Still Looking For A House - Budget 1 Million

radiola

I was thinking of buying a house in bang saray? is that area better than pattaya and cheaper?

I think the beach is perfect, cleaner. How much do the bungalows cost.

What about the rent for bungalows? How much do they go for?

There is no "Bang Saray" forum, only a Pattaya Forum and an Eastern Thailand Forum.

As for the OP. You may have to increase your budget to 2 Million for a decent bungalow. 1 Million may get you a 2 bedroomed property. There are many new-build villages along Sukhumvit Road between Baan Amphur and Sattahip

One post with a reference to another website has been removed from view. Per forum rules:

10) Not to post commercial spam or to post any promotional links, URLs or addresses to a member's own business or that would lead people to your site. Not to post URL links to other forums . Not to flood, post commercial or for-profit advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and similar solicitations. Any member who violates this prohibition will be banned from all forums on this website.Advertisers are the only members allowed to post links, URL's or addresses to their sites.

Courtesy of those who must be obeyed I had a post removed showing a Bang Saray forum web link ......so to find the web link yourself Google "Bang Saray forum" and it will take you to the said forum.....it's only a smallish site but you might find it useful..

Bang Saray it a nice place to live but it is growing at a staggering pace ..4/5 maybe more sets of condo's being built as we speak ....

2 storey, 2 bedroom Townhouses in the development next door to Sabai Village 1 in Huay Yai for 750,000 Baht, i can never remember the name of the project but see the attached map link for location. http://g.co/maps/dxmk3

The name is Kittima Garden Home, just passed it now, good price for a new townhouse in a secure development.

MG! Sounds like you don't know the area very well. Don't buy a hoiuse until you have rented in the area. There are all kinds of factors to consider...neighbors...future neighbors (including shops and bars )... closeness to stores... the list goes on and on. And when you do consider the house through a real estate agent, they have it listed more than the real asking price.

• Like 1

You get what you pay for and 1 Mil aint gonna get you a house in Bang Saray, ..there are now 8 condos under construction and a 25sqm unfurnished costs at least 780,000...Land is scarce as most on the West side of Suk is either taken or Navy land...go out in the boonies a bit and you may get a nice shack with plenty ventilation and furry friends in your price range.

25sqm !!!!!.....surely this is the doghouse, not the actual condo !

Thats exactly what I was trying to point out...a 25sqm condo is almost a million, yet the OP wants a bungalow, no doubt with seaview, fully furnished and a nice plot of land for the same price....he just wont get a house at that price in Bang Saray.

I think some people fail to understand the dynamics between house and condo prices in Thailand. Condo prices are relatively much higher than house prices, most likely due to the fact that foreigners can legally buy and own condos but not houses.

Of course you won't get sea view for a million, but it's easily possible to get a nice townhouse for a million while a one-million condo is usually the size of a shoebox.

I think some people fail to understand the dynamics between house and condo prices in Thailand. Condo prices are relatively much higher than house prices, most likely due to the fact that foreigners can legally buy and own condos but not houses.

Of course you won't get sea view for a million, but it's easily possible to get a nice townhouse for a million while a one-million condo is usually the size of a shoebox.

No million Baht townhouses in Bang Saray..triple that and you will get somewhere about 1km from the beach..the OP wants a bungalow so that would suggest more land.Yes condos are more expensive and not because foreigners can buy as Thai ownership is just as expensive, it was just an example of how high prices are in the area,