Thailand Grand Prix Being Considered For 2014 Or 2015

Lite Beer

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Temporary importation of the cars, work permits for drivers & pit crew queuing at immigration for hrs inward and outward, paper work and logistics would make it almost impossible to have a GP in Thailand, and also to many deep pockets in Thailand to fill before something like a GP could be held.

This took place prior to the first Indian GP. F1 and the teams failed to account for the bureaucratic nightmare that is Indian immigration and the whole affair was in jeopardy just days before the event. It was all sorted at the 11th hour and the race went off as scheduled. Plus, F1 was the resources to grease any palms required to make it happen.

Well if it does happen, I will be there for sure. I don't know how Swampy will handle the influx of people from all over the world as F1 has a big following. Imagine the CASH that will flow into the country. Malaysia jumps when the F1 and the MotoGP come to town.

This will never happen. What driver is going to want to come here and drive a race in 95 degree humid weather? Especially when there are already 2 other races here in SE Asia. This is one of those projects that all Thai agencies involved are bound to f__k up so don't hold your breath. That said I would love to see it happen!

Drivers do not need to come here, Thailand has got the bestest and fastest drivers in the world, ask anyone. The teams could save thousands of Bht by not bringing their drivers. I am sure that they could find plenty of mini bus drivers who would do it for a couple of thousand Bht. Only one thing, the circuit would have to have plenty of escape gates so that the crashed drivers could run away.

A strong man can push anything, so Dr,Mahatir Mohammed, than Prime Minister of Malaysia saw a Life F1 performance in Estoril in Portugal and thought that would be a good idea for the pride of Malaysia.

And without big delays and problems a superb Race circuit used for F1 and MotoGp Motorbike races was built.

I was many times at the Sepang Malaysian circuit and watched MotoGp, the crowds get every year bigger!

The circuit, from German Tilke group perfectly designed Is a huge Advertiser for Malaysia in the world.

The strong man, who can pull everything off, if he likes, will be back soon!coffee1.gif

When i was there last year, the general census was that Sepang's days were numbered and that there would be only two or three more.

Happy for them to take the Australian one if they want it.

Melbourne has largely been put on the map as a result of the GP, who ever had heard of Melbourne before the GP? And when it loses it it will return to obscurity, where it belongs.

They held one of the worlds most successful Olympic Games, but that was probably before you were born.

Known for ever more as "The Friendly Games"

Gosh I know this will get comments but what a waste of fuel both for the cars and for all the airplane flights with passengers. If you worry about global warming we need to stop lots of this kind of thing which just adds to the problem.

COMMENT as predicted !

Who worries about global warming apart from the half mad greenies. Its a cycle which has been going on for millions of years.

• Like 1

Gosh I know this will get comments but what a waste of fuel both for the cars and for all the airplane flights with passengers. If you worry about global warming we need to stop lots of this kind of thing which just adds to the problem.

What about all those pesky tourist who keep traveling to Thailand for holiday? F1 charters a total of 3 747's that flies the whole circus around the planet for non-European races. Seems like you are protesting about the wrong group. Perhaps the tourists should curtail their trips for the good for the planet as they use 1000 times to resources. crazy.gif

I bet he rides his bike everywhere.clap2.gif

• Like 1

This will never happen. What driver is going to want to come here and drive a race in 95 degree humid weather? Especially when there are already 2 other races here in SE Asia. This is one of those projects that all Thai agencies involved are bound to f__k up so don't hold your breath. That said I would love to see it happen!

You answered your own question!

Well, they race and drive at Sepang, with a humidity far worse than here.

• Like 1

This is nothing more than a little trolling by the powers that be for some positive press about the country that they so desperately need after recent events.

It will never happen for serveral reasons.

The Red Bull man is the only person who could convince Ecclestone to actually go through with it, he's a business man and will have no intention of footing the huge loss that the whole circus would be.

