Thaksin To Drown Out Reconciliation This Songkran

Lite Beer

Or his camera to take pictures of the 300,000 attendees.

Or to perhaps catch a rerun of this blatant piece of bribery too.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or his camera to take pictures of the 300,000 attendees.

Or to perhaps catch a rerun of this blatant piece of bribery too.

Now where are the "The red shirts were not paid to attend the rallies" guys when you need them? I suppose this video will put an end to that myth. Or knowing the red apologists maybe not.

Now where are the "The red shirts were not paid to attend the rallies" guys when you need them? I suppose this video will put an end to that myth. Or knowing the red apologists maybe not.

Actually i already know their response to this one. They interpret Thaksin as referring to the government hand out of 500 baht for the elderly, not the money that he allegedly hands out to them.

I really don't know myself to what he was referring, but find arguing over it a little academic as anyone who thinks that red shirts don't get paid money for attending needs to get their head out of the sand.

Meab (#23 above) questioned the info. that 400.00 baht is insufficient for Angkor Wat....... I know it is what they pay for the bus there and back...... I checked my source and learned that Red Shirts have free access to Angkor Wat that day, hence the total cost remains at 400.00 baht, other than food....................... At the border things have also been streamlined....................... Authorities have already been provided names of passengers according to specific busses.

Please tell your source not to tell you anything more in the future....jap.gif

• Like 2

Thaksin has WON an election to be prime minister.

giggle.gif WON!?

Methinks he purged the empty brain faculties of large poor areas for 300 Baht each. He didn't win. He bought!

Of course, you may correct me with the details of how he exactly won.... referring to 'winning' meaning to come first in a fair competition!

mel.

In a supplement to the other paper, they had interviews with slum dwellers who had been part of the 4 bus loads of people the Dems paid 300 baht each to attend their rally on 1/7/11 at Rama 5 monument Now that's some serious electoral fraud!

Without commenting on the accuracy of the allegation, can I point out that padding a rally is not " some serious electoral fraud!"

It seems ironic that a Thaksin/PTP supporter doesn't know what is electoral fraud and what is not. Not surprising, just ironic.

The irony of the Red Shirts getting a cold shoulder from the People's Republic of Laos and instead being warmly received by Cambodia, a country ruled by a thinly veiled dictator that came to power through a murderous coup more than 10 years ago is quite staggering. I guess Red Shirts and their misguided supporters are very good at cognitive dissonance.

I traveled through Cambodia just before the last election and talked to as many people as possible about Thai politics and got a resounding consensus of hatred for the Abhisit dictatorship.

Did they feel the same way about the Hun Sen dictatorship?

Likely, but they dare not say so to strangers.

I talked to several of the locals when I visited Angkor Wat last year, no, they do not dare talk about it.

• Like 1

I'm debating what's more pathetic, Thaksin's ego trip, the Red Masses groveling at the crook's feet or the pretense that going to see Thaksin... has nothing to do with Thaksin.

CalgaryII, I suppose that while the Red Shirts are in Cambodia they will protest against Hun Sen, right? I mean, he came to power through a coup decades ago and had a bunch of people tortured and killed.

No? Tap tap... hello, is this on?

what really baffles me is how abhisit and hun sen never became bosom buddy's

Nurofiend, I think it is something to do with Abhisit's masters in the PAD wanted to start a war with Cambodia over a piffling piece of land that international courts have ruled on Cambodia's favour for many, many years...to divert attention away from the fact that their government was doing nothing and was going to lose the elections...ergo focus the people on an external threat. Hell, Abhisit even sent one of his buddy democrats MPs to enter the Cambodia illegally, and then Abhisit predictably denied he knew anything about it, despite receiving phone calls from his loony mate....Abhisit being a pathological liar, and incompetent.

Anyway, than god we've got a Shinawatra back in power...now something positive might actually get accomplished.

The irony of the Red Shirts getting a cold shoulder from the People's Republic of Laos and instead being warmly received by Cambodia, a country ruled by a thinly veiled dictator that came to power through a murderous coup more than 10 years ago is quite staggering. I guess Red Shirts and their misguided supporters are very good at cognitive dissonance.

I traveled through Cambodia just before the last election and talked to as many people as possible about Thai politics and got a resounding consensus of hatred for the Abhisit dictatorship.

Were you wearing your "I LOVE THAKSIN" red T-shirt?

I'm debating what's more pathetic, Thaksin's ego trip, the Red Masses groveling at the crook's feet or the pretense that going to see Thaksin... has nothing to do with Thaksin.

CalgaryII, I suppose that while the Red Shirts are in Cambodia they will protest against Hun Sen, right? I mean, he came to power through a coup decades ago and had a bunch of people tortured and killed.

