Bangkok Cops Arrested In Possession Of 300,000 Yaba Pills And 5 Kg Of 'ice'

webfact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A post has been removed due to possible violation of copyright and non compliance of fair use. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

OK.......the cynics need to decide where they stand on this one.

The bottom line is they have been caught, they have been fired.

That is a result that the cynics would not have expected.........my god, Thai police being punished for wrong doing? no way would be the normal cry............

So they have been caught, and they have been fired.

At this moment they haven't been charged, they haven't been convicted, so the death penalty talk is nonsense..........

So can we just celebrate this one little victory today huh? rolleyes.gif

Right on !

Well said !!

Ok one more story. LAPD was at one time probably the most corrupt department in the states. During the 1950's They got a new Chief named Parker. He did essentially exactly as you suggested. More older training officer's called it being Parekerized. It has had it's ups and downs since then. Don't know what it's like today but in my time frame I never saw any graft. Doesn't mean it didn't happen just means if it did I didn't know about it.

Why didn't they call it Parkerized?

Death penalty for these guys ? Police officers with a large amount of narcotics. They should be made an example of.

Have they passed the 'Death penalty for drug dealing' law yet ?

If so, so be it.

If not, then not......

But, I hope they do soon.

Of course they must be tried and found guilty first.

Have they been detained? Will they be transferred to an inactive post as punishment?

I think being fired and detained = inactive post no?

Are they actually sitting in a prison cell? Being fired from their job doesn't necessarily mean that they are completely out of the police force. Transferring to an inactive post seems to be the usual punishment for government employees who commit wrongdoings, particularly for politicians and those in senior positions. I hope one day they will at least be punished as ordinary citizens if they commit crimes.

I am quite confident that the Thai justice system will right this wrong! cheesy.gif

Police corruption

Various sources state that police are "corrupt" in Thailand (Thai News Service 28 Sept. 2009; Bangkok Post 15 Oct. 2009; HRW 14 Dec. 2009; US 25 Feb. 2009, Sec. 1d; Professor 11 Dec. 2009; Freedom House 2009). Research undertaken by the National Institute of Development Administration and supported by the Thailand's National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) reportedly found that police "abuse their power" by taking bribes from illegal businesses, violating police ethics, engaging in extrajudicial killings, torture and forced confessions as well as being involved in drug dealing and accepting goods and services in return for police services (Thai News Service 28 Sept. 2009). Similarly, the deputy Asia director at Human Rights Watch (HRW) states that the Thai police have "sweeping powers," use "violence and illegality to fight crimes" and have engaged in "horrendous misconduct" for which they have "rarely" been punished (HRW 14 Dec. 2009). Moreover, the Asian Legal Resource Centre (ALRC) describes the police force as the "top violator of human rights" in Thailand, saying police act with "impunity" (3 Sept. 2009).

Pretty much says it all.

" However, all of the accused officers have denied any wrongdoing, claiming that the seized drugs were not reported because they were in the middle of an anti-narcotics operation."

I am sure they are telling the true, the random pill they find in your pocket just out of the blue, must be coming from somewhere, and if they officially declare them as their possession, how can they say it belongs to you after?

Another 300.000 potentially busted farangs narcotic's operation gone in smoke ph34r.png

That sounds more like the wild west, here in the wild east they just want to make money with it.

Death penalty for these guys ? Police officers with a large amount of narcotics. They should be made an example of.

If so, so be it.

If not, then not......

When you walk back into Thailand after get the stamp at Mae Sai you see a big sign on your left hand that there is a death penalty for those who bring drugs back into Thailand. However they never check you.

There are really police fighting the corruption and clean up in BKK but it looks like climbing the Mounth Everest bare feet I'm sure speaking for whole Thailand.

Drug-crime busters accused of possessing drugs

SUPARAT IAMTAN,

PANYA PANPEUK

THE NATION

30178489-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Four drug-crime busters were arrested by fellow police after they allegedly made an arrest and seized drugs, but failed to report them to a supervisor, let the suspect go and kept the drugs, city police chief Pol Lt General Winai Thongsong said yesterday.

The suspects said they would testify only in court.

Metropolitan Police Region 3 policemen Pol Lieutenant Cherngchob Ratchakhom, 48, Pol Senior Sergeant-Major Somsak Thiprasameewong, 38, Pol Sergeant-Major Pattara Worachanan, 44, Pol Corporal Noppadol Pan-aree, 32, and civilian Chawalit Kamnerdkhonkaen, 38, were presented at yesterday's press conference along with 305,200 yaba tablets, five kilograms of crystal meth, three pickup trucks, and 10 cellphones.

The four police and their civilian accomplice face charges of having yaba and "ice" in their possession with intention to sell, Winai said.

/../

This news-post was posted after my comment.

Good to see that they did indeed post picture and names of these men too - and did not let them have a side-door to slip through.

Monty, I disagree, the U.K. was rife with this in the 1970's but definately not anymore. Obviously there will be bent cops everywhere in the world but not on this scale in the U.K.

Not getting back much to the UK, are we?

As this story unfolds, I feel certain it will come to light they planned on staging their own sting operation. These drugs were to be used to ferret out truly dirty cops. Just a big misunderstanding. These Cops working for the greater good.

I gotta bridge in Brooklyn for sale

Monty, I disagree, the U.K. was rife with this in the 1970's but definately not anymore. Obviously there will be bent cops everywhere in the world but not on this scale in the U.K.

Not at this scale? So there are not 3 bad cops in all of the UK?

Maybe our Scouse friend missed the headlines in the Liverpool Echo last August..... Former top Merseyside Police drug cop turned Chief of Cleveland police Sean Price arrested and suspended on corruption allegations

If so, so be it.

If not, then not......

They can just use the existing laws in the constitution that give the public prosecutors office the right to apply for the death penalty for drug trafficking and large dealers. I also believe the PM's office can invoke article 27 and have them executed without trial. But this is way over the top.

Considering that they are accused of intending to sell these drugs on and in this large quantity, they could well be in a spot of bother. One can only wonder how many times these individuals have done this in the passed ? Caught the first time they did something like this? I doubt it.

It also places Chalerm in a difficult situation when we take into account his recent comments on drug dealers and the use of the death penalty.

Thailand should be giving a mighty roar of approval and we foreigners should be right there yelling with them because corruption is Thailand's worst evil and this is at least one tiny step towards non acceptance.

Well done to the Police and now please follow it up and ensure there is full and proper evidence presented and a quick court procedure before the story dies.

Not at this scale? So there are not 3 bad cops in all of the UK?

Do you think that this is an isolated case in Thailand - more like 'a little fish in a big pool' situation!!!!angry.png.

If so, so be it.

If not, then not......

When you walk back into Thailand after get the stamp at Mae Sai you see a big sign on your left hand that there is a death penalty for those who bring drugs back into Thailand. However they never check you.

There are really police fighting the corruption and clean up in BKK but it looks like climbing the Mounth Everest bare feet I'm sure speaking for whole Thailand.

The sign is good news.

I remember about 20 yrs. ago when I last went to Kota Baru they had a scary sign like that.

Made me think twice.

It DOES makew\ a difference !

As for the comment regarding anti corruption/anti drug police.

I have something to add.

I have a very good friend who is one.

I can tell you, for sure, he is against, and actually despises the police here in Thailand that are corrupt and deal drugs.

He jails them weekly (though it doesn't make any headlines......)