Jingthing

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A great day.....water everywhere.

I'm afraid that's just flat out wrong. There was water, but only in select places.

Not talking about your day....talking about mine and having a great time in the middle of all the water..

Thappraya road report.

There is a Thai guy with a hose pipe outside the Axis new condos place and two on the other side, one out the front of a place named Ashram (don't know what that is) and one further up the road outside a new estate agents.

They were not there this morning around 9am but they were after 5pm.

I tried to go out at 7pm tonight (in the car with locked doors) to go to Friendship to stock up but had to turn back as the traffic on the 3rd road was backed up past the fly-over.

Arhhhhhhh!

It's impossible to go along Pratumnak Road (adjacent to Walking Street) without getting drenched. They were still hard at it at 6:30pm. There's also quite a few trucks packed with Thais and water drums doing the rounds.

Soi 6 was still going strong at 7 last night even tho water throwing is supposed to stop at 6. second road was still throwing at 10 last night everyone of them asian farang. Perhaps they have finally discovered the art of bathing.!dry.png

I'm in the car today and taking no chances.

Homepro and Friendship this morning then cabined up until the 20th me thinks.

Going out in the afternoon is simply pointless due to the traffic/chaos.

And relax. :)

This year seems to be worse than ever: starting earlier in the day and going on for longer in the evening, plus water throwers turning-up in some odd places i.e. the quiet Rd between the Avenue and Soi Bukhao, plus this morning about 2/3rds down Soi 13/2 ???

I can't even get into some of my favourite day-time drinking bars, such as the nice open-air places at the bottom of Soi 8.

I was out and about yesterday evening on 2nd and Beach Rd and people were still going strong at 8-9 pm and throwing powder and talc over people in some of the Simon complex bars on WS.

Still most people seem to be smiling drunk.gif

Only another 6 days to go violin.gif

and death toll only at 114 not counting today, great, you must have been extatic at the prospect of another tusnami. anyway get out and do your bit in the truck, plenty more motor bike riders to go for.w00t.gif

and death toll only at 114 not counting today, great, you must have been extatic at the prospect of another tusnami. anyway get out and do your bit in the truck, plenty more motor bike riders to go for.w00t.gif

Do you ride a motorbike ??

I do. I need to get to the gym which is in the heart of the action (The Avenue). Soi Buakhao was crazy today. Being so narrow you cannot avoid it. You take it left and right. Water canons, buckets, ice - the works - it never stops for about 500m heading in the direction of Pattaya Tai. You'd think by 5:30 pm they'd be getting bored with throwing water at motorcycles but they never do.

Getting water in the ears is the main problem for me as you're always being attacked from the side ---- must get down to the pharmacy and buy some ear plugs.

I use my monsoon-proof poncho to get to the gym dry then take a well deserved shower on the way home. The show much go on....

Edited by tropo

I do. I need to get to the gym which is in the heart of the action (The Avenue). Soi Buakhao was crazy today. Being so narrow you cannot avoid it. You take it left and right. Water canons, buckets, ice - the works - it never stops for about 500m heading in the direction of Pattaya Tai. You'd think by 5:30 pm they'd be getting bored with throwing water at motorcycles but they never do.

Getting water in the ears is the main problem for me as you're always being attacked from the side ---- must get down to the pharmacy and buy some ear plugs.

I use my monsoon-proof poncho to get to the gym dry then take a well deserved shower on the way home. The show much go on....

Arh, I'm a regular in Cafe Pitinis and miss the service and food.

Roll on the 20th!!!!

At least the condo looks brand new with its new paint scheme hahaha.

I was on a small soi yesterday at 8 pm. There was a man in front of his shop squirting people as they passed by. No other water throwing was going on in the area that I could see. You could see the people he was squirting were annoyed as many of them were not wet and had thought it was safe to venture out. At one point, traffic got thick and a completely dry guy was stopped in front of the store on his motorbike. The shop guy squirted him in the face. The motorbike guy told the shop guy that was not polite--the shop guy responded by squirting him again, more forcefully. Motorbike guy just shook his head drove off.