Nurofiend, I think it is something to do with Abhisit's masters in the PAD wanted to start a war with Cambodia over a piffling piece of land that international courts have ruled on Cambodia's favour for many, many years...to divert attention away from the fact that their government was doing nothing and was going to lose the elections...ergo focus the people on an external threat. Hell, Abhisit even sent one of his buddy democrats MPs to enter the Cambodia illegally, and then Abhisit predictably denied he knew anything about it, despite receiving phone calls from his loony mate....Abhisit being a pathological liar, and incompetent.

Anyway, than god we've got a Shinawatra back in power...now something positive might actually get accomplished.

An interesting take on a few border clashes that seemed to erupt just as elections were announced. Some even suspect that they were engineered to create instability - what's a few lives when "eternal friendship" is at stake, not to mention getting your mates' grubby little fingers back on the purse strings. And it's not like it was the first time a few pawns were sacrificed to achieve the checkmate.

• Like 1

"Red shirts are paying about Bt7,000 each to get close to Thaksin, albeit briefly"

Obviously an anti-Thaksin article, reiterating all the Thaksin Opposition paranoia. But let me correct one specific fact. Perhaps some arrangements are paying the above noted 7,000 Baht. Locals however, have filled three busses and are paying 400. baht. which is most likely close to the norm elsewhere. Also as mentioned before, a case could be made that Thaksin is the minor reason for this journey, whilst the major reason is that it provides an opportunity for both camaradery and to see Angkor Wat at a very low cost. My interest is in seeing Angkor Wat.

I questioned in the thread about Sonthi whether your reasoning was based on ignorance or stupidity. I see my question answered. So, if people in three buses, including you, pay 400B, it means that everyone who is going is paying the same? And you have facts to prove that? It may come as a surprise but just because you claim something to be true, it does not mean it is. And you forgot to mention that those who go, also have to stay somewhere there and eat. That is not included in the 400. And the claim that your interest is in Angkor Wat and to fraternize with your fellow redshirt morons and not in your hero, just conforms what I said in my first sentence. Now, I do not expect you to understand any of what I just said or that you will eventually. It would require some basic features that you and your redshirt gang simply do not posess. Tragically.

• Like 1

An interesting take on a few border clashes that seemed to erupt just as elections were announced. Some even suspect that they were engineered to create instability - what's a few lives when "eternal friendship" is at stake, not to mention getting your mates' grubby little fingers back on the purse strings. And it's not like it was the first time a few pawns were sacrificed to achieve the checkmate.

It was curious how that ridiculous border issue went away just as soon as the new governement took office but I guess we can await confirmation from TV's inside man, the Calgary Flamer himself, that this was due entirely to Ms Yingluck's charm, beauty, diplomacy, business acumen and political nous and absolutely no one else. .

• Like 2

Thaksin - the modernday Ozymandias.

Calgary - the man with more sources than Heinz

Thaksin the new Messias

One line from Leonard Coen comes to mind.

"Jesus was a sailor when he walked upp-on the wather.

Wonder if Thaksin going to feed the Red Shirt wor(sheep)ers wit 5000 fishes.

"Red shirts are paying about Bt7,000 each to get close to Thaksin, albeit briefly"

Obviously an anti-Thaksin article, reiterating all the Thaksin Opposition paranoia. But let me correct one specific fact. Perhaps some arrangements are paying the above noted 7,000 Baht. Locals however, have filled three busses and are paying 400. baht. which is most likely close to the norm elsewhere. Also as mentioned before, a case could be made that Thaksin is the minor reason for this journey, whilst the major reason is that it provides an opportunity for both camaradery and to see Angkor Wat at a very low cost. My interest is in seeing Angkor Wat.

I have just heard from an informed source that about 5'000 yellow shirts are going, mascaraing as red shirts just to throw eggs at Taksin with the aim of creating the worlds biggest human omelet

So Calgaryll bring your eggs and be part of something historic.

As for seeing Angkok at a low price - you cheap so and so . Imagine if foreigners came here on the cheap for a holiday - "Falang Kee Nok Mak"

I hope this is true about the Yellow Shirts. But it's probably just comedy.

A foreigner going to Ankgor for 400 baht because it's cheap makes him the same kind of guy who spends 5000 baht in a bar and leaves a 20 baht tip. There are plenty of Brits here that do that.

YOU TOO no doubt

Instruct the border guards to disallow all reds from re-entering the Kingdom of Thailand on the grounds that they are communist insurgents and are committing treason.

Yes they should stay in Cambodia, where they are fully welcomed. There's plenty of space there for them and they don't need to continually fight against any opposition there. Why can't they just set up home there?

Well we're still waiting.The present govt. has one priority,to somehow get bro no.1 back without to much <deleted> hitting the fan.