Name And Shame Thai Visa 'Holiday List'

473geo

I think that being able to easily determine if someone is banned / suspended would be useful. In the past I've tried sending private messages, wondering why I have not received any reply, only to find out that the person was temporarily suspended.

I think that being able to easily determine if someone is banned / suspended would be useful. In the past I've tried sending private messages, wondering why I have not received any reply, only to find out that the person was temporarily suspended.

They get them when only suspended and can reply.

Edited by transam

I see that the IanForbes account has been deactivated, he is not showing as banned but the account is no longer available in a way that I havent seen before.

Edited by theblether

I see that the IanForbes account has been deactivated, he is not showing as banned but the account is no longer available in a way that I havent seen before.

I noticed that. You can't even search for him in members

IanForbes was highly active and highly rated by many however he did seem to fail to understand a couple of the rules and he constantly violated them.

I want to take this chance to salute Ian for the sterling work and entertainment that he brought with him.

• Like 2

Yeah, you're right. Strange...

Maybe being able to deactivate a member like this is a new feature introduced in one of the recent upgrades? All the posts remain, but the member can't be viewed, clicked on or searched for (other than by searching for his username in thread contents).

My wife reads this forum and has often become shocked at some of the idiotic comments some posters have made against Thai's and Thai women on this forum. Luckily we have not all been tarred by the same brush and my wife also recognises the positive aspects in many of the posts as well as being able to filter out the idiots who try to ruin a thread or topic where intentions run high...

Upon recently finding out that one member in particular had been banned I'm of the understanding that the credibility of this forum improved in her opinion.

My wife also reads Panthip - Where they have to register with their ID details and once banned cannot re-establish membership unless with fake ID. I'm sure this type of membership would lead to a more boring but far less controversial content. Insults and flames would certainly be cut down and he downright idiotic and insensitive would certainly hold back.

I for one believe that many of the topics would be far more sensitive should be also have to provide our own picture as an avatar - However, I like many, enjoy my privacy and would simply choose not to participate....

The only compromise - Ban the idiots once they have outed themselves.

Additional note: Some topics are closed a little prematurely and miss the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, you're right. Strange...

Maybe being able to deactivate a member like this is a new feature introduced in one of the recent upgrades? All the posts remain, but the member can't be viewed, clicked on or searched for (other than by searching for his username in thread contents).

I can see the point of not removing the members content as it would render many previous topics unintelligible...............so to Forum Support, is deactivation the new banning?