Up until this point I have presented this as facts only, leaving my opinions out of it. My opinion: I have to admit I would not have faulted motorbike guy if he had reacted more strongly.

Edited by Jimmyd

I was on a small soi yesterday at 8 pm. There was a man in front of his shop squirting people as they passed by. No other water throwing was going on in the area that I could see. You could see the people he was squirting were annoyed as many of them were not wet and had thought it was safe to venture out. At one point, traffic got thick and a completely dry guy was stopped in front of the store on his motorbike. The shop guy squirted him in the face. The motorbike guy told the shop guy that was not polite--the shop guy responded by squirting him again, more forcefully. Motorbike guy just shook his head drove off.

Up until this point I have presented this as facts only, leaving my opinions out of it. My opinion: I have to admit I would not have faulted motorbike guy if he had reacted more strongly.

As an addition, I have noticed more rescue sirens around Pattaya and the amount of parked coaches.

Par for the course at this time of year.

Hope the 'death toll' isn't as bad as previous years.

Happy New Year to all.

Health, wealth and happiness (in that order hehehe).

I'll be returning to Pattaya tomorrow around four PM, how is the traffic situation in Sukhumvit between the ramp from road #7 and klang ? Is it drivable or must I find another route ?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I left Central Pattaya yesterday at 4 pm and once you get away from 2nd Rd there is very little going-on. On 3rd Rd, Pattaya Klang and then onto Sukh and the road to BKK it was almost normal with only the heavy traffic thats normal for the week-ends.

I'll be returning to Pattaya tomorrow around four PM, how is the traffic situation in Sukhumvit between the ramp from road #7 and klang ? Is it drivable or must I find another route ?

I think it will be oke (but no guarantees). The major "playing" days are the 18th and 19th, on these 2 days all bets are off.

Note:

Which other route could you drive to reach Pattaya Klang ?

You could (coming from the #7) instead of turning left onto Sukumvit, you could turn right (towards North Pattaya) and take the first Soi. (which is Sukhumvit 32) If you drive straight one, this Soi will take you to Soi Yumee, Soi Yumee is the Soi which passes Carrefour BIG C Extra.

Good Luck

:jap:

prefer to but since i got a face full of water on it on the 11th back in the truck so answer is yes mostly, when people are not trying to make me come off it, now only aournd where its safe. But using the truck now in pattaya, more fun with those big wing mirrors.

I think it will be oke (but no guarantees). The major "playing" days are the 18th and 19th, on these 2 days all bets are off.

Note:

You could (coming from the #7) instead of turning left onto Sukumvit, you could turn right (towards North Pattaya) and take the first Soi. (which is Sukhumvit 32) If you drive straight one, this Soi will take you to Soi Yumee, Soi Yumee is the Soi which passes Carrefour BIG C Extra.

Good Luck

jap.gif

Note:

Good Luck

jap.gif

if you come down #7 get off at the by pass where the railways is, go down to soi country club junction turn tight and come out near klang

if you come down #7 get off at the by pass where the railways is, go down to soi country club junction turn tight and come out near klang

Yep, it's the last exit before Sukhumvit.

When you come from BKK, just keep watching for the giant Condo advertising panel, with an idiotically grinning Jimmy White, and after a few hundred meters, you will see the exit.

Turn left and the next junction is Soi Siam, where you turn right.

Some off topic posts removed discussing how much we enjoy Songkran or not as the case may be,

The topic is:

Songkran Terror Watch -- Dates And Reports

Post your comments about what a good time you are having or not and such on the Songkran discussion thread please, not on here as this thread serves as a useful focal point for people who do not wish to participate in the festivities

Got back here an hour ago, took the 304-311-SCC route anyway since road #2 after Korat towards BKK showed a bit of traffic. Sukhumvit was totally deserted, it's quite seldom I see so few cars driving there. Explanation from missus was that the Isaan people are still back at home for the Songkran visit and will return later with a vengeance for the main event. Only saw three groups of kids throwing water with small buckets along SCC.