What Peaves Do You Put Up With To Live Here

Gone

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you live in Pattaya the whole world thinks you are here just for sex

Because 99% of the single males who live in Pattaya are there for sex.

It is difficult to live in the worlds largest brothel (literally) and claim you're there for the golf and restaurants.

Kudos to those of you who are the 1%.

What I put up with that I don't like...

Noise. I can't escape hammering or some sort of construction.

Roads full of people (many who are drunk) who have no idea how to drive the vehicle they are attempting to operate.

Jumping through hoops for a visa.

Not allowed to own actual land.

Dealing with the locals when I have to purchase / build / install something. The lack of training / care / knowledge is appalling.

Having said all of that, it's still much better than back home. However, I do wish I could own a nice plot of land and have it in my name.

Having to oversee/supervise any work performed on you home: satellite/cable installation, television wall mounting, landscaping, delivery truck loading (so product purchased is one delivered).

How Thai sales clerks ask no questions to ensure your purchasing the correct solution. They simply sell you the closest thing to what you ask for.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I don't like some foreigners like the ones with the newspapers except howard howard is good guy the other two need to be silenced.They are not good and hide behind people obstructing justice lies fraud deceit threats

you know..look at mr i am so reformed now and i lve buddha..what a conman he is

this is what i put up with..how they effect me you say ?

they make my skin crawl they hurt people

you all know it..they report stories of jet ski scams or not ?

no only howard does..feel sorry for howard he has balls but people tell jim shhh

one day the empire will be his when the old fart has drifted away and howard will bring good not bad

Edited by Markland

Sound trucks that not only break the sound barrier but also cause traffic to move at a snails pace

Drivers that jump into the left lane, even though they can see a car / bus/ trucked parked there and then give me some attitude when I don't yield and allow them back in the traffic lane

The whole concept that the size of the vehicle determines who has the right-of-way

I don't like some foreigners like the ones with the newspapers except howard howard is good guy the other two need to be silenced.They are not good and hide behind people obstructing justice lies fraud deceit threats

you know..look at mr i am so reformed now and i lve buddha..what a conman he is

this is what i put up with..how they effect me you say ?

they make my skin crawl they hurt people

you all know it..they report stories of jet ski scams or not ?

no only howard does..feel sorry for howard he has balls but people tell jim shhh

one day the empire will be his when the old fart has drifted away and howard will bring good not bad

Quite a rant violin.gif

Anyway - I agree with the gist of what you are saying and that generally the local English language media - TV, radio and the newspapers (?) - is appalling. Sorry, but I would include HM and his outlets in the same group as the others.

Sound trucks that not only break the sound barrier but also cause traffic to move at a snails pace

Drivers that jump into the left lane, even though they can see a car / bus/ trucked parked there and then give me some attitude when I don't yield and allow them back in the traffic lane

The whole concept that the size of the vehicle determines who has the right-of-way

What I love is the pick-ups that drive around at the speed of a slug normally around rush hour (5:00pm). You know the ones that are advertising Muay Thai etc. and normally there are 2 or 3 in a row. They should be banned from doing that.

In the queue at 7.11 waiting for my turn, and some Thai woman opens the door and manages to get served before me.

In the queue (with crossed legs) at the toilets of a busy Bar/disco and some Thai woman runs in and jumps the queue, runs into the loo and locks the door.

It's just not fair !!!!! Terrible manners.

just a excuse to cry about thau ladies sorry this si what it looks like to me

is it because they are so slim and beautiful ?

In the queue at 7.11 waiting for my turn, and some Thai woman opens the door and manages to get served before me.

In the queue (with crossed legs) at the toilets of a busy Bar/disco and some Thai woman runs in and jumps the queue, runs into the loo and locks the door.

You don't need to be a girl to see this. She has a valid point and yes it is ignorant.

What an undeservedly mean reply to a perfectly understandable and legitimate point.

I foresee banishment in Markland's future. whistling.gif

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

What an undeservedly mean reply to a perfectly understandable and legitimate point.

I foresee banishment in Markland's future. whistling.gif

aside from being a rude response, its a moot point to make as Pattaya girl is slim and beautiful too......

Traffic jam is now so bad so i don't leave my room unless i have no other choice,

i.e i have to go buy food once a week

The traffic is so bad now in central pattaya. due to Central festival center thousands of Thais flock from rayong, satahip, etc etc I enjoy Central F but wish they had planned the location a bit better

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the soi dogs.

I LOVE to walk to the beach from my little place in the country, but when it is cool enough, the soi dogs are out and aggressive. So by the time I get back home the adrenaline is pumping and the peace of the evening swim is gone haha.

The real peeve is that the worst dogs, the ones I have to face down every day, and after facing down have to walk backwards for some time are actually on the grounds of a major tourist condo - (the complex containing wave restaurant off soi 12 na jomtien). Do not the tourists complain about being bitten???

Mind you they are Russians, maybe they bite the dogs and that is why, when the dogs see a kiwi farang, they seek revenge...

You do reaise that 20 secs with your taser (set on low!!) will mean the same almost in years of peace and quiet?

Come on guys, Thai Visa posters and spellers do not qualify as pet peaves as it is simple to just not read TV if it pisses you off. I mean things you put up with that kinda piss you off yet staying here in Pattaya out-weighs them.

Let's try to leave TV out of this.

The reception on Sophon Cable is awful.