Thailand Really Likes Old Western Guys

kerryk

I would say their perceived wealth and western passport trumps all of the above. A young Thai woman who's not really looking for money would prefer a guy her age that she can communicate with. This pretty much eliminates farangs. But if she's in dire straits....any westerner will do. Regardless of age.

That's my sort of gal !

Also highlights how much Thailand is lacking behind other neighbouring countries when it comes to being able to communicate in other languages.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still dont see it as common, happens but in know way is it common with thai on thai,

even if you see one every hour, still not ciommon.

does anyone besides me find the age gap relationships dodgy, or am i now in the minority on here, that tells me most here must be far older then there girls.

The name of the thread is "Thailand really likes old Western guys."It is not "Thailand really likes young British tattooed football hooligans."I would expect an older readership. Duh....

this is always going to be a hot topic as nearly everyone here is older then jesus, and there wives are barely out of high school.

I am heavily tattooed, mainly sak yants, I am not a christian prude as someone pointed out, former monk, I am not an authority on Thailand.

what i do know is some relationships are real, but most age gap relationships are as dodgy as hell, that the truth, if your in a real good one fine, great, but it cannot be denied that most are being played like a fiddle.

• Like 1

still dont see it as common, happens but in know way is it common with thai on thai,

does anyone besides me find the age gap relationships dodgy, or am i now in the minority on here, that tells me most here must be far older then there girls.

The name of the thread is "Thailand really likes old Western guys."It is not "Thailand really likes young British tattooed football hooligans."I would expect an older readership.  Duh....

this is always going to be a hot topic as nearly everyone here is older then jesus, and there wives are barely out of high school.

I am heavily tattooed, mainly sak yants, I am not a christian prude as someone pointed out, former monk, I am not an authority on Thailand.

what i do know is some relationships are real, but most age gap relationships are as dodgy as hell, that the truth, if your in a real good one fine, great, but it cannot be denied that most are being played like a fiddle.

I believe you. I had my first relationship with a Thai woman in 1968. The truth?I agree it cannot be denied. Most Western men regardless of age are being played like a fiddle. The old guys have it easier because they can stay here 24/7 with no problems. The young men? Rarely live 24/7 in Thailand. They get played the most. Why would I lie to you? I have had good girls and bad girls when I was both young and old. It is just the way it is.

[Thailand does not really love old western guys, but certain part of Thai society loves your money - Enjoy.

Well said GH. You see Thailand as it is; not as some wish it to be...

<and there is a lot to like about Thailand smile.png >

Just curious your take:  Dirt poor, peasant Thai women marry young western guys for...?

Their hot bodies. Their overall treatment and respect of women compared to the equivalent aged Thai men poor or otherwise. Their ability to eat 'spicy'. Their moves on the dance floor and finally their ability to have a family where one momber isnt likely to die within 20 years.

Tell me you are not married and don't live in Thailand. Or I am going to have bad dreams tonight. Thai women get married because of moves on the dance floor? Farangs, "hot bodies?" I know there are two yabbed up trollops with corn rowed hair who want the DJ at Lucifer's but beyond them ?

The name of the thread is "Thailand really likes old Western guys."It is not "Thailand really likes young British tattooed football hooligans."I would expect an older readership. Duh....

I believe you. I had my first relationship with a Thai woman in 1968. The truth?I agree it cannot be denied. Most Western men regardless of age are being played like a fiddle. The old guys have it easier because they can stay here 24/7 with no problems. The young men? Rarely live 24/7 in Thailand. They get played the most. Why would I lie to you? I have had good girls and bad girls when I was both young and old. It is just the way it is.

I live here 24/7 gramps ;) but I dont get played anymore. It's all about learning your lesson. There are a lot of these harmonic playing women in the west, why should a developing coutry like Thailand be any different where survival of the fittest plays a more stronger and understandable role than in the developed countries.

Edited by maxme

I would say their perceived wealth and western passport trumps all of the above. A young Thai woman who's not really looking for money would prefer a guy her age that she can communicate with. This pretty much eliminates farangs. But if she's in dire straits....any westerner will do. Regardless of age.

That's my sort of gal !

Also highlights how much Thailand is lacking behind other neighbouring countries when it comes to being able to communicate in other languages.

It's regrettable that Thailand's lack of English skills is limiting your shagging options. Perhaps you can bring this up at the next ASEAN symposium.

I live here 24/7 gramps wink.png but I dont get played anymore. It's all about learning your lesson. There are a lot of these harmonic playing women in the west, why should a developing coutry like Thailand be any different where survival of the fittest plays a more stronger and understandable role than in the developed countries.

In Thailand I thought it was survival of the sneakiest.

Fit guys get used and abused.

That's my sort of gal !

It's regrettable that Thailand's lack of English skills is limiting your shagging options. Perhaps you can bring this up at the next ASEAN symposium.

