My Bubble Has Burst

nocturn

after many years here, i thought i knew it all.

i thought i had found the woman i loved.

she was indifferent to money.

she is a great mother.

she never asked for anything.

so i woke up this morning and the pajero was gone.

the jazz was gone.

my kid was gone,

and the joint account was empty.

i thought it could never happen to me.

Edited by nocturn
  • Like 1

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to many posts for a troll, and sorry to hear this has happened .....

chin up, dont let it get to you , life is full of downs, just look for the ups !!!, make sure you stay close to your friends and you will get through it !, similiar things have happened to most TV members, just none want to admit

take care

Boater

• Like 1

chin up, dont let it get to you , life is full of downs, just look for the ups !!!, make sure you stay close to your friends and you will get through it !, similiar things have happened to most TV members, just none want to admit

take care

Boater

Guess at the moment one of the things you have to do is look after number 1...yourself

• Like 1

take care

Boater

Guess at the moment one of the things you have to do is look after number 1...yourself

agree, and that is why also best to seek refuse with your friends,,, best thing to do

take care

Boater

agree, and that is why also best to seek refuse with your friends,,, best thing to do

And the next practical step....any other bank accounts she can get her fingers into ?.....if so change the pin numbers, if her credit card on your name, cancel it, and finally change the locks on the house.

It really sucks, but just be thankful that you woke up. A few years ago I Had a Canadian friend that worked offshore. He married a Thai, moved to a quiet place in Ranong, built a house, built her mother a house, bought her and her mother cars, had a kid in the "bread basket", he really thought life was great. Someone broke into his house one night and shot him in the head. They caught the people that did it. The "trigger man" was his wife's uncle, the leader was his wife. The last message on her uncle's cell phone was from her, roughly translated, "do it know, he's drunk and asleep". How could something that he thought was so good go so wrong? A couple of months before, he changed his beneficiary on his $1,000,000 life insurance policy from his brother in Canada to his wife I had known the girl for a long time before he married her and would have never guessed, she was really a nice girl.

So sad to read that, however i am glad you are still here with us and alive, usually we see very different endings in this kind of situation....

So, first thing is to make sure she can't steal anything else from you, then reorganize yourself and try to get back what is legally belonging to you.

Were you legally married? To which name are those cars registered to?

Do not give up, these scammers keep acting on this way because people don't fight back and they are sure to get a free meal without putting too much effort into it.

Do you have any sort of income to keep you going?

There's at least two sides to every story.

But the OP has put his finger on the issue - "Delusion" - It plays a large part in almost all of these tales of woe.

My advice to the OP - Baton the hatches, change the locks, move any money you have left or have coming out of her reach and then focus on getting access to your child(ren).

And stay off the sauce for a while - There's nothing but more woes down that road when you are going through something like this.

Edited by GuestHouse
  • Like 1

You probably meant "refuge" ;) No need for him to look for trash with his buddies

Or was that a hint :)

OP hang in there.....The Ruins To the Right Of You Will Soon Have Lost Sight Of You

Dust yourself off & dont do anything hasty

It really sucks, but just be thankful that you woke up. A few years ago I Had a Canadian friend that worked offshore. He married a Thai, moved to a quiet place in Ranong, built a house, built her mother a house, bought her and her mother cars, had a kid in the "bread basket", he really thought life was great. Someone broke into his house one night and shot him in the head. They caught the people that did it. The "trigger man" was his wife's uncle, the leader was his wife. The last message on her uncle's cell phone was from her, roughly translated, "do it know, he's drunk and asleep". How could something that he thought was so good go so wrong? A couple of months before, he changed his beneficiary on his $1,000,000 life insurance policy from his brother in Canada to his wife I had known the girl for a long time before he married her and would have never guessed, she was really a nice girl.

a million DOLLARS ? He put a million dollars bounty on his own head ?? 30 million thb !!!! i would be more surprised if the thais DIDNT collect it ......

There's got to be more to this story, i.e., the "why's?" Perhaps Khun Nocturn can get to the bottom of this and share with the readership what happened and why. Surely the pieces will start to add up as to what led to this....if she really is gone forever.

Life goes on. It's painful to say the least but the sun will always come up in the morning. You are certainly NOT in this situation alone. It happens all too often.

It's sonkran perhaps she's just visiting family

with the kid ?

without even telling him ?

taking both cars ?

draining the joint accounts?

are u serious ?

Tut tut it's called light hearted banter

As Berkshire said there is obviously more to this

Do you seriously think they have been living in bliss for however long and then suddenly in the middle of night she disappears with 2 cars and the kid and the op slept straight through it didn't hear a thing.......

• Like 1

if those vehicles are in her name ,forget about them (legally hers to keep /trade /sell etc )

if they are in your name ,report them stolen and collect insurance cheque

Not true if really legally married. then things are split 50/50

time to get a lawyer it sounds to me

if those vehicles are in her name ,forget about them (legally hers to keep /trade /sell etc )

if they are in your name ,report them stolen and collect insurance cheque

Not true if really legally married. then things are split 50/50

time to get a lawyer it sounds to me

She has vanished in the middle of the night with all the money and cars ! did you forget to read the first post ?

You think shes going to come back to have a divorce so she can pay him back 50% ? :)

There's got to be more to this story, i.e., the "why's?" Perhaps Khun Nocturn can get to the bottom of this and share with the readership what happened and why. Surely the pieces will start to add up as to what led to this....if she really is gone forever.

If it could be moderated well, then perhaps yes. Otherwise, I think it might turn into a bit of blood sport.

There's at least two sides to every story.

But the OP has put his finger on the issue - "Delusion" - It plays a large part in almost all of these tales of woe.

My advice to the OP - Baton the hatches, change the locks, move any money you have left or have coming out of her reach and then focus on getting access to your child(ren).

And stay off the sauce for a while - There's nothing but more woes down that road when you are going through something like this.

I speak with the voice of authority due to experience imbibing of the sauce can make you look like a victim and every one else a predator. For some it is defiantly a road to sorrow.

Sorry don't mean to make accusations just stating my experience and it was in Canada not Thailand Were the women are so insecure you can never predict what they will do. Don't get me wrong I have had a Thai wife for 6 years and can still be mystified by some of her actions.

i have managed to retain ownership of almost all my assets in thailand

The apartments i own are in my name

Cars ,Motorcycles ,Bank accounts etc al in my name

If i die ,there is no huge insurance can be collected by any thai person

I am generous with cash but not to the point of stupidity ,i have never bought a house for my wifes family or given them a few million as a gift

i will not buy a house or land i might lose in a dispute later

bottom line ,my partner leaves in the morning ,shes leaving with her clothes and a suitcase,and on public transport smile.png

If you dont protect yourself ,legally and financialy ,nobody else is going to ......

I guess I am fortunate in that I don't buy any thing here or in North America I can not walk away from.

I would do thee same as you in a relationship where she was just a companion. But I Love my wife and have been making avenues for her to continue with the life I have been able to give her so far.

My only worry is the idea of saving for a rainy day is not part of the Thai culture.

But I have made it possible for her children to take care of her with the good jobs they were able to attain with money I gave them for schooling.

Right or wrong I feel that when I married into a Thai family I was buying the whole package,