Lifan Cross 200

Soi Sauce

It is not that the bikes are bad, but there is a challenge to get them looked after properly by the service department. Lifan does not have highly trained mechanics working out of Lifan shops. What you get is a bunch of private dealers that will sell you a bike which may or may not be assembled to spec, and then when problems come they may or may not be qualified to spot the real problem or they may not be inclined to fix it right. My experience has taught me to avoid the service department and to seek out other mechanics. But my problems may be specifically related to the shop I bought it from and not a reflection on Lifan itself. the bikes themselves are sturdy and low tech. It is not too difficult to do your own repairsr if you are handy.

I had an awesome time on mine yesterday way out in the sticks.

Do a search - there are 2 threads. One by a happy owner, the other one names quality control issues and you share tales of the bikes being returned to the shop.

Chris

Thanks. Looks like a good idea not to buy one.

They are also very cheap, half price of a kwaka?

Most of the issues listed do not seem to be beyond the scope of backyard maintanance and some common sense.

• 4 weeks later...