Tail Pack For Honda Cbr250R

TylerBKK

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a reasonably priced and well fitting tail pack which can be purchased locally that would affix well to the back seat of a Honda CBR250R and fit onto the bike nicely?

I have a regular mid sized duffle bag which I strap down with 4 bunji straps to the back seat when I travel and the bag hold quite alot of stuff. What I don't like about this setup is that it is not designed for a bike and it slides forward at times and presses against my back either when I brake hard or go over bumps. It also sticks out on the sides which I am not so keen on as I am sure it adds drag when I ride. The good thing is the bag is pretty low profile so it doesn't stick very high, but what I would prefer is a narrower pack which offers good space but is taller/thicker and sits higher up behind me rather than something low profile and wide that is sticking out on the sides.

The problem with most of the packs I have seen don't really hold that much stuff and so they wouldn't help me much. I know people also sometimes split their stuff between a tank bag and a tail pack to break the stuff up and end up with more total storage space and utilize smaller bags that way.

But honestly I don't really like the idea of anything on the tank getting in my way when I lean forward. So ideally one big tail pack would be best for me and no tank bag at all.

I have seen some packs in that shop in China Town on Ratchawongse Road next to Bangkok Bank that sells a lot of gray market branded clothing and bag gear and some Chinese made knock offs. Their prices are generally good and the quality of their stuff quite decent some of it and I picked up a really nice quality and styled Nerve brand riding jacket there a while ago which is excellent quality and a great value for 2,000 Baht. But most of their tail bags looked chincy to me at first glance so I didn't delve any deeper into them.

Any ideas and or guidance for a tail pack that would hold enough stuff for a 10-14 day interprovincial road trip would be much appreciated. That's basically what I am looking for. Waterproof or at least water resistant fabric would obviously be great too.

Cheers for any info and or links showing designs, models and size specifications.

Prices are good at Panda. Looks good:

http://www.pandaride...duct_Kriega.htm

The prices are good at Panda and you can get 10% discount on their advertised prices if you ask. I have the Kriega US 20 model which is good for weekend trips and fits on my 650R nicely. Being a dry bag it also doubled up as a camera and phone carrier while I was wading through flood waters, very handy.

Thanks Gippy. Do you think it would fit on a CBR250R? I guess hard for you to say. Best thing I think is probably just bring the bike over there and stick it on and see how it fits. If the 20 fits then i'm sure I can stack a 10 on top of it for extra space.

Wondering of I could just strap another 20 on top of the 20 too if I wanted even more space. Don't see why not.

How does it fasten to the bike exactly?

Cheers...

I just spoke on the phone to the woman at Panda. She said it fastens to the removable back seat. Seems like a great solution and should be able to put it onto my CBR250. Can stack a model US20 with a US10 on top for added storage. Could even run a bunji or two over the whole bundle of two packs if I wanted to be sure it doesn't move.

She said members get a 10% discount but that to become a member you need to purchase 2,000 Baht of products from them first. So I guess no discount on your first purchase.

I had a look at those Kriega bags at Panda. Sadly they are too small to be of any use to me and they seemed like a lot of money for such a small bag. The 20 liter still seemed like just barely an overnight bag. When I go away for a week or two I need to be able to pack along more stuff. I guess I will stick with my duffel bag and bunji setup until I find something better.

Any other brands worth looking at? I will be in states later in the year and could have a look there if anyone thinks there is anything else thee worth looking at.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you need to learn how to pack. ;)

20 liter dive bag holds everything I need for a weeklong tour-

122809Ride8ZmSSR.jpg

Add a tank bag if I'm carrying my laptop-

389629_10151454506415710_508210709_23741799_475138428_n.jpg

Remember you're in Thailand- you can get your laundry done cheap just about anywhere and buy anything else you need along the way.

Ride On!

T