Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Horse's face said it all...

Malthouse claims to have not seen, I just got off the phone with Blind Freddy and even he couldn't believe what he saw!

My old man's a blue bagger from way back, even he sent me a message saying it was BS, but still asked me to stop giving him grief as he was copping his fair share of it at his local back in Adelaide hahaha...

Looks like we might be sitting in 5th for another week on percentages...

Tippett starting to gain touch, made a few errors I wasn't expecting but I have to remember that after only 2 games he's still easing back hahaha...

I was stuck in traffic having to pick the nephew up from school this afternoon, fortunately the 3G connection held firm in the testing conditions wink.png

Longmire's face was a classic. I thought Malceski was going to kick the ball away in disgust. A 50 metre penalty at that stage would not have mattered. Decision was ridiculous in any conditions.

I thought Tippet had a really good game.

Horse's face said it all...

Malthouse claims to have not seen, I just got off the phone with Blind Freddy and even he couldn't believe what he saw!

My old man's a blue bagger from way back, even he sent me a message saying it was BS, but still asked me to stop giving him grief as he was copping his fair share of it at his local back in Adelaide hahaha...

Looks like we might be sitting in 5th for another week on percentages...

Tippett starting to gain touch, made a few errors I wasn't expecting but I have to remember that after only 2 games he's still easing back hahaha...

I was stuck in traffic having to pick the nephew up from school this afternoon, fortunately the 3G connection held firm in the testing conditions wink.png

Dane Rampe and Tom Mitchell look like they will be top players for the Swans in future. The late Goal from Mitchell near the boundary was lovely to see and Rampe seems to handle the defensive pressure well

Good win to the Swans.Very wet. Worst decision of the year by the umpire for Carltons first goal.

IMO, that was possibly the worst decision in the AFL's history. That umpire needs a holiday

for sure.

I think it actually changed the game. Carlton would've gone in at half time goaless and possibly

devastated being nearly 6 down. Instead they went in with a bit of momentum and kicked 5 of the

next goals. That umpire is lucky that Syd won or the headlines would've been huge.

I can imagine Malthouses reaction if that would've been against his team. He's a good coach

but an absolute prick IMO.

Spot on re: Malthouse.

I was looking forward to Carlton going in at half time having not kicked a goal.

Would that have been the lowest half time score by any team?

Good win to the Swans.Very wet. Worst decision of the year by the umpire for Carltons first goal.

IMO, that was possibly the worst decision in the AFL's history. That umpire needs a holiday

for sure.

I think it actually changed the game. Carlton would've gone in at half time goaless and possibly

devastated being nearly 6 down. Instead they went in with a bit of momentum and kicked 5 of the

next goals. That umpire is lucky that Syd won or the headlines would've been huge.

I can imagine Malthouses reaction if that would've been against his team. He's a good coach

but an absolute prick IMO.

Spot on re: Malthouse.

I was looking forward to Carlton going in at half time having not kicked a goal.

Would that have been the lowest half time score by any team?

Not sure what the lowest half time score is. I remember in 1989, WCE kicked

1.12 against Essendon for the whole game. Their only goal coming in the last quarter.

Oh the pain.

• Like 2

I think GWS went goalless in the first half of one of their games this season... Could be wrong though ;)

Anyone else watch the press conference post match? I knew Malthouse was a bit of a rex hunt but wow... That was the longest 5 minutes I've seen... He just does not like to lose!

As for our new blood, you just have to be chuffed when you see the talent coming through this year, you know when the guns of yesterday are gone that the club's in sound hands for the next 10 or so years...

Mitchell will snag a brownlow by the end of the decade as will Hannerbery (if he can stay injury free). Jetta, Jack(s), Richards, Parker, Hannerbery, Mitchell, Reid, White (if he holds his form), Rohan (when he gets his leg right) - going to be a formidable team.

I'd go so far as to say that there's 3 other teams with lists that have the same potential: GC, GWS & Freo.

• Like 2

GOLD Coast's hopes of securing a shock finals berth remain very much alive, with the third-year club facing the easiest run home of any team in the competition.

While fellow top eight contenders West Coast, Port Adelaide and Carlton all have difficult fixtures over the final 10 rounds of the season, the Suns play four of the bottom six teams.

Further, their only clash with a top six team is against Richmond in Cairns, a game they are yet to lose.

Using a formula designating 18 points for a game against the top team, Hawthorn, down to one point for a game against the bottom team, Greater Westerm Sydney, the Suns' total of 75 points ranks 18th in difficulty.

St Kilda faces the toughest fixture, playing all of the top six teams for a total of 127 points over its final 10 matches.

The Eagles, Power and Blues rank second, third and fourth, with 115, 112 and 101 points respectively.

With 11 wins likely to be enough to clinch eighth place, Gold Coast would need to win six matches to put itself in the finals frame.

