Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

I used to think neeshams coaching was before its time and not that disimilar to today,his problem was he wasn't blessed with a squad like the eagles first up and they didn't have the skills or mental strength under pressure to fullfill it.

In Fremantle's history, they'd never had a proven coach and have had some absolute duds like
Damian Drum and Chris Connolly.

Don't forget their first coach Neesham, the water polo player!

And not limited to coaches. WhyTF did we hire Modra, Tarrant.

the turning point started when Rick Hart stepped down as club president, then Connolly was gone, then most of the coaching staff, some dead wood was also cut from the squad, the last to go was Harvey - the best assistant coach we've had, but we had already filled that spot with Sumich.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Justin Leppitsch has just been named Brisbane's coach for next year beating Sydney assistant Leigh Tudor to the post..

Senior coaching aside, Leigh really should stick it out a few more years with the red and white...

Yes just read that here,

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/premiership-defender-justin-leppitsch-to-replace-michael-voss-as-coach-of-brisbane-lions/story-fni5f4q3-1226726192906

I dont know much about Justin Lepp... Seems like they might be making a similar cultural-fit appointment as to Voss?

I think I read that they have board turmoil and there is a meeting called to vote in a new board?

Given the scenario of Hawks v Freo a couple of weeks back I tipped the Hawks..

Saturday's night demolition of SYdney has made me re think that a little bit. That first half from Freo was just awesome....if not for wasted opportunities the first quarter they could have been 50 points up at the first change.

I do believe Freo could beat Hawthorn, but, i'll be sticking with Hawthorn to win

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Mike Sheehan said last night On the Couch that, regardless of the GF result,

he thinks Alistair Clarkson will be coaching the WCE next year.

http://www.6pr.com.au/blogs/6pr-perth-blog/will-clarko-join-west-coast/20130924-2ucns.html

I hope he's right!

Bit of a surprise.

Is he likely to take a few players with him?

Could see Buddy returning home then... I'd imagine WC have enough room in the salary cap to accommodate him...

http://www.6pr.com.au/blogs/6pr-perth-blog/will-clarko-join-west-coast/20130924-2ucns.html

I hope he's right!

Bit of a surprise.

Could see Buddy returning home then... I'd imagine WC have enough room in the salary cap to accommodate him...

Big call GS.

Ron19 actually made this prediction earlier in the year...cept he was hoping for Freo w00t.gif

• Like 1

I hope he's right!

Bit of a surprise.

Big call GS.

Ron19 actually made this prediction earlier in the year...cept he was hoping for Freo w00t.gif

I called Sheehan's hand and raised him Buddy :P

Hers one for the Eagles supporters that used to knock the Dockers.

• 1235304_559475730787094_1216438159_n.jpg

How much for a saints jumper? Maybe they gave them all away.

Buy a West coast or Freo jersey and get the St Kilda one free?

I heard that Collingwood were in the 2 for 1 aisle tongue.png

I was actually in the sporting section of K Mart in my home town about 4 months ago and it was the same last year, they only sell Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon gear. I wanted to buy a saints shirt for my son and bring it back to Thailand. The AFL shop in the city wanted $79 bought one from the club online for $49.

I'm tipping Freo; possibly more with my heart than my head.

That being said, if they play as they did against Sydney and lift their conversion rate early in the game they are a real chance.

I think it is going to be a tight contest and really looking forward to the game. I will be going for the hawks but I think freo will just nudge them out. Won't be much in it.

Having said that Freo are carrying a lot on their shoulders psychologically being in their maiden grand final. I am sure that their team of sports psychologists will be working overtime to prepare them.

A far cry from the days of Allan jeans, Ted Whitten and Ron Barrassi who would simply slap them around the head and tell them to get out there and "Eat them bloody alive"

• Like 1

I'm tipping Freo; possibly more with my heart than my head.

That being said, if they play as they did against Sydney and lift their conversion rate early in the game they are a real chance.

I think it is going to be a tight contest and really looking forward to the game. I will be going for the hawks but I think freo will just nudge them out. Won't be much in it.

Having said that Freo are carrying a lot on their shoulders psychologically being in their maiden grand final. I am sure that their team of sports psychologists will be working overtime to prepare them.

A far cry from the days of Allan jeans, Ted Whitten and Ron Barrassi who would simply slap them around the head and tell them to get out there and "Eat them bloody alive"

It's going to be a tough 1st quarter. I'm expecting Freo to come out swinging; literally. Their tactics should be to intimidate to the max to throw the hawks off balance from the first bounce.

• Like 1

15 deg and rain forecast for the game. Any opinions out there on who gets an advantage in a wet game?

The team who uses it less from one to the other.(freo)

Hope both sides remember there screw ins if wet.

Be a little sad if not fine as hard for both sides to show their skills.

I hope he's right!

heard Leppich for Brisbane

Yep. Signed and announced. Here is his news conference

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-09-25/leppitsch-returns-to-the-pride

My Freo supporter friend sent this email:

Get ready xxxx no state team or drug assistance. This is going to be the states first genuine afl premiership . Great achievement

Shows the attitude that turned me off Freo people, and led to the banning of footy discussion at our pissups.

Still a nice guy and has visited me in Thailand, but footy talk is out.

Edited by Old Croc