Lifan Cross 200

i prefer honda wave over lifan at all times.

wave is reliable like hell and lasts forever with a good resale value and just for these, it is the best selling bike at all times.

i do not buy any Chinese brand bike as i do not feel secure on them, i do not trust Chinese products especially if it is something moving!

My cousin bought a Chinese Keeway 150 cc scooter some years ago and it was horror moments when i was riding the bike. god bless! That bike after 5000 km was junk.

I agree that a wave is reliable as hell, ours is over ten years old, was looked after by us for 4 years, and totally abused by the missus' nephew while we were in the UK for six years. However, it's still pretty much going strong, just.

For me though, i'm just not interested in getting a new wave. It would be good for the commute to work, but would I even consider getting on it for a weekend pleasure ride?.....nah, no way, totally unispiring.

And to be totally honest, for the cash we're talking about, resale values don't really interest me either. I don't want to sound totally wasteful, but I see it as a bit of a throw away toy, as long as i've had my fun, i'm not interested in getting a few hundred quid back for it 5 years down the line.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

good point

Lifan seems to be coming along nicely but you have to look further down the line what sort off condition is the bike gonna be in say 1 1/2- 2 years time only time will tell

IMO these liafans seem ok for on road would I take 1 off the beaten track in the middle of nowhere I don't think so

It's interesting with more people buying them on here now we can start to get some decent reviews

hahah exactly. i cannot imagine myself on a lifan and beaten track in the middle of nowhere combination. I cannot imagine riding it in the city or touring on it too.

It is just the matter of trust. I do not want to think about the reliability of a bike or if something will fall off or not. I like to focus on riding the bike only and enjoying it.

Still, lifan or not , it is a bike and i respect all kind of bikes and if i end up in a deserted island with lifan, i do not complaintongue.png

One should not forget that the Cross200, as it is sold in Thailand, is at the low budget end, even for a Lifan bike. Lifan is selling many different bikes all over the world. There are some models that i would prefer over a Cross200, e.g. the Cossack250. But these models are not available in Thailand and of course they would be more expensive than a Cross200. You get what you pay for, so its useless to compare a Cross200 with a CRF or a KLX. If you start comparing you should do it in the same price range or at least take the low price of the Cross200 as a very big advantage over the japanese brands. Many happy owners of the Cross200. IMO this says it all :)

• Like 1

I am not looking down on the bike just presenting my ideas here.

But, i am sure a honda wave with cross tires will perform better that lifan.

What i am trying to say is the reliability of a bike and the feeling of trust coming from it and i do not trust Chinese bikes or moving objects.

I am sure there are many happy owners of lifan mostly because they pay less? hahah

One should not forget that the Cross200, as it is sold in Thailand, is at the low budget end, even for a Lifan bike. Lifan is selling many different bikes all over the world. There are some models that i would prefer over a Cross200, e.g. the Cossack250. But these models are not available in Thailand and of course they would be more expensive than a Cross200. You get what you pay for, so its useless to compare a Cross200 with a CRF or a KLX. If you start comparing you should do it in the same price range or at least take the low price of the Cross200 as a very big advantage over the japanese brands. Many happy owners of the Cross200. IMO this says it all :)

Wantan no one is comparing it to the crf/klx no one on this thread has even mentioned them bikes apart from you we are just giving our opinions on them I'm with loserlazer I like to ride the bike and feel comfortable with it's build,reliability and safety

Edited by taninthai

What i am trying to say is the reliability of a bike and the feeling of trust coming from it and i do not trust Chinese bikes or moving objects.

I am sure there are many happy owners of lifan mostly because they pay less? hahah

You're not the first, nor will you be the last, to state their distrust/disike of Lifan bikes.

If you can talk from personal experience, please share your views, but otherwise your point has been made countless times, and has gotten rather tedious now.

I don't think anyone, certainly not the readership of here, purchases a Lifan thinking they have bought something with the quality of one of the big three japanese brands. People have their eyes wide open on this, you get what you pay for.

But for 45k, you either get a boring Honda wave or equivalent, or a Lifan which is a dam_n sight more fun, and totally different to what your average Somchai is riding.

Edited by LucidLucifer

Really, you think a Wave with a tire change will perform better than a Lifan Cross. I welcome you to try even some of the tamer trails I have had my Lifan on and you can bring any scooter you like. Have you ever left the ground on a Wave? I bet you would need some maintenance then. Or if you like, try to race a Lifan cross at the lights sometime in the city.

I accept your Wave will need much less maintenance, but that is not what most people mean by performance. Wave's last because you can't make them work hard.

