Us Online Banks That Allow Online Transfers To Bkb Ny

Just curious what others are using?

My credit union allows same day transfers if done before 10am their time with a phone call from

Thailand but the transfer limit per day is too small 5K

My Capital One account allows up to 250k a day ( more than I ever need wink.png ) but it takes

3 days to complete

Any others with a decent daily limit that moves money the same day?

Edited by flying

Bank of America does mine next day for no fee. $5 million per day limit. Dollars not baht.

Thanks javabear

I actually already have a CC account with them so it would be easy to open the online banking side too

Can I ask if your living in Thailand now?

Just want to be sure there is no problem logging in & doing transfers from Thailand

Thanks

If you are talking about the special scheme that Bangkok Bank offers that supports ACH (not SWIFT) transfers between U.S. (and U.K to BB London) bank accounts and your Thai BB account via BB New York (you do the ACH to New York using your Thai account number), I think most ALL U.S. banks offering online service do that. However, you need to do an initial setup to establish the link and this involves verifying small amount trial transfers first. Once the setup is done, you are good. In my case, I am limited to 2000 USD for each of these transactions; not sure why the limit is so low.

Edited by Jingthing

ally on line bank is easy to set up with the two trial deposits, but it is not same day transfers such as a S.W.I.F.T. wire transfer. About three days but the limit and price for the service is worthwhile. I opened my all bank account when I lived full time in America. Plenty of information on the ally web site.

Bank of America does mine next day for no fee. $5 million per day limit. Dollars not baht.

Agreed. Been using B of A for years to transfer to my two accounts here at Siam and Kasikorn and have never had an issue.

I use USAA. I have the limit set low on purpose, 5k USD, but could set it as high as I want. I call them now, and in about 5 minutes the money is on the way to BB via NYC. Money arrives quite quickly. If I wanted to transfer an amount below the limit, I can do it online. I use to do SWIFT transfers, but this method is much easier, can be done outside regular hours and is a fair amount cheaper.

I use to have BofA, but all the fees they charge are ridiculous.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies !

Also the BOA & USAA are possible too.

I agree Craig as I also do things online instead of SWIFT & it is

better & less expensive too.

The only think I do not like with CAP 1 is they take too long.

3 days from my local credit union & then 3 days to BKB NY

I have wrote them & mentioned that with expats something quicker would be appreciated.

So when we transfer we have an idea of the exchange rate.

Although it is pretty stable these days I think it could get a bit volatile

in the not too distant future.

Only Bangkok Bank is capable of ACH transfers and that is the only way to go to avoid those pesky Swift wire transfer fees.

Set up a Chase Account and it's a breeze from there. I live in Thailand and flip money easily and cheaply via ACH.

Save a bundle. No charge for the transfer, just the conversion.

Wire transfers are surely needed sometimes to get BIG money within a few days; however, there is a faster and cheaper way to cover most of a person's daily/monthly living expenses. Open a home country bank account(s) that provides a no foreign transaction fee debit card with ATM fee reimbursement and get money in hand as soon as it comes out of the ATM with out-of-pocket fees at all on the sending or receiving end. And use an AEON ATM and avoid your bank even having to reimburse any ATM fee. I have two such U.S. Visa debit cards from Schwab Bank and State Farm Bank...each gives me up to $1000 per day ($2,000 combined...that equals approximately 60,000 baht/day if needed)...and the Visa logo debit card exchange rate is plus or minus a few stang of the Thai bank TT Buying Rate which you get for ACH/SWIFT transfers.

Sure beats waiting for your money to show-up via an ACH/SWIFT transfer (weekends/holidays are also no longer a delay factor) and paying the associated sending and/or receiving fee(s). Yeap, this requires opening a bank account that provides a no foreign transaction fee debit card, but there are a good number of banks/credit unions out there that still provide such cards.

• Like 1

Only Bangkok Bank is capable of ACH transfers and that is the only way to go to avoid those pesky Swift wire transfer fees.

Set up a Chase Account and it's a breeze from there. I live in Thailand and flip money easily and cheaply via ACH.

Confusing post. First you say BB is the only way you can ACH from USA to Thailand. That's what I thought to. Then you seem to say you are using a USA based Chase account to ACH to Thailand.

Confusing post. First you say BB is the only way you can ACH from USA to Thailand. That's what I thought to. Then you seem to say you are using a USA based Chase account to ACH to Thailand.

Not really confusing as when he said Only BKB is capable of ACH he meant receiving from the US via BKB NY

Of course you can use Chase as I have used CAP 1 & my credit union to use that ACH system to go through BKB NY

Edited by flying

Wire transfers are surely needed sometimes to get BIG money within a few days; however, there is a faster and cheaper way to cover most of a person's daily/monthly living expenses. Open a home country bank account(s) that provides a no foreign transaction fee debit card with ATM fee reimbursement and get money in hand as soon as it comes out of the ATM with out-of-pocket fees at all on the sending or receiving end. And use an AEON ATM and avoid your bank even having to reimburse any ATM fee. I have two such U.S. Visa debit cards from Schwab Bank and State Farm Bank...each gives me up to $1000 per day ($2,000 combined...that equals approximately 60,000 baht/day if needed)...and the Visa logo debit card exchange rate is plus or minus a few stang of the Thai bank TT Buying Rate which you get for ACH/SWIFT transfers.

Sure beats waiting for your money to show-up via an ACH/SWIFT transfer (weekends/holidays are also no longer a delay factor) and paying the associated sending and/or receiving fee(s). Yeap, this requires opening a bank account that provides a no foreign transaction fee debit card, but there are a good number of banks/credit unions out there that still provide such cards.

I do 30k USD pops on a regular basis via ACH. Last one took 2 days. Weekends are a bit tougher....