Songkran Terror Watch -- Dates And Reports

Jingthing

I still can't find a way to get home to Jomtien on the morning of the 19th Bell Bus will not run & I just got this from Mr T :

มานิตย์ ปานขาว [email protected]

5:48 PM (54 minutes ago)

to me

Hi,

Sorry not available on 19th April sir

Its songkran day's in Pattaya.

Regards,

Mr.T

I'm not sure about the regular bus (would have to be the 11am if it runs) or if a taxi from the rank will take me.

Also tried VIP Limo service , no reply,,,,,,,,,,

Surely I can get down Sukumvit & Tepprrasit if I leave the airport at 09:30 AM ???

I really do not want to stay IN BKK ,,,,,, any ideas ?

Have you tried this lot? contact them and find out if they are running on that day, straight to Jomtien if they are.

http://www.airportpattayabus.com/

Thanks , I tried to email as they do not have a service phone number.Seems their email server is no good ?

405 - HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.

The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access.

I will check before giving up , usually when I get to the desk the 10am bus is full & only the 11am available,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please be informed that on April 19, 2012,

Bell Travel Service in Pattaya will notprovide

a pick-up or drop-off services

between Bell Office and hotels in Pattaya

due to Songkran Festival in Pattaya city.

A service between Pattaya and Airport and Bangkok city will remain the same.

Passengers will have to manage your own transportation from Pattaya Bell office to your hotel and from your hotel to Pattaya Bell office.

The traffic will be quite jam and our bus may be late so we ask you to plan your trip earlier than usual. We will not be responsible for any delay or late for your trip.

We are sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your kind corporation.

Bell Travel Service Team

Above from the Bell website. So it seems that they will take me to Pattaya but then I will be in Pattaya Nua North at the bus station at about 12:30 with no transfer to Jomtien,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by stailmanki

My perspective is living in a high action area with no car and no bike. I didn't mean to suggest that there wouldn't be stock in grocery stores, although I wouldn't be surprised to see some items depleted. I was more talking about stocking up for your own good so you can reduce the need to go out for shopping during the so called festival. Obviously everyone's situation is different based on locality and transport options.

I agree and any "specialty" items that I can only get at Foodland I will definetly be stocking up on before the 15th. You are right, it's not from lack of stock, it's from not wanting to go there.

Please be informed that on April 19, 2012,

Bell Travel Service in Pattaya will notprovide

a pick-up or drop-off services

between Bell Office and hotels in Pattaya

due to Songkran Festival in Pattaya city.

A service between Pattaya and Airport and Bangkok city will remain the same.

Passengers will have to manage your own transportation from Pattaya Bell office to your hotel and from your hotel to Pattaya Bell office.

The traffic will be quite jam and our bus may be late so we ask you to plan your trip earlier than usual. We will not be responsible for any delay or late for your trip.

We are sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your kind corporation.

Bell Travel Service Team

Above from the Bell website. So it seems that they will take me to Pattaya but then I will be in Pattaya Nua North at the bus station at about 12:30 with no transfer to Jomtien,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Don't worry,if you're at the Nua busstation at 12.30 you will make it to jomtien before 5 Pm,soaked your luggage ruined and tired in the legs since you will have walked all the way as there is no taxi that will take you that day.

Better to have a dry day and night in Bangkok.

One problem is that some people are looking to piss as many people off as possible and waiting until the "official" dates makes that more difficult as by then people are dressed in swimming suits or barricaded at home. The most effective way to get a reaction is dumping a bucket of water on someone who thinks that they are safe for another day or two.

thailand-songkran-festival-2009-water-fight.jpg

A few years ago, two days before "official" Songkran in Bangkok, I was in a suit heading to an important event. Needless to say, I was blasted by a giant water gun. Ruined my day. It's not like I have a closet full of suits in Thailand. If had a real gun at the time, I do believe I would have shot them in the leg.

• Like 1

If memory serves me correct, dosnt it spread down to Bang Saray and Sattahip till 22nd.....Im getting out on 10th for 12 days..just to be safe.....wouldnt it be great if it bucketed down with rain for a week 24/7 over songran

If memory serves me correct, dosnt it spread down to Bang Saray and Sattahip till 22nd.....Im getting out on 10th for 12 days..just to be safe.....wouldnt it be great if it bucketed down with rain for a week 24/7 over songran

yeah...wouldn't have to buy so much water each time...

Well, today's the 11th. On your marks ...

Here's a fresh Pattaya Songkran date kerfuffle from THE NATION:

PATTAYA

Pattaya folk celebrate Songkran a week later though you can still expect to get wet over the next three days. On April 20, Pattaya beach road will be closed to pave the way for the Buddha procession. Afterwards, young people go gunning for fun armed with double-barrel water cannons and buckets, ensuring the beach town gets totally soaked. Among the more courageous "roadside warriors" are the transvestites who turn up in super-tight T-shirts clamouring for more water.

