Songkran Terror Watch -- Dates And Reports

Jingthing

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For just a few days once a year. I honestly don't see why people hate it so much. I have a great time and I love seeing so many people having fun. Especially the Thais. It's a few days when all those poor working girls can let their hair down and just have fun.

Yes, there are plenty of wanke_rs. But that's Pattaya.

Last year I spent it in Chang Mai and previous years to that I'd spend the afternoon in Soi 7 and 8. I'm not a thrower, but have a ball watching. Got my waterproof pouch around my neck for my fags, phone, cash and lighter.

I respect and understand those who don't like it. But as I say, for a few lousy days once a year. It's just nice to hear laughter and people having fun.

Surely you're not serious? Have you ever been to Pattaya? There's laughter and fun all year around - it's a tourist a resort.

"It's a few days when all those poor working girls can let their hair down and just have fun".

Hahaha....that's one of the silliest lines I've heard in a long while. The girls have fun and let their hair down every day.

those poor working girls who are making 1-3 thousand baht daily ?

For just a few days once a year. I honestly don't see why people hate it so much. I have a great time and I love seeing so many people having fun. Especially the Thais. It's a few days when all those poor working girls can let their hair down and just have fun.

Last year I spent it in Chang Mai and previous years to that I'd spend the afternoon in Soi 7 and 8. I'm not a thrower, but have a ball watching. Got my waterproof pouch around my neck for my fags, phone, cash and lighter.

I respect and understand those who don't like it. But as I say, for a few lousy days once a year. It's just nice to hear laughter and people having fun.

"It's a few days when all those poor working girls can let their hair down and just have fun"

If not now then surely you might come to regret saying that bit.

Have to agree on your general point. Its only a few days of the year and if someone doesn't like it then just stay indoors. I personally like to go out in it and get involved for one or two days then that's enough for me.

Went out today and someone had even started on Soi Buakhao. Soi Honey was a no go and even saw a bit up Soi Lengkee at one point.

Edited by rinteln

Traffic on Thappraya Rd. has started tracking water trails up from Jomtien Beach Rd. I hopped a baht-bus with water-soaked seats. Fortunately, only had to go a short distance.

So the insanity and mayhem has begun in Jomtien.

Oh, the HORROR!

post-37101-0-53066200-1334238270_thumb.g

Surely you're not serious? Have you ever been to Pattaya? There's laughter and fun all year around - it's a tourist a resort.

"It's a few days when all those poor working girls can let their hair down and just have fun".

Hahaha....that's one of the silliest lines I've heard in a long while. The girls have fun and let their hair down every day.

Mate I've lived in Thailand for 10 years. 5 of them in Pattaya.

And sorry, but what your saying is absolute rubbish. If you think bar girls and go go dancers enjoy what they do. You are delusional. They can be very convincing and appear to be happy. But anyone that's spent a few years here knows this is not the case. Yes, there are some hardcore girls who know nothing different. But the overwhelming majority do not.

Are you all getting scared ??

no im preparing my gun

Me too....just today I had to pull one of last years pump actions apart...cut the plastic away...pull out the plunger and reseal it with plumbing glue....works a treat again now.

Ooooh, Sounds wicked--until we remember you're just driving around w/ your windows rolled up, lol. Big bad Songkraner!

It's SO nice to be in Vietnam away from all the Songkran idiots. Last night . . . heh, can't talk about that here . . . .

BTW, the airport was mobbed. Ironically, Immigration and security were quite fast. It's the lines at the checkout counters! Incredible. Hint: if you use AirAsia's online check in, and you just want to drop off your bag, and you find the drop off lines are way too overcrowded, you'll find the regular check in lines shorter and much faster--and you can use them too.

i dont mind from now on because i wil use the pick up truck but for people who have to go to work every day its 10 days of arriving soaked, thats Thai people facing a 10-12 hour shift. so you would not, i think like turning upto work soaked for 10 days where you worked i dont think. All the hotel and restuarant staff have 10 days off water being blasted into there eyes, many will have motor bike accidents as a result. this time next week the bit of fun will have cost 300 lives and 20,000 badly injured people. 2-3 day is enough, or certain sois so those who want to can. but people who have to work in it day in day out it aint fun, the peolpe laughing are no brain hookers and like minded or should i say no minds, farangs. The vast majority are not laughing. bangkok hospital may have smile on there faces.

