The Best Dentist In Town

iEATgingerKIDS

Hua Hin and Cha am have many dentists, personal experience, they really dont know what they are doing...a little bit further for you but behind Big C in Petchaburi is a very good dentist that is qualified in everything and speaks fluent English..also prices are cheaper but the main factor is the quality of dentistry..very good, if not better that Europe..if you want to go there its about 500 yards past Big C on the Right

Edited by PattayaPhom

i went to the dentist 100 m or so before market village..... she did her assessment, and whilst laughing quite a lot, told me i needed 17 fillings!!

i dont even have tooth ache!!

i am going to wait for a second opinion when i go home, as at 500B a pop per filling it would be cheaper at home

PS the last 3 times i have been to dentist in UK she said my teeth were great

I went to Prasert a few weeks ago near the Shell up by soi 60-ish but on the other side of the road, pretty much opposite Backyard Steak House and just before the PTT gas station near Soi 45.

Here's a link to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prasert-dental-clinic/101801809906088.

I just had a teeth clean which was around 800 baht I think. The service and results were good. I chose this one as it's near my house but I couldn't really tell you how it compares to any other dentists as it's the only one I've used here in a few years. However, it's a darn sight cheaper than the same service in the UK for which I used to pay about £45 (2,250 baht)!

• 2 weeks later...

Avoid S-Smile on Phetchkasem just north of Chomsin. Higher prices than most, slow and a 2nd visit required to properly fit a crown for my wife (needed to grind a high spot down). She was in the chair 4 hours the second time.,

About 2 years ago I finally decided to get dentures. I needed 18 extractions.

I'm old. More than 1 dentist told me they would only do 2 extractions per visit and wait 1 week between visits.

So I looked through the dental related threads and found good recommendations for "Dr Dang" in Bangkok. Her dental surgeon did the lowers one afternoon and the uppers 2 days later. She actually asked if I wanted the uppers lowers done on the same day, but I had already been in the chair for 2 hours for x-rays, impressions, extractions. They fit the dentures on day 4.

Price wasn't that bad either.

Go to a pro instead of the clowns.

• 6 months later...

hey guys...... re the assessment the dentist in hua hin gave me telling me i needed 17 fillings....

i am now in uk and have just returned from my NHS dentist here...... her analysis is that i need one filling

i cant believe the lady in hua hin wanted to carry out all the work when it wasnt needed...... i know in her practice one has to pay by the tooth facia, so a corner of a tooth can count as 3 fillings (as it consists of 3 sides of the tooth), but even with that in mind she was going to do work on 6 or more teeth......

i wonder how often this will happen at other dentists, and also down at the doctors....... crazy.gif

Avoid S-Smile on Phetchkasem just north of Chomsin. Higher prices than most, slow and a 2nd visit required to properly fit a crown for my wife (needed to grind a high spot down). She was in the chair 4 hours the second time.,

Thats interesting. Do you mean the place that is opposite Market Village? Well... More opposite the school I guess. I paid no attention to the name of the place but I have had a root canal on one tooth. Im going back early December for what will be my third visit for one root canal. I thought it was strange but now you have said this, its making me think if three visits for one RT is over kill?

First one lasted about an hour, they took out the nerve and put a temp seal in. Sent me home, new appointment made for 3 weeks later. 2000 baht fee.

Second visit, did the actual root canal. New appointment booked for 3 weeks later. 3000 baht fee.

Third visit is coming up where apparently they are going to fill it with stuff and seal it. Im guessing 2 to 3000 baht again.

So all in all.... Three visits, around 3 hours, 8 or 9000 baht.

Bloody expensive isnt it?

The best dentist in Hua Hin imho is Hua Hin Dental Clinic on the corner of Soi 104. Reasonable prices and very very gentle; I had a filling last week without an injection and never felt anything at all during or afterwards. I have been using this dentish for 5 years now

Thats interesting. Do you mean the place that is opposite Market Village? Well... More opposite the school I guess. I paid no attention to the name of the place but I have had a root canal on one tooth. Im going back early December for what will be my third visit for one root canal. I thought it was strange but now you have said this, its making me think if three visits for one RT is over kill?

First one lasted about an hour, they took out the nerve and put a temp seal in. Sent me home, new appointment made for 3 weeks later. 2000 baht fee.

Second visit, did the actual root canal. New appointment booked for 3 weeks later. 3000 baht fee.

Third visit is coming up where apparently they are going to fill it with stuff and seal it. Im guessing 2 to 3000 baht again.

No, S-Smile is on Phetchkasem going north just past Chomsin Road. Avoid, expensive and sloppy. My wife would never go back. I had cleaning done last Feb. at Dr. Pasert's and it was good enough that I will return.

