Visa Advice Needed

My visa runs out on the 16th of April but my flight back to the uk is on the 18th of April,i have already had a 2 two month visa which started from the 16th of November 2011 and took me upto 16th of march.I got another 1 month stamp through thai immigration which takes me up until the 16th of April.

My wife rung immigration today and they said i can get a 7 day extension which will cost 1900bt or i can go to the airport and pay 2 days overstay which will cost 1000bt.My wife asked if there would be any ramifications if i overstayed and the official said she didnt know.

I dont like the sound of overstaying because it may effect me with visa's,work permit's etc in the future.

1900bt seems like the best option to me but is this the correct price and how is overstaying 2 days percieved in thailand?

I have overstayed 3 days paid the 1500 bhat at swampy The officer that took my fine said. No Problem with a smile. I could have done a visa run but it would have cost me more than the 1500

I took the risk and paid my fine at the Airport I did apologise for the small overstay "No problem sir" Just a small stamp in the passport with 3 days and 1500 fine paid.

If its your first and ony time it wont be a problem Maybe if you do it a lot it might be, But once or twice I would think it would be OK.