Health Insurance In Phuket

Easy answer if you are on the ground in Phuket. Consider going in person to the three private hospitals, and each hospital will have bi-lingual staff who deal every day with insurance claims of patients. Ask the staff "face to face" which insurance broker they recommend. Ask them "face to face" which insurance company pays claims with out a run around to the hospital. You may get three different answers to each question, but you will get the local name and phone numbers of the insurance brokers who best coordinate with those 3 hospitals. It was how I became aware of Eric Dohlon, who has an office not far from Tesco / HomePro. It does not cost a single baht extra to work with an insurance BROKER, and it can make the whole process go smooth. BUPA offers a 10% family discount if three or more people in your family are on the same policy, even if all three have different coverage levels. BUPA also does a 10% annual no claims rebate, but most important in my observation, they pay in a timely fashion with any of the private hospitals, and while getting a staff person at BUPA who understands English can be a challenge, my bi-lingual insurance broker has worked with BUPA to make three hospital events go smooth in terms of billing and settlement by the insurance company with no delay on departing the hospital after the overnight procedures. A good broker can explain your options, can do it on the phone, face to face and / or through e-mail. A native English speaking broker who was born in Thailand and lived for many years in Phuket would be a person to consider, but you can find out directly from the three hospitals who they work with on a daily basis.

The hospital billing staff who process the insurance claims sure do not want hassles, they want satisfied patients who can depart the hospital with paid bills.

I have top of the line: platinum BUPA, i highly recommend it, dont save money on insurance, it may save your life one day!!

I have see 2 cases of Falang who lives here, did not make insurance, got sick, ran out of money.. sad sad story's..

GET THE BEST MONEY CAN BUY!! its cheap as hell any way.. i pay like 50K pr year, that's nothing compared to my home country who robbed me of 75% in tax!!