The difference, one is a motorcycle (old tech and low end sure) and one is a scooter (girls bike)

• Like 2

The difference, one is a motorcycle (old tech and low end sure) and one is a scooter (girls bike)

....you've gotta admit the lovely basket on the front of a wave is handy for your shopping though....smile.png

And for the testosterone challenged, you can ride them wearing a skirt......

....you've gotta admit the lovely basket on the front of a wave is handy for your shopping though....smile.png

And for the testosterone challenged, you can ride them wearing a skirt......

Or a kilt, which is the same thing......where's Smokie....???

Just picked up my Lifan cross 200 for 45,000. ...enjoying it so far! Anybody know of any good trail rides near Buriram?New-Transportation.png

Congrats on your new bike, where did you buy it?? In Buriram??

A good friend of mine who's coming to life in Buriram province by the end of the year, wants to purchase a off road bike, it will be his first bike, and after reading this thread this bike seems to be a good deal for him.

Correct me if i'm wrong but is the engine on this bike based on the old Honda XL125/XL185/XL200 ?? it looks very similair.

About trail riding around Buriram, well, just turn in at one of the many country roads and it's sometimes surprising what kind of nice roads and trials you'll discover.( don't get lost)

You know Lam Nang Rong Dam ?? ( next to the 348) about '50 km's from Nang Rong direction Cambodia ( so about 100km's from Buriram city) Around that lake you can do some nice trial riding, if you don't mind make your bike dirty.

post-143096-0-72161100-1339124452_thumb.

Mayby we can hook up one time to go riding there ( I live between Buriram and Nang Rong) i drive a KLX 250.

Have lots of LIFUN

Dutchbike

Hey Dutchbike,

I'd love to meet up and go riding some time. I just went out today and had a look around. Found some nice dirt roads, and even a few trails, outside of Buriram City. It's never as fun alone, though. Always get that nagging feeling about having some sort of failure while alone out in the middle of nowhere!

Yeah, I did buy it in Buriram. I got it from the Suzuki dealer right across from Rajabaht University. They had just gotten them in for the first time. I bought the first one. The second is now gone, and the third one is still on the lot.

I think you may be right about the engine. The Chinese are known for reverse engineering other people's products and copying them. The probably bought one of the bikes you mentioned and took it apart...then started making molds!

I work during the week, but maybe we can hook up for a Saturday/Sunday ride.

Ryan

Hi Ryan, the weekends are fine with me, just let me know when it's suits you and we can meet somewhere in the middle.

How's coming saturdaymorning the 16th sounds to you??...... 10 AM at the Shell station next to the 24 (just outside Nang Rong)

Coming from Buriram city take the 218 to Nang Rong, at the intersection at the end of this road ( trafficlights) turn right to the 24, the Shell station is on the left side just after this turn, from there we can ride together to the Lam Nang Rong Dam.

That nagging feeling sounds familiar, it could be sometimes a long walk back to civilisation.

It's not just a failure but also a fall could cause some serious "problems" When i'm riding alone i'm always cautious , but i'm not a hardcore off roader,for me it's enjoying the trails, the scenery and the bike, not to go as fast as possible.

Let me know if the date suits you, PM me to exchange phone numbers.

Cheers

Dutchbike ( Pieter)

post-131287-0-26197200-1339474091_thumb.After some thinking, and talking with another Thai man (who paid 46,000 Bt in Chiang Mai) I think I will get one. Black. I like some features like the rack and grab bar. Both electric and kick start. Instermintation is sparce to say the least, but I do like the km/mph speedo. The seat worries me, doesn't look to comfy. I have decided to go with the standard unit, not the motard. but with the money saved will be changing the tires out to Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires. rated at 95% on road and 5% off. Whick is most likely what I will be doing. Driving to an area to go explore, or tooling around and finding a gravel road or tail to look at.

Really, you think a Wave with a tire change will perform better than a Lifan Cross. I welcome you to try even some of the tamer trails I have had my Lifan on and you can bring any scooter you like. Have you ever left the ground on a Wave? I bet you would need some maintenance then. Or if you like, try to race a Lifan cross at the lights sometime in the city.

I accept your Wave will need much less maintenance, but that is not what most people mean by performance. Wave's last because you can't make them work hard.

well man, i am just joking on comparing wave and lifan.

By the way, if wave is a girl bike then i am a girl if it will make you happy but then i will tell you that lifan is a bike for cheapies and short sighted people.

And, i rode wave in many hard conditions and trails you cannot imagine and get envious with no problems at all.

anyway man, this is not wave thread so i wish happy trails with lifan for all of you.

