Immigration Closure Over Songkran

Immigration announces the following:

Immigration Division 1 will be closed on 6 - 9 April, 2012 and 13 - 16 April, 2012. Foreigners who residing in Bangkok can do Re-entry Permit, Extension stay permit and Notify of staying longer than 90 days in advance before long weekend on office hour. For more details call 1111

Re-entry Permit stop services on Saturday 7 and 14 April, 2012 at Suan Plu Office

EDIT: Re-entry Permit services will be closed on Saturday 14 April, 2012 at SuanPlu Office!!!!

Immigration Offices outside Bangkok will be closed likewise.

For a re-entry permit: For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected] — You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance. — You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.) — Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

Edited by Mario2008

Immigration Offices outside Bangkok will be closed likewise.

Does this imply that the Chonburi Immigrations office will remain open during the (17th), 18th & 19th April when Songkron is normally "celebrated" in Pattaya?

Edited by Suradit69

Mario, you wrote: "For a re-entry permit: For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected] — You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance. — You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)"

What if I don't have a scanner so i cannot send TM.8 form by email one day in advance?

Can I submit TM.8 form same time as submit 2" photo and pay fee at counter 7, Soi Suanplu office? Will they give Re-entry permit same day, or not?

Hi all, long time lurker and first time poster. My 60day visa is set to expire on the 11th and would like to know how I could go about getting a 30day extension during this time period. I didn't realize that the immigration office in Chaeng Wattana in Bnagkok was closed today and went there thinking I could extend my visa today. How would it be possible to get an extension before the 11th?

Mario, you wrote: "For a re-entry permit: For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected] — You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance. — You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)"

What if I don't have a scanner so i cannot send TM.8 form by email one day in advance?

Can I submit TM.8 form same time as submit 2" photo and pay fee at counter 7, Soi Suanplu office? Will they give Re-entry permit same day, or not?

You do not need a scanner. You download the form and fill it in on the computer and send it by email as attachement. (Just click on the link in blue TM-7 form above to download). The photo you give when you come to collect the re-entry permit.

Hi all, long time lurker and first time poster. My 60day visa is set to expire on the 11th and would like to know how I could go about getting a 30day extension during this time period. I didn't realize that the immigration office in Chaeng Wattana in Bnagkok was closed today and went there thinking I could extend my visa today. How would it be possible to get an extension before the 11th?

You can do it on the 10th.

But he will have to loop the border, right? Can it be done at Chang Wattana?

=============================

Then you need to try the 10th as they should be open then.

Be prepared for long queues however...due to the 3 closed days before that.

Go as early as you can...be there at 8:30 when they open.

Get a number, and if need be go downstairs and get a coffee and donuts or such...rather than waiting upstairs.

Just get back in time for your number to be called.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

He can get the extension at any immigration office, inlcuding Cheang wattana.

So a single entry tourist visa from HCMC for 60 days that expires on Tuesday does not require looping the border?

How long has this been possible? What is the fee?

You simply go to an immirgation office a few days before, armed with a copy of your passprot, a passport photo and 1,900 baht and fill in the correct form. That has been possible for ages.

You simply go to an immirgation office a few days before, armed with a copy of your passprot, a passport photo and 1,900 baht and fill in the correct form. That has been possible for ages.

A few days before? Not possible with the closure. Same day okay?

So the 30 day extension is $20 more expensive than the original 60 day visa for $40 ?

How do the visa run services manage to put you on a bus, feed you lunch, drive you to Cambodia and back including the cost of the visa for 2K baht?

Is there an immigration office near Suvarnabhumi or Samuprakarn? If not, is Chang Wattana the closest? Map?

Edited by unanimosity

He can get the extension at any immigration office, inlcuding Cheang wattana.

So a single entry tourist visa from HCMC for 60 days that expires on Tuesday does not require looping the border?

How long has this been possible? What is the fee?

You never cross a border to extend a visa entry. The cost is 1,900 baht. For a 60 day tourist visa a normal extension of 30 days for tourist reasons is available.

Thanks for the replies. I have done an application for visa extension in the past no problem at Chaeng Wattana but I am located in Sukhumvit and would like to know if there are any other immigration offices closer that I could go to on the 10th? I will be going there at 8:30am as a poster recommended as there will be large cues.

Would I be better off using a bus visa run, or will that only give me 14 days for 2k baht? I would prefer to go on a visa run on Sunday than take the chance of not getting an extension at an immigration office on Tuesday, and then having to book a flight for Wednesday.

Edited by alittlelewd

You would only receive a 15 day visa exempt entry with a border crossing. Chiang Watanna is the only office available for extension of tourist visa if living in Bangkok. If you are there with the photo/1,900 baht Tuesday you should not have any problem getting a 30 day extension of a 60 day tourist visa entry.