Cheap Flight Next Month Bkk-London Return

smokie36

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently looked at "cheaptickets" website and Aeroflot had a flight for 25K Baht, it involved a 15 hour wait in Moscow before connecting with London flight. What would one do with themselves in Moscow I wonder.

ph34r.png

Niteflight. Club, not an exhortation to go overnight!

I thought you never flew cattle class, Smokie. Nice to see you mixing it with us cheap Charlies

Ah nice of you to pop by...oh cheapest of charlies....how about letting me know the super cheap deal then?

Got excited by your 25k rate for a minute there Smokie. I was almost ready to book an impromptu holiday myself!

But alas.....should have known theres always a catch and can't trust a yid :P

Got excited by your 25k rate for a minute there Smokie. I was almost ready to book an impromptu holiday myself!

But alas.....should have known theres always a catch and can't trust a yid tongue.png

I felt like Comolli there when i realised the true price lol...

pm 'd you .......you wont get better mate and Oman air is ok have done it with them a few times

Interesting stuff but for the dates given by the OP I've only come up with a rtn flight costing over 40k with Oman (thats with the rtn trip of 25 hrs!) and cheapest I can see is with Jet airways at 32400. I'm really interested to see how this turns out so keep us informed

Got 32k with Jet Airways via Kayak. They are supposed to be quite good.

Yeah Jet are coming up constantly at that price. Might well turn out the best option.

I just don't fancy the Mumbai stopover much.

Look at timings, often long stop in India

I've had on a few occasions gone to travel agents thinking they would know best. And they probably do. BUT and it's a big but, they dont always want to give you the best deal. I've not once had an agent tell me of special deals unless I specifically mention one I had heard about from other source.

Anyhow.....back on topic.....

I dont know biggrin.png but would check EVA

Was the etihad fair you got inincluding fuel surcharge etc?

I came out with Arsenal Airways ( Emirates ) found them to be very good, with just a 2 hour stop over, woth a try.

I recently looked at "cheaptickets" website and Aeroflot had a flight for 25K Baht, it involved a 15 hour wait in Moscow before connecting with London flight. What would one do with themselves in Moscow I wonder.

ph34r.png

I would suggest a ride on the underground and quick march round Red Square, then into Macdonalds for lunch. Edited by exeter

ph34r.png

I would suggest a ride on the underground and quick march round Red Square, then into Macdonalds for lunch.

Or get smashed on Vodka.

OP, ive just been back on Srilankan website and for the dates you want its 29500b inclusive. The stopovers are quite long but they do provide you with free hotel accomodation.

p.s. ive flown with this airline a number of times and i have always found them to be ok, and i actually quite like having the nights accomodation there as it not only breaks up the journey but also means you are refreshed for the second part

• Like 2

OP, ive just been back on Srilankan website and for the dates you want its 29500b inclusive. The stopovers are quite long but they do provide you with free hotel accomodation.

p.s. ive flown with this airline a number of times and i have always found them to be ok, and i actually quite like having the nights accomodation there as it not only breaks up the journey but also means you are refreshed for the second part

Thanks for this...by far the most attractive deal so far! smile.png

I think the Sri Lankan people have changed things. Their flight out of bkk now seems to leave at night get to Colombo early morning and then theres many hours day time layover. With no hotel perhaps?

At least thats what it was when I looked last week. Might have another look

Not wanting to hijack but has anyone ever flown Air China? Are they as bad as I think they are?

Hijacking aside..could be relevant to the OP as someone has already pointed out why save a few bob when the 'experience' can be terrible.

I used air china once many yrs ago & the experience was sooo bad I threw my return ticket away and re-booked with a decent airline.

Not wanting to hijack but has anyone ever flown Air China? Are they as bad as I think they are?

Hijacking aside..could be relevant to the OP as someone has already pointed out why save a few bob when the 'experience' can be terrible.

I used air china once many yrs ago & the experience was sooo bad I threw my return ticket away and re-booked with a decent airline.

I feel the same. Saving a couple of thousand Baht only to spend 15 hours sitting on the floor of an airport is not my idea of a good deal.

Anyone can confirm there is a hotel offered in Columbo by SriLankan Airways?