Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know Heath Shaw ain't the brightest, but how was his gifting a goal to Angus Monfries?

Heard the umpy going "don't go high" several times but still he went ahead. A coach killer.

Also, a bit untidy throwing the pill in Monfries face at half time. Will that get sighted?

Anyone else think that Buckley erred in subbing out Jamie Elliott instead of Lachie Keefe?

Very poor discipline from Shaw.

Did you hear Shaw saying something to Monfries about Essendon not having wanted him?

Yep, something like "you were given the arse from Essendon etc etc".

I heard Buckley speak about the club's culture after the game.

I still think there's a clique with Swan, Thomas, Shaw and a few others

that Buckley is trying to deal with.

We've got tha power to win.

Tha power to roar.

How do ya like them apple's.tongue.png

They will get flogged next week against Geelong. I am extremely happy to see Collingwood go out.
laugh.png

Port has got further this year than anyone thought they would.

I do think Geelong will do a number in them next week

I think Geelong will get the chocolates as well, but if Port are in touch at 3 quarter time, look out.

I think GrantSmith said a while ago "underestimate Port at your own peril".

They're young, fit and have nothing to lose.

I bet the Hawks supporters are a tad worried with Freo's win.

They were probably banking on playing Freo in a prelim final and might now be playing their

nemesis Geelong.

wrote the script 2 weeks ago and it is playing out word for word. Still going for a Geelong / Fremantle Grand final with Geelong the winners.

So trade bargaining has started already. Nick Dal Santo (St Kilda) to be traded to the Gold Coast in exchange for Nth Melbourne's Luke Delaney and rd 2 draft pick.

Colin Sylvia may also be heading to the saints.

Edited by chooka

So trade bargaining has started already. Nick Dal Santo (St Kilda) to be traded to the Gold Coast in exchange for Nth Melbourne's Luke Delaney and rd 2 draft pick.

Colin Sylvia may also be heading to the saints.

You happy about that trade?

Well Dal Santo will be turning 30 next Feb and still has some value when it comes to trades. Maybe only 2 seasons left in him, so a wise choice trade if you are rebuilding and can get 2 young players for him. Montagna may also be used as trade bait. This year will be the 1st time the saints will not give away their 1st and 2nd rounds picks for recycled players since 2007. wasted so many picks over the last 5 years on recycled players who never made the grade could of had a core of young players coming through like Geelong but they stuffed it all up.

great atmosphere and intriguing game between the tigers and the blues.

gotta say the tigers should have enough in reserve to fight off the blues especially considering the fact of how many knocks they've picked up already. the blues are clinging on in there and you never know though, this weekend has already thrown up it's fare share of head scratching shock results.

great atmosphere and intriguing game between the tigers and the blues.

gotta say the tigers should have enough in reserve to fight off the blues especially considering the fact of how many knocks they've picked up already. the blues are clinging on in there and you never know though, this weekend has already thrown up it's fare share of head scratching shock results.

Carlton are not helping themselves....given away 3 crucial fifty metre penalties. Richmond looking the far better side

Watched the Magpies Power game on TV last night. Excellent result.

Five minutes before the final siren, the Army of Collingwood Unfaithful started filing out of the stadium.

Then the cameras zoomed in on Eddie McGuire, exposing that stony vacant stare that he gets on his face when things aren't going his way.

Unforgettable viewing pleasure.

I love BT's comment when they focused in on Eddie "I guess Ed doesn't have to worry about the 6

day break now". Classic:D

Eddie has nothing to worry about. Collingwood now has a six month break between games.

I picked well this weekend. My picks all lost.

You're no Robinson Crusoe there mate haha..

Three upsets out of 4 games....well, four upsets for the die hard swans supporters laugh.png

With the exception of the Sydney game, they were all terrific to watch. Good hard entertaining footy. Well worthy of a first finals week

• Like 2

I liked what Mick Malthouse said this morning on SEN in regards to the crowd of 95K at the Richmond/Carlton game. He said it was the people's final where they came to watch the game producing a thunderous deafening atmosphere. It was not a corporate meeting where deals are done and chardonnay sipped against a backdrop of a footy game like the prelims and Grand Final. He said football is not a social gathering for politicians, movie stars and the jetset, they have the Melbourne Cup to dress up and show off their wealth and football belongs to the supporters and the real fans.

• Like 1

I liked what Mick Malthouse said this morning on SEN in regards to the crowd of 95K at the Richmond/Carlton game. He said it was the people's final where they came to watch the game producing a thunderous deafening atmosphere. It was not a corporate meeting where deals are done and chardonnay sipped against a backdrop of a footy game like the prelims and Grand Final. He said football is not a social gathering for politicians, movie stars and the jetset, they have the Melbourne Cup to dress up and show off their wealth and football belongs to the supporters and the real fans.

Sometimes he does make some sense

Could be a few more injuries for the Swans this week. Mcveigh, Bolton and Rohan all possibles...

