Top Ten Proofs You Have Been Acculturated In Thailand

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the traffic light goes red 5 cars in front of you, but you think you can still make it through safely.

When you stop at a red traffic light, the car behind hits you, and you agree it is your fault for not running the red light.

When the traffic light goes red you just sit there and don't give a monkeys about 200 motorbikes turning right, on opposite side of road to you, making it impossible to progress forward!

Edited by beerchang
  • Like 1

When you're sleeping with two sisters and everyone has breakfast together.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

<deleted>? My 'depth checker' would be hanging from a helium balloon should wifey find out something like that! (Her sister's bloody hot too! Aah well, made me bed. Lol!)

Off topic slightly

My wife once suggested I marry her sister as well, so we could all live together.

They even got their fathers permission. (I've avoided it but the offer is still on the table)

Actually not off topic!

When your wife suggests you marry her sister, all the family think it is a good idea, and you consider doing it.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

When you're sleeping with two sisters and everyone has breakfast together.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

<deleted>? My 'depth checker' would be hanging from a helium balloon should wifey find out something like that! (Her sister's bloody hot too! Aah well, made me bed. Lol!)

Off topic slightly

My wife once suggested I marry her sister as well, so we could all live together.

They even got their fathers permission. (I've avoided it but the offer is still on the table)

Actually not off topic!

When your wife suggests you marry her sister, all the family think it is a good idea, and you consider doing it.

I have to say. when my wife suggests that, I'll be skating around the rink with El Diablo!rolleyes.gif

When you think it is ok to throw any rubbish over the garden wall into a neighbors uncleared land.

When you spend 1/2 an hour in silent prayer, waving incense sticks, in front of some Buddha icons, hoping your prayers will be answered with the lotto numbers.

When you see a naked toddler in a shop having his penis tickled by complete strangers and laugh along with everyone else.

• Like 1

When you think it is ok to throw any rubbish over the garden wall into a neighbors uncleared land.

When you spend 1/2 an hour in silent prayer, waving incense sticks, in front of some Buddha icons, hoping your prayers will be answered with the lotto numbers.

When you see a naked toddler in a shop having his penis tickled by complete strangers and laugh along with everyone else.

I once saw a man pick up his toddler nephew and suck his genitalia into his mouth. I don't care how much I learn about Thai culture, this will never be acceptable to me. Also seeng women grabbing the genitalia of adolescent boys and girls - make me cringe. <deleted>??!!

When your farang friend offers you an excellent glass of single malt scotch and you procede to add soda water and ice to the glass before plonking a straw in it to sip

Edited by xthAi76s
  • Like 1

When you think a satisfying shave is smearing some shrimp and lime scented sticky gel foam on your face and going over it with a woefully weak 2000 rpm electric shaver and then spending 30 minutes picking out the hairs the electric missed with a pair of tweezers...

When you can enjoy a completely flat coke or pepsi served out of a 10 year old dirty glass bottle while sitting out in the heat on tiny "chairs" designed for 6 year old kids.

• Like 1

When you genuinely start to believe that any woman you encounter, whether a bank officier, hotel front desk staff or university professor can be purchased for some amount of cash that you have. And when you entertain how to approach her with your offer.

• Like 1

When you think it's more important to wash your feet rather than your hands.

I wish that visitors would wash their feet. When the bathroom floor is wet it can look like a bucket of mud has been smeared over the floor.

So back to the topic....

When you often walk around outside with no shoes

When you think it's more important to wash your feet rather than your hands.

I wish that visitors would wash their feet. When the bathroom floor is wet it can look like a bucket of mud has been smeared over the floor.

So back to the topic....

When you often walk around outside with no shoes

True.

You can't understand why any farang would "lose money" on a car seat (and a car!) for the safety of their baby, when having the wife hold the baby between you and her while on a motorbike is completely rational and safe, because even if there is an accident, no matter how horrible, it is fate, or karma.

When, even in your relative wealth, out of principle, you avoid purchasing anything important in Thailand as the price performance is among the worst in the world (due in no small part to the monkeys in the customs department). So, you instead start querying your travelling friends and family to carry ordered items back into Thailand for you in their luggage.

When, even in your relative wealth, out of principle, you avoid purchasing anything important in Thailand as the price performance is among the worst in the world (due in no small part to the monkeys in the customs department). So, you instead start querying your travelling friends and family to carry ordered items back into Thailand for you in their luggage.

Indeed, my mum brought 6 cans of deodorant for me, amongst other random things, including a bike pump, cadburys choc buttons, a xena bike lock etc etc, with her from the UK last month... :)