Red Shirts Offer Well Wishes To Thaksin During Songkran Festival In Nong Khai Province

webfact

Red Shirts to Welcome Thaksin during the Songkran Festival

NONG KHAI: -- Red-shirt leaders within 20 northeastern provinces plan to assemble in Nong Khai province to express their well wishes to the deposed prime minister.

Red-shirt leaders within 20 northeastern provinces convened a meeting yesterday at the Nong Khai administration organization office, saying that the group will hold a gathering to express encouragement to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

The event was planned to be held in Nong Khai Province at the local administration organization's sporting field at noon on April 11 to 12 at 6 a.m.

There would be various activities, including public speeches given by their key figures and musical performances.

Moreover, red-shirt supporters will meet Thaksin in Laos's capital of Vientiane, on April 12 to conduct a bathing ceremony on the occasion of the Songkran Festival.

During that day's afternoon, Thaksin will then head to Pakse Province.

The coordinator of the red-shirt group in Uttaradit Province, Pannawat Nakmoon, revealed that the local red shirts are collecting nine famous souvenirs form the province's nine districts such as durian and banana stick from Lablae District, preserved tamarind from Fakta District, and pineapple from Huai Moon District to welcome Thaksin.

He added that red shirt people from Uttaradit, Phitsanulok, Phichit, Petchabun, and Nakhon Sawan provinces will join the event.

Red-shirt leaders expect that the event will be packed with more than thousands of supporters expressing well wishes to Thaksin.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-04-04

footer_n.gif

Red-shirt leaders expect that the event will be packed with more than thousands of supporters expressing well wishes to Thaksin.

If there weren't so many going to visit Thaksin in Laos and Cambodia, I'm sure they'd get a lot more.

Thaksin will be delighted to be bathed, be worshipped, and then soon go home to Dubai with all those famous souvenirs like banana sticks and preserved tamarind in his bulging luggage. It's difficult to survive in a foreign country on expensive macaroons alone.

Could these red shirt leaders please tell me who they were elected by? After all, they believe 100% in democracy, or that's what they say.

If they do, why don't thet have an elected leadership, voting on whether a village is red or not, etc?

No chance. "Democracy is a tool, not my aim"

Remember who said that?

• Like 1

Could these red shirt leaders please tell me who they were elected by? After all, they believe 100% in democracy, or that's what they say.

If they do, why don't thet have an elected leadership, voting on whether a village is red or not, etc?

Remember who said that?

Yes.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/4293-thaksin-democracy-is-not-my-goal/

• Like 1

so much for Songkran being a time to go to your home village and

spend time with family. Only and true wanke_r would request and then

expect people to not follow Thai tradition.

No class, no self respect ... the Thai tradition being followed is "me me me"

• Like 2

What's need is a bullet with 'Best Wishes' written on it.

I am surprise that Thai Visa does not turn you in for your terrible comment.

Also you should repent for your sins in Church this weekend

Edited by harryfrompattaya

And I'm sure there will be plenty sharing time with their family in Pattaya where thai tradition is high on the agenda. Are you going to give them the benefits of your moral upstanding ways as well? Or is it just red shirts that upset you?

Q The coordinator of the red-shirt group in Uttaradit Province, Pannawat Nakmoon, revealed that the local red shirts are collecting nine famous souvenirs form the province's nine districts such as durian and banana stick from Lablae District, preserved tamarind from Fakta District, and pineapple from Huai Moon District to welcome Thaksin.Q

For mr t (l.c. so no importance is placed upon it)

I hope the pineapple will be suitably placed where the moon doesn't shine

Edited by CHANGOVER
  • Like 1

Remember who said that?

Could you give us a clue? It could be have been said by any number of political despots over the years.

Edited by bigbamboo

Remember who said that?

They have had (and won) many elections since an unlawful coop!! since when has this country been a "Democracy"?

Q The coordinator of the red-shirt group in Uttaradit Province, Pannawat Nakmoon, revealed that the local red shirts are collecting nine famous souvenirs form the province's nine districts such as durian and banana stick from Lablae District, preserved tamarind from Fakta District, and pineapple from Huai Moon District to welcome Thaksin.Q

For mr t (l.c. so no importance is placed upon it)

I hope the pineapple will be suitably placed where the moon doesn't shine

Is that your personal wish? Bend down and touch your toes....... O'ops!!!

I am surprise that Thai Visa does not turn you in for your terrible comment.

Also you should repent for your sins in Church this weekend

Or the terrible use of the English language!!

And I'm sure there will be plenty sharing time with their family in Pattaya where thai tradition is high on the agenda. Are you going to give them the benefits of your moral upstanding ways as well? Or is it just red shirts that upset you?

At least if they go to Pattaya they are spending their time and money in Thailand

Going to another country is less likely to help the Thai economy.

The actual red shirts do not upset me, it is their leaders and the way they brainwash

their followers and keep them in tow by giving them freedies.