Though his choice of words may not be so subtle I do concur with that assessment. Thailand has every chance of climbing up but due to political instupidity it remains in the shadows. Take Malaysia for example, now even most hawkers there understand basic English if not more and thus can expand. The limited knowledge of the English language in Thailand halts the progress of the economy sector while it should do the opposite.

Edited by maxme

I live here 24/7 gramps wink.png but I dont get played anymore. It's all about learning your lesson. There are a lot of these harmonic playing women in the west, why should a developing coutry like Thailand be any different where survival of the fittest plays a more stronger and understandable role than in the developed countries.

In Thailand I thought it was survival of the sneakiest.

Fit guys get used and abused.

Some... Some learn, some came prepared.

Just curious your take: Dirt poor, peasant Thai women marry young western guys for...?

Their hot bodies. Their overall treatment and respect of women compared to the equivalent aged Thai men poor or otherwise. Their ability to eat 'spicy'. Their moves on the dance floor and finally their ability to have a family where one momber isnt likely to die within 20 years.

Tell me you are not married and don't live in Thailand. Or I am going to have bad dreams tonight. Thai women get married because of moves on the dance floor? Farangs, "hot bodies?" I know there are two yabbed up trollops with corn rowed hair who want the DJ at Lucifer's but beyond them ?

I can tell you I am not married and don't live in Thailand if you really want me to. Not sure how me telling you this is gong to help you in anyway but here goes. I am not married and don't live in Thailand.

However, this is untrue. May I suggest that if you choose to engage me further you learn the meaning of the following 'tongue in cheek' and 'sarcasm' as it would appear you have the same amount of trouble identifying either of those as you do with stickman's april fools jokes.

Please don't have bad dreams tonight, at least not on my account. Its only the internet. None of it is real.

That's my sort of gal !

They haven't limited my shagging options. I'm a white man with money. However they have limited the relationship options of many a Thai woman who are the product of a failed english language program.

Didn't you write a post asking for help because you married a control freak?  Still married to the same woman?  Max I'm not married.  Maybe you should think a bit before giving advice or saying you don't get played anymore eh?

Didn't you write a post asking for help because you married a control freak? Still married to the same woman? Max I'm not married. Maybe you should think a bit before giving advice or saying you don't get played anymore eh?

Kerry I must have been drunk but where did I say that?

Didn't you write a post asking for help because you married a control freak?  Still married to the same woman?  Max I'm not married.  Maybe you should think a bit before giving advice or saying you don't get played anymore eh?

Kerry I must have been drunk but where did I say that?

Honey can you do this for me can you do that for me. I love her man but sometimes she s a handful. She s a control freak. Sometimes i felt like i couldnt breathe.

LOL I remember now, she said I should post it what I thought of her sometimes and see what the response would be and added a little herself. Even so how is that close to being conned? The fact u didn't have a response with depth just proves my point even further gramps. Women are demanding, educated or not educated and even though we arent meant to understand them, communication beyond "u farang hansom" does help to improve ur relationship. But then again ur probably the wrong person to tell.

LOL I remember now, she said I should post it what I thought of her sometimes and see what the response would be and added a little herself.  Even so how is that close to being conned? The fact u didn't have a response with depth just proves my point even further gramps. Women are demanding, educated or not educated and even though we arent meant to understand them, communication beyond "u farang hansom" does help to improve ur relationship. But then again ur probably the wrong person to tell.

Honest Max, you don't get to experience how much Thailand really likes old Western guys if you are married. Especially to a controlling woman. If you have 2 mai nois and a gik and a gf I stand corrected. But if not maybe you should listen to the single men. There is a reason why us old single guys live in Thailand.

LOL I remember now, she said I should post it what I thought of her sometimes and see what the response would be and added a little herself. Even so how is that close to being conned? The fact u didn't have a response with depth just proves my point even further gramps. Women are demanding, educated or not educated and even though we arent meant to understand them, communication beyond "u farang hansom" does help to improve ur relationship. But then again ur probably the wrong person to tell.

Honest Max, you don't get to experience how much Thailand really likes old Western guys if you are married. Especially to a controlling woman. If you have 2 mai nois and a gik and a gf I stand corrected. But if not maybe you should listen to the single men. There is a reason why us old single guys live in Thailand.

The availability of cheap uneducated prostitutes?

Well from a hitched one to a single: how do u figure?

It is like fishing. Who do you ask if the fish are biting? I would think a fisherman. Not the guy who caught one fish a few years ago.

:D What an analogy despite the fact u don't know anything about me or what I did before I got hitched. Just a lot of presumptious statements. Here is another analogy for ya... In martial art terms, kerryk your name should now be known as the forever whitebelter.

Edited by maxme

LOL I remember now, she said I should post it what I thought of her sometimes and see what the response would be and added a little herself.  Even so how is that close to being conned? The fact u didn't have a response with depth just proves my point even further gramps. Women are demanding, educated or not educated and even though we arent meant to understand them, communication beyond "u farang hansom" does help to improve ur relationship. But then again ur probably the wrong person to tell.

