Posts Responses Disapear Whilst Writing

samuijimmy

This seems to be a problem since the new format.

While responding to a post (sometimes with a lot of detail,) the page seems to automatically "refresh" and everything written, just disappears .shock1.gifannoyed.gif

Extremely irritating to say the least! ...... Is there some glitch in the system causing this? (I am using Mac) I thought previously that perhaps I miss clicked my Magic mouse, but was not touching it when this happened this morning....

This has happened twice this morning whilst trying to give a response.... some days all ok... ??? Any ideas? Thx!

This has happened to me many times over the years and not just on this site. As you say very annoying.

Even worse, sometimes after finish writing and press the send button and then nothing.

These days if I have a response of more than a few lines I always write it in Notepad first, that way I can just copy and paste.

Remember to COPY and paste so you still have another chance if things go wrong.

Thanks for the responses.

I am using Firefox....with a number of "add ons" and have done for a number of years.... as I mentioned this seems to have become an issue since the new forum format... But I can sometimes go a week or so and have no problem... to go back to trying Safari or other browser would be hard to do ... habits can be hard to changewink.png Yesterday, when I posted this question, the problem had occurred twice within minutes, that's what triggered this question.

I do try to remember to "copy" the text occasionally as I am writing, but usually forget,ohmy.png when trying to get the "wording" and focus on what I am trying to saywink.png....

Another "complaint" is the pop up Emotions ... takes up too much "screen real estate", even on a large screen, plus that popup tends to hide its self behind the main text browser and as others have pointed out, the most commonly used emotions are not on the bottom of the page, so one has to open that Pop up.... crazy.gif ... surely that would be a relatively easy thing to rearrange?

Loading the responses is usually not an issue....

Thx!

Edited by samuijimmy