Edited by johnnyk

A few visits for a root canal treatment is typical. You may incur further expense if you need to have a crown fitted to it.

A proper root canal generally takes three visits, at least that's my experience.

• 1 year later...

Define best? Prosthetics for dental are made from a mold and even the high -end dentists pay minimum wage workers with a week of hands-on training. Often, all dentists in a neighborhood use the same shop if not made in house. Paying more is no guarantee regardless of the country you are in, but Thailand and Phils especially.

Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

hey guys...... re the assessment the dentist in hua hin gave me telling me i needed 17 fillings....

i am now in uk and have just returned from my NHS dentist here...... her analysis is that i need one filling

i cant believe the lady in hua hin wanted to carry out all the work when it wasnt needed...... i know in her practice one has to pay by the tooth facia, so a corner of a tooth can count as 3 fillings (as it consists of 3 sides of the tooth), but even with that in mind she was going to do work on 6 or more teeth......

i wonder how often this will happen at other dentists, and also down at the doctors....... crazy.gif

Answer: depends completely on the scrupples of the dentist regardless where you are. Same happens in USA. Just get 2nd opinions, or alrernatively, get panorama x-ray at hospital then go to the dentist of your choice. The most successful dentists charge the most and do the most per patient while having very nice offices with little waiting.

TheLongShot & others: Root canal PHP2000 in Philippines. Crown PHP4500. Subtract 25% to get the price in Baht (roughly.) May be worth the trip? Yup, same quality as Thailand and USA.

Hua Hin and Cha am have many dentists, personal experience, they really dont know what they are doing...a little bit further for you but behind Big C in Petchaburi is a very good dentist that is qualified in everything and speaks fluent English..also prices are cheaper but the main factor is the quality of dentistry..very good, if not better that Europe..if you want to go there its about 500 yards past Big C on the Right

I use this dentist, I can recommend them also.

I use this dentist, I can recommend them also.

I posted this in another thread yesterday but it's still relevant here. As mentioned I use this dentist and actually went yesterday to have what I thought would be another filling. However, after the dentists examined my teeth he informed me that I didn't need a filling and that I just had sensitive teeth. He said the problem could be easily sorted out by using toothpaste for sensitive teeth and changing my brushing technique.

The dentist explained everything to me in excellent English. Not only that but he was showing me videos and images on teeth and brushing techniques on his tablet computer which was very informative. Now he didn't have to tell me all this - he could of just said that I needed another filling (as I thought was originally the case) just to get some money out of me - but he didn't, very honest indeed.

Best of all - he didn't even charge me as he offers free consultation!! He also gave me a free tube of Sensodyne toothpaste.

A very good dentist just behind Big C in Phetchaburi - well worth a visit if you can travel there from Hua Hin or Big C

• 9 months later...

Hi,

read many reviews of the Hua Hin Dental Clinic on soi 104/2, so I inquired about prices for fillings and got quoted 800 Baht for one composite filling.

As most other dentists in hh (cool smile, s-smile) stating 500 to 600 Baht for the same treatment, I'm wondering if it's worth paying that premium at the hh dental clinic?

I guess I need 15 to 20 of them, so it would get a bit costly for my terms.

Any opinions?

Thanks, Max

• 1 year later...
For simple fillings and cleanings, recommendations from the locals are fine. You can get a decent care at any reputable local clinics. But if there's a major treatment or reconstruction involved, you might have to go to Bangkok to ensure that you'd be getting the best care possible. Thantakit Dental is my favorite. Been to two huge dental clinics already in Bangkok and found Thantakit to be the most impressive. And you're sure that their dentists aren't gonna rip you off. Good luck!

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2012 at 11:22 AM, UKJASE said:

i went to the dentist 100 m or so before market village..... she did her assessment, and whilst laughing quite a lot, told me i needed 17 fillings!!

i dont even have tooth ache!!

i am going to wait for a second opinion when i go home, as at 500B a pop per filling it would be cheaper at home

PS the last 3 times i have been to dentist in UK she said my teeth were great

Had  similar in Bangkok was  told  my teeth were " terrible" went to Uk dentist private and had no work done said  all was ok..............lying money grabbing scum

• 10 months later...
On 11/16/2012 at 2:38 PM, 1huahin said:

The best dentist in Hua Hin imho is Hua Hin Dental Clinic on the corner of Soi 104. Reasonable prices and very very gentle; I had a filling last week without an injection and never felt anything at all during or afterwards. I have been using this dentish for 5 years now

Is that still the case now July 2017?