Student Sentenced For Racial Abuse On Twitter

webfact

Student sentenced for racial abuse on Twitter

cryer01_616.jpg

Joshua Cryer, 21, a law student of Jesmond, Newcastle, has been given a two-year community order by the court in Newcastle, England. Joshua is sentenced for sending a series of racial abusive tweets to former footballer Stan Collymore.

Cryer admitted to the court that he had sent racist messages to the former Liverpool, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest star striker. He had previously denied sending messages [more...]

Full story: http://www.nettechbl...use-on-twitter/

-- nettechblog.com 2012-03-22

footer_n.gif

So much for freedom of speech....whether you like or agree with it or not.

Racially abusive messages are considered criminal offences now in the UK. You cannot say they should be allowed under freedom of speech.

The Special Relationship....UK and USA.

To celebrate the Queens Golden Jubilee..The USA will be printing a limited edition $100 Bill with our Queens head on it.

He Majesty has reciprocated favourably and decreed a small lifelike sticker of Barrack Obama comes with every Jar of Robertson's Jam and Marmalade.

• Like 2

To celebrate the Queens Golden Jubilee..The USA will be printing a limited edition $100 Bill with our Queens head on it.

He Majesty has reciprocated favourably and decreed a small lifelike sticker of Barrack Obama comes with every Jar of Robertson's Jam and Marmalade.

Tacky, low-brow and very, very simple attempt at humour.

What ? is this an attempt at humour ?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

What you rolling around the floor for ??

I have just seen them in Tesco's this morning ??

Racially abusive messages are considered criminal offences now in the UK. You cannot say they should be allowed under freedom of speech.

Yes, and its another politically correct law that shouldn't have even got on the statute books.

It IS a freedom of speech issue - Whatever happened to "I might not like what you are saying but I,ll fight to the death for the right for you to say it"?.

Once a Government starts to dictate what you can and cannot say it is the start of stepping down a very dark road.

Yes, and its another politically correct law that shouldn't have even got on the statute books.

It IS a freedom of speech issue - Whatever happened to "I might not like what you are saying but I,ll fight to the death for the right for you to say it"?.

Once a Government starts to dictate what you can and cannot say it is the start of stepping down a very dark road.

Voltaire died in 1778 and thankfully the world's come on leaps and bounds since then.

Basically all (left, right, political correct, muslims etc etc) in Austria and most probably in every country agree to "freedom of opinion(speech) for my opinion".

But for any other opinion they want cruel laws.

Freedom of speech is already history.

Basically all (left, right, political correct, muslims etc etc) in Austria and most probably in every country agree to "freedom of opinion(speech) for my opinion".

But for any other opinion they want cruel laws.

Freedom of speech is already history.

Freedom of speech does not mean I can shout bomb on a plane, shout fire in a cinema or throw insults on the basis of colour or nationality.

Why is that so hard to understand?

So in your worlds I should be legally free to defame and insult you anyway I want and hide behind freedom of speech?

Edited by bangkockney

Freedom of speech does not mean I can shout bomb on a plane, shout fire in a cinema or throw insults on the basis of colour or nationality.

Why is that so hard to understand?

So in your worlds I should be legally free to defame and insult you anyway I want and hide behind freedom of speech?

Shouting bomb on a plane or shout fire in a cinema is something complete different. It is allowed to speak about fires in cinemas, just not making the panic.

Yes it should be complete legal free to insult me about my nationality, skin color, size of nose, religion or whatever. I actually would fight for the right....

Always there will be people who abuse freedom of speech. We must live with that.

Can't discuss about the royal family

Can't discuss the holocaust

Not allowed to mention that some people have different skin color

Not allowed to mention that you don't like the ideas of some religions

Need to rename holidays and food because someone feel insulted

Not allowed to doubt the decisions of courts

Not allowed to glorify anything in Nazi Germany

Not allowed to glorify anything communist

(and the way is not far to laws that prohibit to criticize the government or undermine the ability to defense the country, we had that already)

Do you want to obey ALL these laws (not picking just a few of them). I prefer that I am not protected and can be called ugly skin longnose paedophil, but I am also allowed to speak whatever I want.