Anyway i am off to play songkran now down soi 7 in my pick up truck.

Hmmm. Ever heard of a change of clothes. One thing I love about Thais is how industrious they are, and I'm sure they'd have a solution to wet clothes. I have run several businesses in Thailand and my staff have always looked forward to Songkran. I agree that Pattaya is extreme and Farangs have kidnapped it. But other than those annoying farangs and the blocks of ice. I still have fun.

Are you all getting scared ??

no im preparing my gun

Me too....just today I had to pull one of last years pump actions apart...cut the plastic away...pull out the plunger and reseal it with plumbing glue....works a treat again now.

Ooooh, Sounds wicked--until we remember you're just driving around w/ your windows rolled up, lol. Big bad Songkraner!

So you left town......like nobody noticed......dont rush back now.

I almost got a drenching yesterday at 2pm ish in Soi Bukow and I also heard they were 'playing' on the Beach Road'.

Time to go to Friendship and stock up until the 20th.

I'm on Thappraya at the moment with no visible signs, yet.

A good opportunity to decorate the condo I think :)

Stay safe from the rancid river water.

I remember previous years of the reports of the colour of water people use to drench - arhhhhhhhhhh!

Got a drenching at the top end of soi 6 at 8.00pm last night, had just got off a bike taxi heading for a night out, just got on another bike and went back home, it was a bunch of tattooed dead heads acting like 12 year olds, I suppose I should have known better really. Ah well, next day out will be the 20th I guess.

Got a drenching at the top end of soi 6 at 8.00pm last night, had just got off a bike taxi heading for a night out, just got on another bike and went back home, it was a bunch of tattooed dead heads acting like 12 year olds, I suppose I should have known better really. Ah well, next day out will be the 20th I guess.

Aye you went out at the wrong time I think Scotty.

I find it OK early in the morning although last year I remember going for breakfast at 7am and almost getting drenched by a load of what looked like Iranian lads at the start of the second road near Soi Diamond.

For just a few days once a year. I honestly don't see why people hate it so much.

Oh, enlighten yourself:

Songkran FAQ

The notion that bargirls need a special week to "let their hair down" (in addition to their panties), in the strict, formal, highly stressful atmosphere of the Pattaya beer bar, gets the award for most laughable post of the day. :)

• Like 2

Let's see if we can make her crash her motorbike . . .

post-53404-0-90811200-1334294521_thumb.j

And these ones aren't even that powerful, what would have happened if she got hit with water coming from one of those PVC pipe canon things. Major Disaster.

And these ones aren't even that powerful, what would have happened if she got hit with water coming from one of those PVC pipe canon things. Major Disaster.

This is why the morons aim for the eyes, hoping to cause a crash. I have seen them in Soi Buakhow, whooping and hollering, giving each other high fives when this happens. The policeman on the newsclippings thread had the right idea!

This is why the morons aim for the eyes, hoping to cause a crash. I have seen them in Soi Buakhow, whooping and hollering, giving each other high fives when this happens. The policeman on the newsclippings thread had the right idea!

What !!!!!!!!!!!

People are actually cheering and clapping when they caused a crash ???? There are no descent words that can describe this kind of behavior.

As one poster described it : The respect is gone. or mentioning a song by The Black Eyed Peas, "Where is the Love ??"

Mate I've lived in Thailand for 10 years. 5 of them in Pattaya.

And sorry, but what your saying is absolute rubbish. If you think bar girls and go go dancers enjoy what they do. You are delusional.

It's a bit off topic, but I believe you're the delusional one here. It's incredible that you don't know what's going on after 5 years in Pattaya. Some people are blind to reality.

Anyway - back to the latest reports on Songkran.

For just a few days once a year. I honestly don't see why people hate it so much.

Oh, enlighten yourself:

Songkran FAQ

The notion that bargirls need a special week to "let their hair down" (in addition to their panties), in the strict, formal, highly stressful atmosphere of the Pattaya beer bar, gets the award for most laughable post of the day. smile.png

It's hard to believe that comes from a guy who claims he's lived here for 5 years. You'd think he just got of the plane.

Straight to the side of the head so that the water can be forced down her ear canal.

Bet it was from Soi 6 Corner Bar ...I wouldn't expect anything else!!

Wonder if he answers to the name Richard Head?

Looks quit a bully, wonder how he would feel if he was in a car and someone pulled the car door open and turned a fire hose on him?