Honest Max, you don't get to experience how much Thailand really likes old Western guys if you are married.  Especially to a controlling woman. If you have 2 mai nois and a gik and a gf I stand corrected.  But if not maybe you should listen to the single men.  There is a reason why us old single guys live in Thailand.

The availability of cheap uneducated prostitutes?

Heavens to Betsy no. A cheap uneducated prostitute? Me! I'll get out my Chula class of 2010 reunion T shirt next. I will have you know I can say perfectly and without accent. “Who sells chicken eggs.”

old falang guys in Thailand?...well, yessee ye gots to dress for the part with tattered old shorts, a panama hat and a walking stick...then walk down to the market and pretend to stumble and dodder just to check peoples' reaction as they usually rush to prevent you from falling down...and then lovely women are all over the place with plenty of contact with their lovely brown flesh and then they bend over not knowing that the 'kind old falang' is watching, slavering and muttering: 'just a bit more, a bit more...yaaahhhs...'

old age has its' advantages...tongue.png

(the motorcycle taxi drivers observe and remark: 'you see what that old falang character is doing?...'...'yeah, it's quite obvious...'...'let's go kick his ass!...'...'we can't, he's an old guy &lt;deleted&gt;...')

Edited by tutsiwarrior

old falang guys in Thailand?...well, yessee ye gots to dress for the part with tattered old shorts, a panama hat and a walking stick...then walk down to the market and pretend to stumble and dodder just to check peoples' reaction as they usually rush to prevent you from falling down...and then lovely women are all over with plenty of contact with their lovely brown flesh and then bend over not knowing that the kind old falang is slavering and muttering: 'just a bit more, a bit more...yaaahhhs...'

Sounds like a man with experience :)

It is like fishing.  Who do you ask if the fish are biting?  I would think a fisherman. Not the guy who caught one fish a few years ago.

biggrin.png What an analogy despite the fact u don't know anything about me or what I did before I got hitched. Just a lot of presumptious statements. Here is another analogy for ya... In martial art terms, kerryk your name should now be known as the forever whitebelter.

I have to admit I am not too frightened. Why I have a grizzly bear rug in my house. The grizzly is still alive but he's afraid to move. Did you know that Chuck Norris wears Kerry K underwear and pajamas? A Thai cobra once bit me and after five days of excruciating agony the snake died!

It is like fishing. Who do you ask if the fish are biting? I would think a fisherman. Not the guy who caught one fish a few years ago.

biggrin.png What an analogy despite the fact u don't know anything about me or what I did before I got hitched. Just a lot of presumptious statements. Here is another analogy for ya... In martial art terms, kerryk your name should now be known as the forever whitebelter.

I have to admit I am not too frightened. Why I have a grizzly bear rug in my house. The grizzly is still alive but he's afraid to move. Did you know that Chuck Norris wears Kerry K underwear and pajamas? A Thai cobra once bit me and after five days of excruciating agony the snake died!

:D

old falang guys in Thailand?...well, yessee ye gots to dress for the part with tattered old shorts, a panama hat and a walking stick...then walk down to the market and pretend to stumble and dodder just to check peoples' reaction as they usually rush to prevent you from falling down...and then lovely women are all over with plenty of contact with their lovely brown flesh and then bend over not knowing that the kind old falang is slavering and muttering: 'just a bit more, a bit more...yaaahhhs...'

Sounds like a man with experience smile.png

as someone said: great narratives always come from personal experience...biggrin.png

Actually there are plenty of wealthy Thai 'cougars' out there, but that doesnt fit into the 19th century 'traditional arrangement' that Thailand is slowly pulling itself out of. You should be proud of yourself, your probably the last of a dying breed. As Thailand and its people prosper there will be less and less reliance on pretty young women marrying men 20 years older than them for money. Although I agree, the term 'financial security' is a little softer on the soul.

I will however say your direct input into the overpopulation of the planet is commendable. Good work!

Another good post by BJBKK, I agree you you almost entirely.

Seems to me that you ,Kananga, are the dying breed as both BJ and myself are reproducing at full speed ahead. As for Thailands economic outlook, I'm fairly certain it will be providing enough women for BJ, myself, and others like us for the foreseeable future.

Actually it's undeniable that Thailand's rising prosperity, combined with the impact of the Internet, the pretty young girls are able to extract much more for their services now than in the past.

I think if the country could get its act together wrt education and corruption, within twenty years it could be as prosperous as Singapore is now, and those punters on the lower end of the wealth scale will need to move on to lower-GDP pastures.

All true.

However I think most women **worldwide** primarily take money into account in choosing a husband. In the wealthier countries it just means the young hotties have higher standards.

And of course this isn't true for all, many girls can afford to believe in the "falling in love" myth, or are lucky enough to choose between a wealthy handsome good dancer and a wealthy schlub.

Do you mean the old guys are deceiving the young girls or the other way around? I think it goes both ways, but most often both are perfectly aware of what they're each getting out of the relationship.

In which case there's absolutely nothing wrong.

• Like 1