Cheap Flight Next Month Bkk-London Return

smokie36

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wanting to hijack but has anyone ever flown Air China? Are they as bad as I think they are?

Hijacking aside..could be relevant to the OP as someone has already pointed out why save a few bob when the 'experience' can be terrible.

I used air china once many yrs ago & the experience was sooo bad I threw my return ticket away and re-booked with a decent airline.

I feel the same. Saving a couple of thousand Baht only to spend 15 hours sitting on the floor of an airport is not my idea of a good deal.

Anyone can confirm there is a hotel offered in Columbo by SriLankan Airways?

Go onto their website, click "flying with us" and then "night stop" and that should confirm that provided your stopover is between 8-24 hours and that you dont hold two separate tickets, then with the compliments of the airline you will indeed be put up and fed in a hotel.

licklips.gif

I recently looked at "cheaptickets" website and Aeroflot had a flight for 25K Baht, it involved a 15 hour wait in Moscow before connecting with London flight. What would one do with themselves in Moscow I wonder.

ph34r.png

Niteflight. Club, not an exhortation to go overnight!

I thought you never flew cattle class, Smokie. Nice to see you mixing it with us cheap Charlies

Ah nice of you to pop by...oh cheapest of charlies....how about letting me know the super cheap deal then?

If you ever go there (Nightflite) you will realise that when it comes to the good times I am not the Cheap Charlie I am painted on TV drunk.gif

Not wanting to hijack but has anyone ever flown Air China? Are they as bad as I think they are?

Hijacking aside..could be relevant to the OP as someone has already pointed out why save a few bob when the 'experience' can be terrible.

I used air china once many yrs ago & the experience was sooo bad I threw my return ticket away and re-booked with a decent airline.

I feel the same. Saving a couple of thousand Baht only to spend 15 hours sitting on the floor of an airport is not my idea of a good deal.

Anyone can confirm there is a hotel offered in Columbo by SriLankan Airways?

Go onto their website, click "flying with us" and then "night stop" and that should confirm that provided your stopover is between 8-24 hours and that you dont hold two separate tickets, then with the compliments of the airline you will indeed be put up and fed in a hotel.

Thanks champken. It does state that "you may be entitled" which aint good enough for me so will give them a call and let ya know the ins and outs hopefully.

I notice on Skytrax that some people have been refused this at the desk in Columbo.

Jet airways 32k

Eithad 33500

The rest are more...

Sri lankan air, if you fancy an overnight....VN Air not really an option I think. Limited flights not everyday. And for end of May some of the dates only have business class left

Have just checked atninter website and the Eva Air one month fare is 17,200baht plus taxes if there are seats available.

Fare is for departures 1 May to 15 June.

Deal #9.

http://www.atninter.com/promotion/index.php?heads=LHR&headss=LONDON%20(LHR)

There is a problem with their site at the moment and it will not quote the fare. I would assume it will not get fixed until they return to work on Tuesday.

Anyway, checking the booking I made with Eva through atninter a couple of weeks ago the taxes I paid were 12,635baht.

Add the taxes to the fare, and in theory the fare should be about 29,835/person all inclusive.

Check it out on Tuesday to see if the site will quote the fare or give them a call. The guy I dealt with, his name was Lee.

Sorry, I should have mentioned in Post#75 the payment is:

Quoted fare is cash doing a bank transfer, or +2% using a credit card, I think.

Edited by UbonOz

EVA air thb 29,900 if you pay cash

2% on top if paying by credit card

quite similar price to what ubonoz posted (difference of a 100 baht or so I think..)

quite similar price to what ubonoz posted (difference of a 100 baht or so I think..)

That's a good price for direct flight. How about a link please?

That's a good price for direct flight. How about a link please?

Yes that is an interesting price which for me wanting a one way is coming out at 17800b inclusive.

I might risk hanging on for a couple of weeks and see if something else comes up but i am a bit worried with it being the olympics this year that deals may be harder to get, still kicking myself that i didnt book with srilankan for 15400b which was on offer about a week ago

www.tvairbookings.com

reliable. have used them in the past. they have been around for years too

ohh and in very convenient locations around bkk:

Central Chidlom

Emporium

Silom Road (far end, towards the river)

• Like 1