Tyres

Opposite Tesco, Chaweng. Roadside, so a bit dangerous but regulr pricing.

Also there is a tyre place in Lamai, just past Tesco on the left direction Chaweng.

(Sorry, can't be more accurate as to where it is).

They offered me a 10% discount if I went on a Sunday. Maybe worth a try.

Make sure they agree to balance all four wheels before you agree the price.

There's a place on the Ban Tai side of the ring road near Wat Napalan (Lomprayah Ferry arch) in Mae Nam

another on the road between Fisherman's village and Bang Rak

and another just outside Nathon, on the road that heads towards Lipa Noi

R

Be carefull as there are a lot of Bridgestone tyres that are actually copies.

I ended up with 4 copies on my car, thanks to a tyre dealer at the end of Bangrak.

After 200 klms one exploded whilst only doing a turn.

I did email Bridgestones in Bangkok but they never bothered to reply.

Perhaps the secretary never spoke or read English so it was easier to hit delete.

post-103621-0-31734500-1334693149_thumb.

I ended up with 4 copies on my car, thanks to a tyre dealer at the end of Bangrak.

Perhaps the secretary never spoke or read English so it was easier to hit delete.

Not disputing your statement, but am interested to know how you can tell copies from originals?

I always buy my tyres opposite Tesco.Great service & prices on par with mainland.

Yes, they're the ones I recommended in my earlier post, but make sure balancing is agreed as included in the price.

They had to take my wheels to another garage to balance them and they needed a little 'persuading' to do it without extra charge.

Pardon the pun but you should aim a little higher & let the it roll downhill:)

http://www.bridgestone.com/contact/index.html

Not disputing your statement, but am interested to know how you can tell copies from originals?

I'm not 100% sure they are copies, but if you look at the photo of my tyre that had not even covered 200 kilometers,

how much faith would you place in these tyres ?

A pal of mine just returned from England and he had read that Bridgestone tyres are being copied in Thailand and china,

he took a lot of notice as tyre fitting was his job back home.

I showed him all the photos I have of the burst tyre, and his knowledgable opinion was, due to the fact the internal rubber

looked like it was very soft and had a blistered effect and the way the steel had blown through (something he had never seen in 22 years fitting tyres)

the tyre tread over a section of approx 14 inches it was, either a manufacturing fault which would mean a major recall due to tyres being made in batch's

or the more likely it was a cheap copy.

post-103621-0-95851600-1334750568_thumb.

Edited by starcandle

I have used this guy in Bangrak a few times - but he has always told me that the tyres are second hand. (The price usually gives it away.) I have also seen him selling re-treads there as well. His workers cut the treads by hand on a quiet day! whistling.gif

look more

tire retreads to me AND THEY SALE THEM FOR NEW ONE

you sould return to the shop they have to replace it for free

do you still have invoice?

REGARDS

I took the tyre back and had to wait for 1 week for the boss to return from BKK to inspect the tyre... after he inspected the tyre the staff said they could not raise him on the phone (they never even tried), so being a bit more than hacked off I asked for my tyre back and told them I was going to send it to Bridgestones in BKK, with the most gormless stupid face expression , the fool with no teeth says "ooowwww I put outside for rubbish and someone take" well to say I went into a strop is being nice I told him in worldwide language "that's my fuc###g tyre not yours and I fuc###g want it back" with plenty more expletives included, all their dumb arse expressions now looking a little more serious, then a girl appeared out of the office and said ok come monday I hab new tyre, I thought I was being fobbed off but decided to get out of there as I was starting to get very abgry,,, went back Monday and low and behold there was my new tyre... result

Edited by starcandle

You didn't need to go through all this agro. I hate the way some companies treat customers here, it's like if we are a bunch of absolute idiots, they think you will just disappear.

What else does their comment tell you? They threw out for rubbish. That means it wasn't an original & nil chance of Bridgestone replacing it. If they were lying that also meant they didn't want you to send it.

I went to the place in Bangrak and they basically sell used tyres and re-caps.

They did have a few new tyres but not the size I wanted, they first tried to talk me into a set of used tyres and then a new set of a smaller size. I asked them if they could order what I wanted, Cannot do!

I will try the places in Nathon next week.

Nearly on the same subject, is there any place to get a wheel alignment?

The place in Bangrak does it and so does Dan Auto in Maenam. There is also a new tyre place near the entrance to Big Buddha (opposite side of the road) on the way to Choengmon, but I cannot remember if he does alignment. I wil look when I next go by.

I went to the place in Bangrak and they basically sell used tyres and re-caps.

They did have a few new tyres but not the size I wanted, they first tried to talk me into a set of used tyres and then a new set of a smaller size. I asked them if they could order what I wanted, Cannot do!

I will try the places in Nathon next week.

Try the place opposite Tesco for the tyres.

• 2 weeks later...

look more

tire retreads to me AND THEY SALE THEM FOR NEW ONE

you sould return to the shop they have to replace it for free

do you still have invoice?

REGARDS

I took the tyre back and had to wait for 1 week for the boss to return from BKK to inspect the tyre... after he inspected the tyre the staff said they could not raise him on the phone (they never even tried), so being a bit more than hacked off I asked for my tyre back and told them I was going to send it to Bridgestones in BKK, with the most gormless stupid face expression , the fool with no teeth says "ooowwww I put outside for rubbish and someone take" well to say I went into a strop is being nice I told him in worldwide language "that's my fuc###g tyre not yours and I fuc###g want it back" with plenty more expletives included, all their dumb arse expressions now looking a little more serious, then a girl appeared out of the office and said ok come monday I hab new tyre, I thought I was being fobbed off but decided to get out of there as I was starting to get very abgry,,, went back Monday and low and behold there was my new tyre... result

on tyres there is 4 numbers 2 for the week and 2 for the year EX: 2211 week 22 year 2011

It's on the side In a oval space