True Vehicle Milage

wana

if you see a bike thats got suspiciously low km on the clock ,like say 700km after a year or 2200km after 2 years

is there anyway to check the clocks havent been disabled and then later reconnected etc ?

i mean digital and older analogue clocks ,can modern digital clocks be re-set to zero by untrustworthy garages etc ?

i been in a shop and have noticed a few vehicles that milage looks very low (too low ) for the condition of the vehicle

(i know you can look at the grips ,tyres, paint ,work ,levers etc but some things are easily and cheaply replaced )

if you see a bike thats got suspiciously low km on the clock ,like say 700km after a year or 2200km after 2 years

is there anyway to check the clocks havent been disabled and then later reconnected etc ?

i mean digital and older analogue clocks ,can modern digital clocks be re-set to zero by untrustworthy garages etc ?

i been in a shop and have noticed a few vehicles that milage looks very low (too low ) for the condition of the vehicle

(i know you can look at the grips ,tyres, paint ,work ,levers etc but some things are easily and cheaply replaced )

If it's a mechanical speedo drive check the lock nut for scratches that may indicate it's been disconnected. Digital milometers are easy to reprogramme and virtually undectectable. Also check the service book to see if it tallies with the displayed mileage. If no book, be suspicious. If the general wear and tear indicates a higher mileage than shown there are plenty of good bikes elsewhere so I'd be tempted to go some place else.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Edited by edwinchester

I just judge the condition and then decide if you want it. High mileage bikes can be great and low mileage bikes can be poorly maintained.

As for the mileage, its not unusual. My KSR has only done 6500 Kms since I bought it new in 2007. My gsxr had 9000 on the clock when I bought it and it was 5 years old. It happens, not everyone can ride all the time, people have multiple bikes etc.