Cm Ram Hospital: Access To Wi-Fi Not Permitted To Opd

lebeau69

CM RAM hospital:

Impressive Webpage indeed

Impressive mission and goals...

Chiangmai Ram Hospital will maintain a unified effort in providing high quality, patient focused services to our community.

I am impressed

but let's see the facts:

Twice emails sent to Dr. xxx were not forwarded to her

The third one was, but I have to write a not to request the message did not get lost as usual somewhere between Customer Service Department and Internal Medicine Desk

Today, I discovered patients do not have access to HOT SPOT CMR

"We do not have the password"

"You have to be in-patient"

So, if you are in ICU or Mortuary, you can enjoy HOT SPOT CMR

but if you are OPD, when you wait to see the doctor, to pay the bills, to get medicine at inflated prices,

you are not entitled to use HOT SPOT CMR

At Suan Dok Hospital, you have access to Wi-Fi (not perfect network, I have to say)

There is a Intranet network to allow the doctors to consult your medical file online

I was really impressed when at emergency room at Suan Dok Hospital, the doctor was able to compare my EKG

to another report done 3 years before.

No more comments

except that unfortunately, I have to go back to RAM and to waste more time without being able to consult Internet.

Just would like to add: usually, when I am customer with any business with Wi-Fi, I have access to it.

Not at RAM hospital

LOL WiFi at the hospital. Go for the treatment. Check your email at home.

What a rubbish reply. Maybe you are a dinosaur and never realised the usefulness of internet in our modern age.

When my son was born at Bumrungrad I really wanted to video skype my parents to show them their first grand child, unfortunately the hospital's wifi internet was too slow so it was just a frustrating ordeal for everyone.

Whatabout in an emergency? Having fast internet would make a huge different to be able to contact people from the hospital.

I, and many many others, would welcome fast internet in hospitals and all public places. Why would you not want it??

• Like 1

What a rubbish reply. Maybe you are a dinosaur and never realised the usefulness of internet in our modern age.

When my son was born at Bumrungrad I really wanted to video skype my parents to show them their first grand child, unfortunately the hospital's wifi internet was too slow so it was just a frustrating ordeal for everyone.

Whatabout in an emergency? Having fast internet would make a huge different to be able to contact people from the hospital.

I, and many many others, would welcome fast internet in hospitals and all public places. Why would you not want it??

Well to be honest I was probably on the Internet before you were. I was on it at UCLA long before most people knew what it was.wink.png But it was called ARPANET and we just called it "the network". Then there was Compuserve...

Having said that, I've never needed to use the Internet anywhere other than the office, home, or if I'm traveling, then the Internet Cafe. And if there was an emergency I would do what I've been doing for the last 40 odd years...walk to the nearest phone booth and make a phone call.

But I'm not knocking you and you are entitled to do what is best for you. Personally the Internet is the last thing I would be thinking about if I needed to go to the doctor for a blood test or a sore throat, or even a colonoscopy. But that's just me.

The video of the child birth sounds good. I wanted to video my child's birth but the Professor at CMU absolutely forbid cameras in the delivery room.sad.png

I'm not against it. It just sounded funny to me, that's all.

trolledsoftly.jpg

• Like 1

OP, I'm failing to see your point. Why do so many people assume that because their gadget can "see" an wifi AP, they're entitiled to use it. They can be public (open) or private (closed). You're no more entitled to use their wifi than you are entitled to enter someone's home because you can see the door. Some places have free wifi some don't. Welcome to the real world.

Too many complainers and whinners on TV. Society tody has become a "me first: society. Give me what I want or I'll complain or make negetive comments about the companies and people who don't give me what I want, and right NOW! A hundred million people that can't stay off their cell phones or internet for a few hours without going into withdrawal.

I believe there is a treatment center in California for people who can not function with out electronic devises. Some of them are so bad they have to have dial phones installed in their homes. I think the inability to go for a blood test in a hospital with out the internet would qualify some one for the treatment center.

• Like 2

What with the free parking, free aircon & comfy sofas, free drinking water etc, the main public area at RAM is already a hangout for itinerant nearly-skint falangs with too much time on their hands. Free WiFi would only add to the problem.

Edited by TheScribe

I agree that if one is going to pay premium prices one should receive premium benefits. I asked Ram how much it was for a common procedure and they would not give me even an estimated price, went elsewhere and after an exact quote and have use of internet while I heal in a much more hospitable atmosphere.

Too many complainers and whinners on TV. Society tody has become a "me first: society. Give me what I want or I'll complain or make negetive comments about the companies and people who don't give me what I want, and right NOW! A hundred million people that can't stay off their cell phones or internet for a few hours without going into withdrawal.

There are also people complaining about no free WiFi in restaurants. rolleyes.gif

I agree that if one is going to pay premium prices one should receive premium benefits. I asked Ram how much it was for a common procedure and they would not give me even an estimated price, went elsewhere and after an exact quote and have use of internet while I heal in a much more hospitable atmosphere.

I think the OP stated that inpatients have access, he was bemoaning lack of access in outpatients. Agree it would be annoying not to at least get an estimate though...

You are allowed to say where you received the exact quote and good quality care......it's useful for others to know.

Given the generally low communication skills of doctors in Thailand I would have thought an internet connection so more motivated patients can search for additional information on their condition and any treatments would be a good thing.

Assuming everyone just wants to use it to look at facebook is facetious.

Then again, that's probably a very good reason why doctors don't want you to be able to use it.

Doctor: You have a cold

Patient: Well I've just googled runny nose and it could be cerebrospinal fluid leaking out through my nose. I think you need to give me CAT scan and put me on prophylactic ciprofloxacin STAT!.

You are allowed to say where you received the exact quote and good quality care......it's useful for others to know.

Afterwards I'll post how it all went, accuracy of quote, service and most importantly how I perceived the quality of medical care. It's for the birth of my child so should not be too complicated, hopefully, but the health of my family is something I care very much about.

Afterwards I'll post how it all went, accuracy of quote, service and most importantly how I perceived the quality of medical care. It's for the birth of my child so should not be too complicated, hopefully, but the health of my family is something I care very much about.

Cheers - hope all goes well.smile.png

• Like 1