Which Is Your Favourite Thai Beer?

Paangjang

Which is your favourite Thai beer? Poll  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chang Classic for the taste. Also like Beer Lao. Preferred Carlsberg when it used to be here. Never tried Leo or Tiger. Don't like the taste of Singha or Heinekin. Asahi for Japanese.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Then you will be happy to find that Carlsberg is back in Thailand :)

I normally don't drink any domestic beer, but when I do I drink Singha or Asahi.

hey...I got some draft Leo last week at the changwat suphan tescos food hall and it was nice...check it out when you can find it...with the little niece, the grandson and a bowl of kweiteo we were together...yassuh!

Edited by tutsiwarrior

hey...I got some draft Leo last week at the changwat suphan tescos food hall and it was nice...check it out when you can find it...with the little niece, the grandson and a bowl of kweiteo we were together...yassuh!

Do you take the niece, the grandson and the little bowl of kweiteo everywhere you go?

SC

Just came back from a trip to Cambodia where they had loads of locally produced dark beers (in addition to their pilsners/lagers).... wonderful.... tried and enjoyed every one I could find...

Then back to BKK and NOTHING.... Well, imported Beer Lao Dark, which is OK.... But the Cambodian darks were more in the style of Guinness, and there's nothing locally produced here that's remotely similar.

BTW, the OP failed to list San Miguel and San Miguel Light as locally produced beers here in Thailand.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Just came back from a trip to Cambodia where they had loads of locally produced dark beers (in addition to their pilsners/lagers).... wonderful.... tried and enjoyed every one I could find...

Then back to BKK and NOTHING.... Well, imported Beer Lao Dark, which is OK.... But the Cambodian darks were more in the style of Guinness, and there's nothing locally produced here that's remotely similar.

BTW, the OP failed to list San Miguel and San Miguel Light as locally produced beers here in Thailand.

Well i've learned something new then. I didn't know San mig was produced in Thailand, i thought it was imported from the Phillies. Who drinks it here anyway? I've not seen many people drink it here and your the first to mention it in this topic.

Well, sorry for the "Failure"sorry.gif

Yes, apparently, San Miguel bought out a prior Thai brewery back in 2004 and converted it to producing the Thai version of their beers, SM regular and SM light. Easy to find in both supermarkets and many restaurants and pubs around central BKK. Not sure about the availability upcountry.

I like it for its clean taste, and I like the practice of serving the SML bottles with a slice of fresh lime to flavor the beer a bit. It's usually priced similar to Leo and Chang, and less than Heineken. And at least for me, no hangover or other ill-effects from drinking SML, unlike some of the other local beers.

Acquired brewery assets of Thai Amarit Brewery Co. in 2004 and named it San Miguel Brewery (Thailand) Ltd.

PRODUCTION FACILITY

1 Brewery in Pathum Thani, which is About 25 km from Bangkok

http://www.sanmiguelbeerinternational.com/business-unit-thailand.php

Do you take the niece, the grandson and the little bowl of kweiteo everywhere you go?

SC

whenever possible...

'yo! <deleted>! get yer ass over here and don't wander away...'...'Nuie! get off yer ass and look after him, will ye?...' as tutsi stares into his draft beer...

Nuie, with arms akimbo: 'I'm not sure that I like you too much uncle tutsi...'...uncle tutsi: 'I'll make you 'like me' goddamit!...now go and look after him, will ye?...'

meanwhile kindly thai folks at the next table smile and observe: 'what a nice falang man with his small thai children...' and tutsi just nods and smiles...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Leo seems to have overtaken Singha. I think this is probably due to the price difference. IMO Singha has a better taste, being slightly more bitter. Also along with Chang draught and export it doesn't seem to ever give me a headache like Leo or Chang origional.

Was in a restaurant the other day, reading through the menu i saw they had Tiger, Singha, Leo and Elephant beer! Took me a couple of seconds to figure it out, haven't heard that one before.! biggrin.png

I didn't vote, because there is No separate Box for Chang Classic, why is it combined ? The other ones like Export and Draught are oke once in a while (read when they ran out of Classic) but Classic is the one for me.

Leo. bah.gif

Singha (After drinking that I always end up with a Headache)

Heinken (Too sweet)

San Miguel (Oke once in a while)

Beer Lao (Prefer the dark one) thumbsup.gif

Angkor Beer (The Gold Can) thumbsup.gif

Edit: //

Forgot Archa Beer bah.gif

Edited by MJCM

I didn't vote, because there is No separate Box for Chang Classic, why is it combined ? The other ones like Export and Draught are oke once in a while (read when they ran out of Classic) but Classic is the one for me.

Leo. bah.gif

Singha (After drinking that I always end up with a Headache)

Heinken (Too sweet)

San Miguel (Oke once in a while)

Beer Lao (Prefer the dark one) thumbsup.gif

Angkor Beer (The Gold Can) thumbsup.gif

Edit: //

Forgot Archa Beer bah.gif

So if you like drinking beer manufactured by the "Chang beer brand cooperation" why not vote for Chang? Because there isn't a separate vote box for every version of every beer from every cooperation? Its meant to be a simple poll, just for fun and interest on an internet forum. Sorry you felt so strongly that you decided not to vote.

Thailand attracts all sorts... crazy.gif

Heineken is not imported, its produced locally, the whole poll has not been thought out very carefully. I would imagine Anchor is imported!!! not produced here.

Anchor is a Cambodian Beer (Silver Can).

Edited by MJCM

Heineken is not imported, its produced locally, the whole poll has not been thought out very carefully. I would imagine Anchor is imported!!! not produced here.

Ahh well, got a few replies so some people enjoyed the topic anyway. A bit of fun.

Are you going to tell us which one is your favourite and why, or just complain?

• Like 1

Ahh well, got a few replies so some people enjoyed the topic anyway. A bit of fun.

Are you going to tell us which one is your favourite and why, or just complain?

Domestic Sam Miguel Lite, its not on your list

Chang is the best. The main selling point is the 6.4% alcohol content. drunk.gif

If you're (edit) just drinking to get drunk, why not just stick to meths?

SC

Because you can't get a head on it? And they don't usually have a cold shelf for it?

Chang is the best. The main selling point is the 6.4% alcohol content. drunk.gif

If you're (edit) just drinking to get drunk, why not just stick to meths?

SC

Because you can't get a head on it? And they don't usually have a cold shelf for it?

Drop a bit of dry ice in it - great head!

SC

EDIT:

Oh - and stop smoking

I hope that wasn't too late...

Singha is the absolute best beer in Thailand, unfortuantly most of the time not available out in the sticks, then Leo is the substitute. Chang is simply to strong to be a good beer, but if I want to get drunk it's OK