The Thai govn't aren't going to pay for it, what use would they have for a track and how many Thai's can actually afford to pay the massive amounts that the tickets cost.

Unless Mr Red Bull see's this as a billion $ advertising campain over 3 or so years it will not happen.

A strong man can push anything, so Dr,Mahatir Mohammed, than Prime Minister of Malaysia saw a Life F1 performance in Estoril in Portugal and thought that would be a good idea for the pride of Malaysia.

And without big delays and problems a superb Race circuit used for F1 and MotoGp Motorbike races was built.

I was many times at the Sepang Malaysian circuit and watched MotoGp, the crowds get every year bigger!

The circuit, from German Tilke group perfectly designed Is a huge Advertiser for Malaysia in the world.

The strong man, who can pull everything off, if he likes, will be back soon!coffee1.gif

When i was there last year, the general census was that Sepang's days were numbered and that there would be only two or three more.

For F1 a possibility that the days are numbered, that would make it even more interesting to make a Circuit in TH.cowboy.gif

The MotoGP so, I understand, like to have that venue in Sepang to hold their Winter Tests there, convinient for the MotoGP.

Should stay in the calender for the Motobikes, could also switch than to TH later and more funny nights for crewsand drivers in TH also!giggle.gif

Anyway, I like the Motorbike races more and was 7 times in Sepang but never at a F1GP! Only MotoGP!clap2.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

The Red Bull man is the only person who could convince Ecclestone to actually go through with it, he's a business man and will have no intention of footing the huge loss that the whole circus would be.

The Thai govn't aren't going to pay for it, what use would they have for a track and how many Thai's can actually afford to pay the massive amounts that the tickets cost.

The ticket prices in Sepang-Malaysia are one of the cheapest in the MotoGP and FI circus. MotoGP about 800 Baht for a two day Pass inside the Grand stand (Outside in the green, only 300 ?) Baht can look start! Friday looking free.

F1 is much higher, sure, Better tickets 4-8000 Bahton numbered seats in Grandstand, better places higher, but outside in the green still only around 1000-1500 Bath.

If Thaksin is interested in F1 or advertising same Dr.Mahatir than Prime minister in Malyasia was, it would happen, without a problem.

Such Racing circuits are used and rent whole year from different Car and Motorcyle clubs and groups, incentives. Nearly never a day off without activity!

I might be wrong, but I don't think track sales are the prime concern for the F1 franchise. The event is underwritten locally, Ecclestone gets his money from TV sales. Thailands timezone is the biggest thing going against it.

The ticket prices in Sepang-Malaysia are one of the cheapest in the MotoGP and FI circus. MotoGP about 800 Baht for a two day Pass inside the Grand stand (Outside in the green, only 300 ?) Baht can look start! Friday looking free.

F1 is much higher, sure, Better tickets 4-8000 Bahton numbered seats in Grandstand, better places higher, but outside in the green still only around 1000-1500 Bath.

If Thaksin is interested in F1 or advertising same Dr.Mahatir than Prime minister in Malyasia was, it would happen, without a problem.

Such Racing circuits are used and rent whole year from different Car and Motorcyle clubs and groups, incentives. Nearly never a day off without activity!

Try 6000-20'000, and the grandstand was only 20% full in a lot of places this year, maybe upto 70% in the more popular parts. It's dieing a slow death in Malaysia and won't be there much longer.

F1 will not happen in Thailand any time in the near future, the same as Disney Land won't. It quite simply doesn't make economic sense for anyone involved.

One of the big drawbacks against Sepang is the distance from KL City, with no rail access, just busses and taxi's.

The people i was talking with are mostly Brit ex-pats working and living the area. They all belonged to the Sepang Go Cart club and were not too happy with the distance from KL. They were saying that use of the track was tailing off to the point of getting run down. Yes it is a very cheap F1 venue, in fact the cheapest. But at that time, the humidity is horrendous, must be almost 100% and when it rains, its just a tropical downpour, as we all know, not good for F1 at all.