Rule Changes

Crossy

Just a quickie.

We have had a forum rule change today. I have no issues with the changes and in fact am surprised that the latest verboten subject lasted as long as it did.

BUT

I am surprised that there has been no forum wide broadcast that new rules are in force and that people need to be aware of them.

Maybe a red flashy thingy would be an idea also indicating what particular part of the rules have been amended.

Of course I could have missed it, getting old here :o

Edited by Crossy

What is wrong with File sharing?

It is the fact that too many people associate file share with sharing copyrite material the makes things like Bit Torrent get a bad name. As a programmer I often file share and use bit torrent as an efficient means of legally distributing programs and other files.

Don't worry I do understand the change but do get annoyed that something is banned because it "can" be used for illegal purposes.

What is wrong with File sharing?

It is the fact that too many people associate file share with sharing copyrite material the makes things like Bit Torrent get a bad name. As a programmer I often file share and use bit torrent as an efficient means of legally distributing programs and other files.

Don't worry I do understand the change but do get annoyed that something is banned because it "can" be used for illegal purposes.

Prevention is always better than the cure briley. :o