What Is Your Experience With Airport Rail?

farang000999

Going from Phaya Thai BTS to international departure what is the time estimate? I will not have any luggage. I would like to avoid Somchai doing 140km in the right lane. Just wondering what the general consensus about the Airport is. Will I be standing for the entire trip like the BTS? How long does it take? Is ticketing fast? Thanks.

20-30 minutes if I remember correctly, depending on Express or City Line. The City Line has surprisingly frequent departures, but is sometimes very full.

Edited by zakk9

I've never had a problem getting a seat on it, but I had to travel out during the day so the train wasn't too full.

Ticketing is incredibly easy and fast.

The walk from the BTS up to the Airlink platform is, in my opinion, too long. I'm fit and don't mind the walk, but there's really no reason for it (except poor planning maybe).

You should take the Express - the other line makes too many stops.

• Like 1

I've never had a problem getting a seat on it, but I had to travel out during the day so the train wasn't too full.

The walk from the BTS up to the Airlink platform is, in my opinion, too long. I'm fit and don't mind the walk, but there's really no reason for it (except poor planning maybe).

Never!

Poor planning?

Impossible!

Planning in Thailand is ALWAYS meticulous, and very much as wanted.

Not your wants, of course, but anyone having profit from the meticulous planning.

Never!

Poor planning?

Impossible!

Planning in Thailand is ALWAYS meticulous, and very much as wanted.

Not your wants, of course, but anyone having profit from the meticulous planning.

Too long? Jeez, some people on here will moan about anything, they really will. So tell me Mr Planning Critic, exactly how would you have planned it so the stations were less than the 200 metres apart they are now? It really is a momumental cock-up by the Thais this one, oh yes.

Don't try changing from Makkasan to 'nearby' Petchaburi MTS station please - we'll never hear the last of it!passifier.gif

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

Was quite pleased by the service. Took the express about 1:00 pm. Lots of seats and the

trip took 20 min. or so. Got off the train and took the BTS to my hotel. Was very pleased.

If I had more luggage not sure how it would be.

I really quite like it.... I use the express service nearly everytime I come up to Bangkok. It is cheap and rapid. It connects easily for me to the BTS and that goes within a 5 minute walk from the hotel without any changes.

I'll be on it this evening and again tomorrow morning on my way to Vietnam. thumbsup.gif

Phaya Thai does the express go there?, i used it friday and sure it did not, think it terminates at makasaan

i used it from Airport to Phaya Thai on friday 51 bhat i think was the price, it gets crowded, or always is when i use it, but if if your on at the first station should get a seat easy enough. the walk from the BTS well i never really thought it was to far, mabye be with luggage yes with a few steps but its only a couple of hundred yards at most and under cover if i rememebr rightly. for me its a great service. i live in pattaya but always park at airport then link to bts. in nana in 2 hours from leaving home.

8 stations 30 minutes

The express line ends/originates at the Makassan station, two stops from PhayaThai station, and is bt90 one way. The City line ends/originates at the PhayaThai station, taking 30 minutes (10 minutes slower than the express line) to get to the airport at bt40 one way. It is currently the cheapest way to get either to, or from the airport into the city.

If you get in line to the front waiting for the next train you will get a seat as it is the originating station, so no one will be on the train from previous stations. I use it extensively from the Ratchaprarop station, living just a few blocks away, and traveling out of the country frequently on business.

The express line ends/originates at the Makassan station, two stops from PhayaThai station, and is bt90 one way. The City line ends/originates at the PhayaThai station, taking 30 minutes (10 minutes slower than the express line) to get to the airport at bt40 one way. It is currently the cheapest way to get either to, or from the airport into the city.

If you get in line to the front waiting for the next train you will get a seat as it is the originating station, so no one will be on the train from previous stations. I use it extensively from the Ratchaprarop station, living just a few blocks away, and traveling out of the country frequently on business.

You obviously have not ridden the Air Link in quite some time. For close to a year now, their is also an express from the airport to Phyatai, with a MUCH better connection (read: a real connection) to the Sky Train than the urban trek through areas never intended for pedestrians that makes up the "connection" from Makkasan to Phetchburi subway station...