The big day is the 19th, correct? Not the 20th. It's a large enough string of potential soaking days without adding another one, yes?

I can see everyone is getting excited about being locked inside for a week or so. giggle.gif

Not for me. I live 50 yards from the pub drunk.gifpartytime2.gif

Although the idiots will stop me from venturing out to my beloved sex n drugs n rock & roll down off beach road for a few days mad.gif

OK, let me be the first to pass on the first water war report on the 2012 Songrkan Terror Season of Pain. EARLY action, folks. You heard it here first.

Soi 7 from Second Rd. to Beach Rd.

It starts in the bar sois. Surely Beach Road, 2nd, and more SOON to follow.

OK, let me be the first to pass on the first water war report on the 2012 Songrkan Terror Season of Pain. EARLY action, folks. You heard it here first.

already ?

Are you all getting scared ??

no im preparing my gun

Me too....just today I had to pull one of last years pump actions apart...cut the plastic away...pull out the plunger and reseal it with plumbing glue....works a treat again now.

Are you all getting scared ??

no im preparing my gun

Me too....just today I had to pull one of last years pump actions apart...cut the plastic away...pull out the plunger and reseal it with plumbing glue....works a treat again now.

i had to buy a new one my last one suffered through 6 years i needed a upgrade.still will be brining the old one.2 strapped around my shoulders..water refils prepaired in motorbike

Why doesn't this surprise me one bit. Thanks for reporting JT

And the winner is............................

I suggest the mods give the OP a free 10.000 post count,so he can refrain from opening silly threads with silly questions.

For ages songkran has started on the 11th in the afternoon here in Pattaya, since the 12th is the official start date for Thailand, so why it should be different this year.

Edited by pipo1000

A bit of action late afternoon near MacDonalds at the Avenue on 2nd Road.

got drenched in soi 7 today well this afternoon, never really noticed until it was to late, never expected it this early, phone and i pod drenched, think revisit tomorrow in the truck. 2 days to early bar girls and no brain farangs, who between them would never be able to explain what songkran is all about. and of course eyes were main target as i was on the bike. anybody that blasts people in the eyes with a pump gun on a motor bike is a brain dead moron.

thankfully the tourist trade is changing and i doubt the new influx of tourist will take to it to well.

• Like 2

got drenched in soi 7 today well this afternoon, never really noticed until it was to late, never expected it this early, phone and i pod drenched, think revisit tomorrow in the truck. 2 days to early bar girls and no brain farangs, who between them would never be able to explain what songkran is all about. and of course eyes were main target as i was on the bike. anybody that blasts people in the eyes with a pump gun on a motor bike is a brain dead moron.

thankfully the tourist trade is changing and i doubt the new influx of tourist will take to it to well.

Every year there's an early start on April 11. Jingthing thinks there's no historical date to rely on, but since I've been here it has always started on 11 in some areas. Expect far worse tomorrow (12).

For just a few days once a year. I honestly don't see why people hate it so much. I have a great time and I love seeing so many people having fun. Especially the Thais. It's a few days when all those poor working girls can let their hair down and just have fun.

Yes, there are plenty of wanke_rs. But that's Pattaya.

Last year I spent it in Chang Mai and previous years to that I'd spend the afternoon in Soi 7 and 8. I'm not a thrower, but have a ball watching. Got my waterproof pouch around my neck for my fags, phone, cash and lighter.

I respect and understand those who don't like it. But as I say, for a few lousy days once a year. It's just nice to hear laughter and people having fun.

• Like 2

For just a few days once a year. I honestly don't see why people hate it so much. I have a great time and I love seeing so many people having fun. Especially the Thais. It's a few days when all those poor working girls can let their hair down and just have fun.

Yes, there are plenty of wanke_rs. But that's Pattaya.

Last year I spent it in Chang Mai and previous years to that I'd spend the afternoon in Soi 7 and 8. I'm not a thrower, but have a ball watching. Got my waterproof pouch around my neck for my fags, phone, cash and lighter.

I respect and understand those who don't like it. But as I say, for a few lousy days once a year. It's just nice to hear laughter and people having fun.

i dont mind from now on because i wil use the pick up truck but for people who have to go to work every day its 10 days of arriving soaked, thats Thai people facing a 10-12 hour shift. so you would not, i think like turning upto work soaked for 10 days where you worked i dont think. All the hotel and restuarant staff have 10 days off water being blasted into there eyes, many will have motor bike accidents as a result. this time next week the bit of fun will have cost 300 lives and 20,000 badly injured people. 2-3 day is enough, or certain sois so those who want to can. but people who have to work in it day in day out it aint fun, the peolpe laughing are no brain hookers and like minded or should i say no minds, farangs. The vast majority are not laughing. bangkok hospital may have smile on there faces.

Anyway i am off to play songkran now down soi 7 in my pick up truck.

• Like 2