Main Airport Runway To Be Shut Down

sriracha john

Runway repairs to worsen congestion

16 Dec 2005

The main runway at Don Muang International Airport will undergo major repairs next month, which will worsen airport congestion which is already at a critical stage. The repair involves resurfacing the 1,400-metre stretch of the 3,700-metre western runway, code named 21R-03L, which heavy use has made uneven.

"Do these people ever plan anything more than 10 minutes in advance?!"

(There, I said it. :o Now add 2 pages of same. :D

(Next news clip will be about accidentally leaving the heaviest road contruction vehicle in the middle of the wrong runway. Construction worker fled the scene. :D

(There, I said it. :o  Now add 2 pages of same. :D

(Next news clip will be about accidentally leaving the heaviest road contruction vehicle in the middle of the wrong runway.  Construction worker fled the scene. :D

Have they finished that debacle on the superhighway and Chotana Rd in CM yet?

cv

Clearly it's the time-of-year to prepare it, with deliberate drainage-cracks, for the ice-and-snow season.  :o

Otherwise how would Santa be able to touch-down ?  :D

Bangkok Herald-Examiner:

Reports surfaced today that the new Bangkok airport faces yet another purchasing scandal as it was discovered that 27 very expensive de-icing machines have been ordered to keep airplanes up and running during the Winter months in Thailand.

Somchai Bustascandal, opposition MP from Buriramaburi, stated that in light of all the previous airport scandals, he had undertaken a routine inspection of all new purchase orders and found the highly suspect item on order from the newly formed Shin De-Icers Co, Ltd.

Bangkok Herald-Examiner:

from the newly formed Shin De-Icers Co, Ltd.

thaiairportinsider.com has also reported that there is an ongoing investigation into a transfer of the shares of the aforementioned company between the family dog and the garden gnome. Speculation is rife as to whether this transfer is a pre-emtive settlement concerning a previous sexual liason..... :o

(There, I said it. :D  Now add 2 pages of same. :D

(Next news clip will be about accidentally leaving the heaviest road contruction vehicle in the middle of the wrong runway.  Construction worker fled the scene. :D

Have they finished that debacle on the superhighway and Chotana Rd in CM yet?

cv

Nope - I was still clocking up the km's going round it this week.......... :o

Surely you don't expect them to do that job in the rainy season ?

Most charters for high season tourist traffic land in Phyket anyway so I see very little fluctuation in the scheduled flight traffic at Don Muang but I may be wrong

At least Don Muang has 2 full length runways not like Narita which only has one and since last year a second shorter one

Planning. Is there a Thai word for that? It struck as odd construction work on the airport would happen dead in the middle of high season. I guess it's vital work. They are also saying that nearby highway and street traffic will also be impacted, meaning congestion, due to the construction.

Otherwise how would Santa be able to touch-down ?   :D

Most of the children here are Buddist, so Santa does not need to land!

Ho Ho Ho........

He just overflies.

There is usually a report from Air Traffic Control to that effect.

See Bangkok Post for details. :D

Wonder what he gets charged for overflying Thailand ? :D

My old airline, admittedly some 15 years ago, was still waiting to receive the bill from the Italian air-traffic-controllers, for the previous several years' flights :D

Oh-my-God I just realised - our house here has been built without a chimney, to climb down ! :o

Otherwise how would Santa be able to touch-down ?   :D

Most of the children here are Buddist, so Santa does not need to land!

Ho Ho Ho........

He just overflies.

There is usually a report from Air Traffic Control to that effect.

See Bangkok Post for details. :D

Wonder what he gets charged for overflying Thailand ? :D

My old airline, admittedly some 15 years ago, was still waiting to receive the bill from the Italian air-traffic-controllers, for the previous several years' flights :D

Oh-my-God I just realised - our house here has been built without a chimney, to climb down ! :o

Not to worry. No need for a chimney in Thailand. Santa now has automati gift drops since he doesn't land in this country.

Barry

Have they started the runway resurfacing yet? 15 minutes extra time in a holding pattern AND 15 minutes on the ground TWICE this week now. I'm sorry but the in-flight entertainment system can only keep me entertained for so long.

:o

I hope Santa has a work permit and the correct visa  :o

Sad to say.... it appears too late... :D

SantaatIDC.jpg

Santa Claus Caught Trying To Escape Immigration Detention Center

Bangkok Herald-Examiner:

Santa Claus was apprehended 2 days ago while trying to conduct "work", as defined by the Labor Ministry, without a work permit.

While being held at the Immigration Detention Center prior to deportation to the North Pole, he attempted to escape at 1:00am this morning, but his chubby frame and bulky attire became entangled in the IDC's barbed wire fencing. Further charges are being considered against this persona non-grata with a possible transfer to Bang Khwang Prison.