Edited by loserlazer

post-131287-0-26197200-1339474091_thumb.After some thinking, and talking with another Thai man (who paid 46,000 Bt in Chiang Mai) I think I will get one. Black. I like some features like the rack and grab bar. Both electric and kick start. Instermintation is sparce to say the least, but I do like the km/mph speedo. The seat worries me, doesn't look to comfy. I have decided to go with the standard unit, not the motard. but with the money saved will be changing the tires out to Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires. rated at 95% on road and 5% off. Whick is most likely what I will be doing. Driving to an area to go explore, or tooling around and finding a gravel road or tail to look at.

How much have you been quoted for the tires they look good.

You will want to upgrade the seat smile.png

How much have you been quoted for the tires they look good.

You will want to upgrade the seat smile.png

The local Kawasaki shop in CM has them for about 7000 B a set. (BMW shop also has them)

The Motard option was 6000 but thinking, I wanted to keep the 21 inch front tire, it is easier to jump curbs, small log, rocks, etc. So I will up grad the rubber

You're not the first, nor will you be the last, to state their distrust/disike of Lifan bikes.

If you can talk from personal experience, please share your views, but otherwise your point has been made countless times, and has gotten rather tedious now.

I don't think anyone, certainly not the readership of here, purchases a Lifan thinking they have bought something with the quality of one of the big three japanese brands. People have their eyes wide open on this, you get what you pay for.

But for 45k, you either get a boring Honda wave or equivalent, or a Lifan which is a dam_n sight more fun, and totally different to what your average Somchai is riding.

if you want views? from me than please keep an eye on these:

"do not forget to tighten screws everyday before you ride your lifan ? "

or

"price wise, lifan owners must be the happiest in Thailand but just for a couple of six months until the bike break down in to pieces?"

clap2.gif

The thing is man, you think you made a good deal but actually you are inside now as you can ride this bike for a year or two before it becomes a junk for 45,000 thb but you can ride a honda crf which is around 130,000 thb for forever. it means lifan is not a good deal at the end. price wise.

I am not trying to be harsh on lifan owners here but just expressing my VIEWS!

again and again, as a not the best bike cbr250 owner, i am not looking any bike down. I cannot look down any bike while owning a cbr 250 haha/

Edited by loserlazer

"The thing is man, you think you made a good deal but actually you are inside now as you can ride this bike for a year or two before it becomes a junk for 45,000 thb but you can ride a honda crf which is around 130,000 thb for forever. it means lifan is not a good deal at the end. price wise.

again and again, as a not the best bike cbr250 owner, i am not looking any bike down. I cannot look down any bike while owning a cbr 250 haha"

Depends how you look at it. I purchased a new D tracker (not my only bike) and it sat most of the time. New they cost 152,000 Bt. after 1 year I sold it for 105,000 Bt and it had just over 1000 km on it. It was showroom condition. Perfect. CBR250;s were selling for 130,000 Bt.a while back and now you can find them for 89,000 Bt. used. A loss of 41,000 over a year. Yes I am sure the CRF250 is a better bike at 139,000 Bt, if you can find one at that cost. But for some of us who will use the bike only now and then, OK, I will have some fun. play with it a year or two, then sell it for maybe 20,000 - 25,000 Bt. Far less of a loss than they guy on the Honda after a year. And for the same cost of that CRF250 ( or CBR 250 ) I could get 2 or 3 bikes and still have some left over for gas !

I also have a Ninja, CBR, and wave on my driveway

• Like 2

Well said Jeff.

There are a lot of bikes that depreciate quite quickly; all the 250cc bikes for sure. I would hate to be one of those who purchased a CBR at the prices they were initally being sold at; but going from the now standard ~110K down to 89K isn't all that bad considering what other bikes lose after a year.

The sad part is that what people lose in value after that year is the cost of one of these Lifan bikes...if one is new to biking and has any mechanical aptitude than perhaps they would be best served getting one of these rather than shelling out 2x or 3x on a bike they are going to outgrow in a year?

if you want views? from me than please keep an eye on these:

"do not forget to tighten screws everyday before you ride your lifan ? "

or

"price wise, lifan owners must be the happiest in Thailand but just for a couple of six months until the bike break down in to pieces?"

clap2.gif

The thing is man, you think you made a good deal but actually you are inside now as you can ride this bike for a year or two before it becomes a junk for 45,000 thb but you can ride a honda crf which is around 130,000 thb for forever. it means lifan is not a good deal at the end. price wise.

again and again, as a not the best bike cbr250 owner, i am not looking any bike down. I cannot look down any bike while owning a cbr 250 haha/

Have you seen a current lifan that is 2 years old or has 30k on it to make this judgment? With proper maintenance and judicious part swap out I have no reason to believe this bike will not be in good nick in 3 years time. These are very simple bikes, the only thing that would ruin it would be frame degradation.