The Suns' poor percentage, however, may see them needing a seventh win.

Third-placed Fremantle is set to be the other major beneficiary of the fixture over the final 10 rounds.

Ross Lyon's men appear certain to finish in the top four, with only two matches to come against top six opponents, and four against bottom six teams.

Fremantle is also set to welcome back stars Matthew Pavlich and Aaron Sandilands from injury as September draws near.

post-147205-0-31866500-1372484603_thumb.

Freo's probably got the easiest run home of the top 4... Sydney still have Geelong (away), Collingwood and Hawthorn to play... So not so easy...

They also have WCE and Richmond.

According to that chart the other teams must have worse runs.

I feel that Sydneys last 2 games are an advantage for them (Hawks and Geelong) before the finals. Freo though have a soft last 4 games which may work against them

Edited by BookMan

They also have WCE and Richmond.

According to that chart the other teams must have worse runs.

I feel that Sydneys last 2 games are an advantage for them (Hawks and Geelong) before the finals. Freo though have a soft last 4 games which may work against them

Similar to last year if I remember correctly, and we all know how that panned out :)

Melbourne....Q4 @ the 13 minute mark - Melbourne ahead by 44 (102-58) game over surely...

The Bulldogs scored the next 42 points... then Melbourne 1 point

Full time result 103 - 100

tongue.png

Does this mean that Melbourne will still get that extra priority pick? Now they are neck and neck with the saints I hope will get an extra priority pick as well.

Melbourne....Q4 @ the 13 minute mark - Melbourne ahead by 44 (102-58) game over surely...

tongue.png

Does this mean that Melbourne will still get that extra priority pick? Now they are neck and neck with the saints I hope will get an extra priority pick as well.

If they do I hope they use it choosing a defensive player

tongue.png

If they do I hope they use it choosing a defensive player

That's what I thought they would do last year, but no they went for more ruckmen and key tall forwards. These picks are stashed away in the cupboard gathering dust and haven't even been unwrapped yet. What the saints need is a decent recruiting manager, the likes of Wells from Geelong. I bet 50% will be delisted this year.

Edited by chooka

I watched the Port/Collingwood game on Australia Network.

I think Ken Hinkley would have to just about be the coach of the year.

When you look at Port last year to now, they have massively improved.

Could be an interesting game Ess versus Port next week.

• Like 1

Thanks to the Cats for putting away the Dockers tonight, bumping the Swans back into the top 4, I can sleep easy tonight smile.png

Anyone got a box of tissues they could lend me please ?

As a saints supporter I understand your pain.

• Like 1

Thanks to the Cats for putting away the Dockers tonight, bumping the Swans back into the top 4, I can sleep easy tonight Posted Image

Scoreline flattered freo in some ways. Geelong had something like 16 scoring shots in a row near the end of the game. Poor accuracy.

I don't think Frei will be too worried...if their top players do return soon

Thanks to the Cats for putting away the Dockers tonight, bumping the Swans back into the top 4, I can sleep easy tonight smile.png

As a saints supporter I understand your pain.

Being a WCE fan, a box of Kleenex for me as well.

• Like 1

Some interesting games next week.

Highlight of the round has to be Geelong v Hawthorn (i tip Geelong)

also have

Carlton v Collingwood

Kangaroos v Richmond

Adel v WCE

Essendon v Port

If Port beat Essendon that will be Sydney, Freo and Essendon they have beaten in consecutive weeks

I don't think Hinkley's been Ports messiah, I would attribute that to their new fitness bloke, can't remember his name but he's quite the trainer, think he was with Liverpool in the EPL prior...

You can see that Port start slow but have won the last quarter in the majority of their last matches...

If Freo make the 4, as I think they will, I just hope for their sake that they don't go out in straight sets like last time..

Some interesting games next week.

Highlight of the round has to be Geelong v Hawthorn (i tip Geelong)

also have

Carlton v Collingwood

Kangaroos v Richmond

Adel v WCE

Essendon v Port

If Port beat Essendon that will be Sydney, Freo and Essendon they have beaten in consecutive weeks

freo or Collingwood?

• Like 1

I don't think Hinkley's been Ports messiah, I would attribute that to their new fitness bloke, can't remember his name but he's quite the trainer, think he was with Liverpool in the EPL prior...

You can see that Port start slow but have won the last quarter in the majority of their last matches...

If Freo make the 4, as I think they will, I just hope for their sake that they don't go out in straight sets like last time..

You still have to credit their improvement with the coach. The fitness coach has been good but he's usually employed

by the coach anyway. It's usually a team effort but the coach gets a kick in the backside if they fail so he has to get

the plaudits when they win.

Freo are a lot different under Lyon. After beating Geelong in last years finals, they we're a bit unlucky to lose to the Crows.

• Like 1