Should Goodes come back this week? It is a big call...he has been out a while and wont be match fit. We saw Jetta was not ready last week...really should have gone with Brandon jack as the sub

Could be a few more injuries for the Swans this week. Mcveigh, Bolton and Rohan all possibles...

Should Goodes come back this week? It is a big call...he has been out a while and wont be match fit. We saw Jetta was not ready last week...really should have gone with Brandon jack as the sub

Big difference between a fully fit Jetta and a 80% fit Goodesy, I know who I'd put the house on to bring a team together.

I think Jetts might have been a bit gun shy, he was like that a bit last year but hit his straps at the money end of season.

McVeigh did appear to be in a bit of discomfort but he too hasn't been firing well in the latter half of the season. Bolts is a war horse and will play if he feels right, he won't play if he thinks he'll be a detriment to the team.

I'd like to see Benny McGlynn lift a bit, needs to support Kennedy and K Jack more and cover more territory.

Ryan O needs to break his funk as well, when things get tough he seems rushed into making decisions.

I don't think the Blues have played at ANZ before, so this could either help the swans or really f*** them up.

Mick's a master tactician and knows how to get the job done. So plenty of homework for the boys this week...

I think Goodes is crucial if you want to advance to the GF. Don't think you can do it without him.

Jetta is like a "cream on the cake" type footballer IMO. Really tops off a good side but can struggle

in a side that is struggling, which the Swans are. I didn't realize it until I heard on 3AW yesterday that

they've lost 4 out of their last 5.

I'd never rule them out but I reckon they may have 1 really good last game in them. Hopefully they

will beat Mick's mob and then a real hard gig at Freo. At least if they get through to the GF, we will

be guaranteed of having an interstate club in the GF.

Here's a wrap up of last night's footy shows.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/miss-out-on-the-afl-television-shows-last-night-rewind-with-our-wrap-here/story-e6frg1y3-1226715688543

Some interesting quotes:

Gerard Healy says the Swans can't play Goodes, Lewis Jetta and Gary Rohan in the same side, given all three are coming off long-term injuries.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou says a Commission meeting on Brownlow Medal morning will decide if Essendon players can become free agents and walk out due to breaches of their contract during the drugs saga.

I'd never rule them out but I reckon they may have 1 really good last game in them. Hopefully they

will beat Mick's mob and then a real hard gig at Freo. At least if they get through to the GF, we will

And if they don't beat Freo, there won't be an interstate side in the GF?

Here's a wrap up of last night's footy shows.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/miss-out-on-the-afl-television-shows-last-night-rewind-with-our-wrap-here/story-e6frg1y3-1226715688543

Some interesting quotes:

Gerard Healy says the Swans can't play Goodes, Lewis Jetta and Gary Rohan in the same side, given all three are coming off long-term injuries.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou says a Commission meeting on Brownlow Medal morning will decide if Essendon players can become free agents and walk out due to breaches of their contract during the drugs saga.

I agree with Healy. Just too risky taking in 3 long term injured players to a full on final. Swans should write them off this season and look to next year for those blokes

Goodes can lift a side but I think he will not be match fit and should not be risked. He generally takes a few games to get back into the groove.

Of the 3, Jetta is maybe the best gamble...but again, it looks too soon for him. Rohan looks to have soreness in the legs

The Swans would have their preferred run to the GF, on paper, but I am not sure if they will beat Freo. I certainly cannot see them beating the Hawks, should things play out that way. (of course, I said that last year and the Swans won tongue.png )

I do think they will bounce back this week, but not if they carry injured players in.

Big difference between a fully fit Jetta and a 80% fit Goodesy, I know who I'd put the house on to bring a team together.

I think Jetts might have been a bit gun shy, he was like that a bit last year but hit his straps at the money end of season.

McVeigh did appear to be in a bit of discomfort but he too hasn't been firing well in the latter half of the season. Bolts is a war horse and will play if he feels right, he won't play if he thinks he'll be a detriment to the team.

I'd like to see Benny McGlynn lift a bit, needs to support Kennedy and K Jack more and cover more territory.

Ryan O needs to break his funk as well, when things get tough he seems rushed into making decisions.

I don't think the Blues have played at ANZ before, so this could either help the swans or really f*** them up.

Mick's a master tactician and knows how to get the job done. So plenty of homework for the boys this week...

What type of crowd are we going to get in Sydney? 50,000?

Benny needs to lift himself. When is he contracted till? Maybe St Kilda will take him.

And if they don't beat Freo, there won't be an interstate side in the GF?

Sorry, I think you meant to say "if they get through to the Prelim final"

What type of crowd are we going to get in Sydney? 50,000?

Benny needs to lift himself. When is he contracted till? Maybe St Kilda will take him.

Don't think the Saints will look at Mc Glynn. How old is he now 29? Saints are going for youth and defensive players this year looking ahead to the future and not stop gaps.