No need for word and number salad guys.

I m sure all of you understand what i mean.

And, jeff mccollum, you have all the major bikes in Thailand but do you own a lifan really?

After all, we are talking about a bike here which is always risky to ride. It is not a Chinese car at least with four wheels.

Besides a new cbr250 is 102,000 thb now and i bought mine as second hand for 88.000 thb in three hundred km so...

And, for a bike newbee a lifan is much more dangerous bike with its cross tires, high stance and poor tech so if anyone is new in biking, definitely do not buy lifan, especially in Thailand. No need for risk man or it is your head on seat so up to you.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

I'm finding it difficult to take your words of wisdom seriously when you cannot even correctly identify your own machine....ooops...sad.png

I have the same problems with my cbr150 .......

i need to wait another 6 months as i am holding the cbr150 for 4.5 years now.

I cannot look down any bike while owning a cbr 250 haha/

Besides a new cbr250 is 102,000 thb now and i bought mine as second hand for 88.000 thb in three hundred km

At the rate you bike is gaining in cc, this time next week it will have morphed into one of these:

honda-cbr-1000-rr-06.jpg

whistling.gifthumbsup.gifwai.gif

Edited by LucidLucifer

I'm finding it difficult to take your words of wisdom seriously when you cannot even correctly identify your own machine....ooops...wai.gif

I don't think he has either a bike nor 46000 baht to spend on one.

i said what i need to say guys, the rest, you can play here in the children park sand pool with your lifanswhistling.gif

and no brains to realize that i am a multiple bike owner as i am not a Cheap Charlie like you guys hahaha to buy only lifan.

anyway, good luck but please realize, you ride you lifans "head on the seat"

i said what i need to say guys, the rest, you can play here in the children park sand pool with your lifanswhistling.gif

and no brains to realize that i am a multiple bike owner as i am not a Cheap Charlie like you guys hahaha to buy only lifan.

anyway, good luck but please realize, you ride you lifans "head on the seat"

If you'd just fessed up and said 'ok, i was exaggerating a little to make my point' you'd have gained much more respect. As it is, you are just digging your hole deeper.

Multiple bike owner.....I smell another porky pie.....laugh.png

Loser... I thought you said you drove a Wave.

What do you have against what other people drive anyhow?

Did your mom leave you for a Chinese motorcycle dealer or something?

Why don't you post in threads in which you have something useful to contribute, as is it is obvious you have never driven and will never buy a Lifan.

• Like 2

i had no reason to post again here but could not hold myself when i see someone talking about my dead mom in a bike forum especially in a shitty lifan thread.

Are you guys following my life? Haha it is funny really. You all know what i drove what are my bikes. My followers.

So, this is how you live guys? Shitting in forums? Just get a life really or if you need a job just pm me man. I have jobs.

Check my posts. I m just saying here if you buy a lifan, you will be inside and it is a 'head on the seat' ride. It is my suggestion for everyone thinking to buy this bike especially newbies and even i startle sometime when i remember my bikes are made in Thailand. Every month at least ten of my staff have an accident on roads man with a bike. Lost arms, twisted legs and one of them lynched - not to death god bless - just because he hit a monk.

I never insult anyone or put anyone s mom here so you guys are just surprassing your incompetence with insults. This is for people with no brains man. Is this how you were living in Canada?

So canuck what about your post? Is it contributive to talk about someone s dead mom in a bike forum? So if it is contributing then let me contribute a little: is your mom a Chinese lover or fantasying about Chinese? Or the hardest, are you half Chinese therefore?

You are very lucky you are not near me man and i hope - actually you hope - i do not see you somewhere on your lifan as where i am coming from, mothers are sacred and your words are a reason to trash someone.

By the way do you own a lifan canuck?

Thanks for all and god bless your moms and can turn back to the topic.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

loserlaser, I would have thought his name..canuck-amuck...would have spelled out that he doesn't follow the worldwide view of a stereotypical Canadian (even though I've never seen him post anything onerous on this forum).

And the other posters are right; you're posting as poorly as Tony does when he spams the Honda threads. I'm sure that canuckamuck is incredibly sorry you understood his post to be insulting to your dear departed mum, and he will show sensitivity in the future to where you do not have to concern yourself with this thread.

As Pat Condell says "Peace".

• Like 2