure they need another in Thailand

Currently Cartoon Network is building a theme park in Pattaya

http://www.nationmul...n-30176855.html

the HK disneypark is not worth visiting its a joke compared with other parks and weve been to them all several times. Best IMO is Tokyo then Florida then California then Paris and HK comes long long way behind any of them. HK does not have most of decent attractions in other parks and TOkyo has disney sea. Thailand doing anything near as good as rest is simply impossible and a joke

My family enjoyed the HK Disneyland more than Tokyo although I agree the one in Tokyo is better but it was so crowded and long queues you just couldn't do it all.

HK though was smaller and less people and you could do every ride 3 or 4 times in the day so a better overall experience.