Er6N Track Bike

what shop in bkk has the best range of accessories for these bikes? pipes, frame sliders ect

cheers

http://www.k-speed.n...oduct_838177_th

http://www.apshop-racing.com/

moto-play.com

That's the 3 big players in no particular order smile.png

The bizumo exhaust have my attention right now, it's not often a cheap (8000baht) exhaust looks and performs well, cracking exhausts :)

Edited by karlos

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what shop in bkk has the best range of accessories for these bikes? pipes, frame sliders ect

cheers

moto-play.com

The bizumo exhaust have my attention right now, it's not often a cheap (8000baht) exhaust looks and performs well, cracking exhausts smile.png

I like this one.

8000Baht, can't grumble at that :)

I'll be ordering on the 30th (Pay day) biggrin.png

But do i import the Dark Arrow or go for one of these sexy looking Bizumo exhausts? They will both come in at around the same price, the Arrow perhaps a little more if i get the full whack of 30% import duty...

Edited by karlos

I like this one.

8000Baht, can't grumble at that smile.png

But do i import the Dark Arrow or go for one of these sexy looking Bizumo exhausts? They will both come in at around the same price, the Arrow perhaps a little more if i get the full whack of 30% import duty...

just get that one :)

I like this one.

8000Baht, can't grumble at that smile.png

just get that one smile.png

I'm going to pop over to their shop on Rama 2 and take a butchers tomorrow.

It's going to another pricey month for me, need new gloves, as the ones i bought 2 months ago have worn a hole in the leather (same gloves Tony uses) bit pissed off to be honest and hoping Panda Rider will sort the problem out

Some prick knocked my Shoei helmet on the floor at the Kawasaki Dealership, scratching the new 2month old iridium visor up

and the 12,000km service will be due by the end of next week (inc new rear tyre), oh and a trip to Laos too biggrin.png

Ignoring all of the above i bloody hate the stock exhaust and might whack that Bizumo on my credit card biggrin.png

Edited by karlos

cheers

moto-play.com

The bizumo exhaust have my attention right now, it's not often a cheap (8000baht) exhaust looks and performs well, cracking exhausts smile.png

Red Baron, Dirtshop and Moth Racing / Club 517 also carry a fair number of aftermarket parts for the Kawasaki EX650.

FWIW I mod EX650's as a hobby and have some goodies on hand including Arrow, Two Bros, Dynojet PCV + Autotune, rearsets, Spiegler brake lines, EBC brake pads, crash bobbins, clip ons, YSS suspension, and more, all new in box and I'll beat any published price here in Thailand :)

Ride On!

Tony

dsc0878ndSSR.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

For a rookie racer, I would suggest:

First - slicks

Second - brake mods

Third - suspension mods

Forth - power mods

No use progressing until you can use what you have first.

mate I'm sorry but I have to disagree with the first two

putting slicks on without increasing the brake power is in my opinion wrong, track riding is very sore on brakes even on a standard bike and depending on how aggressive you are could result in brake fade, the first thing you do on any bike is make sure the nrakes can do what they're supposed to do at all times, going faster with providing the ability to slow down is not a good idea

In saying that I've never had an ER6N on a track and the brakes may or may not be up to the job in standard form but most people find standard brakes a weakness when stressed to track levels.......................not looking for an argument - just saying :)

My thinking on my last post :

Most rookies can not reach the limits of the stock brakes due to lack of experience. Fit slicks and the boundaries are pushed out, and they can learn to use the brakes to a higher level due to the much better grip afforded by the slicks.

Once they can max brake with the slicks, then it is time for some better brakes. I have seen lots or new racers with deep wallets put on huge brakes without the knowledge to use them. The extra braking gets them into trouble every time.

Edited by seedy

saw a bike the other day with bigger rear tire, obviously changing the rim in order to fit a 190 or so. Is this advisable could it be detrimental to handling in any way?

cheers

Yes, slower turn in and therefore less nimble round bends.

People do it purely for aesthetics :)

Most rookies can not reach the limits of the stock brakes due to lack of experience. Fit slicks and the boundaries are pushed out, and they can learn to use the brakes to a higher level due to the much better grip afforded by the slicks.

Once they can max brake with the slicks, then it is time for some better brakes. I have seen lots or new racers with deep wallets put on huge brakes without the knowledge to use them. The extra braking gets them into trouble every time.

My thinking on your post...... unless you have actually used a bike on track better not to post as your advice is seriously flawed ..bar going to full carbon disks/pads...with most upgrades, you can't go wrong with additional brake power blink.png .... unless you are a hamfisted clown......whistling.gif

Edited by William Osborne
  • Like 1

anyone can hit high speeds on a track and will because we have things called straights - you need brakes as you approach a corner and not in a corner, the first thing that gives on a track are brakes because of the increased demand unlike normal road driving the brakes will heat up and fade, if I took my standard equiped bike on a track right now my first concern would be being able to slow for a corner, nothing worse than going down the main straight at BIRA after several laps doing 250kmph and finding you don't have a brake - doesn't matter if you've slicks on or not - you are in trouble

so - sorry I have to disagree with you 100% and stand by my original post - weakest link on a standard bike on a track are brakes

You wont hit 250km/hr (GPS) at BIRA but close enough (~230km/hr). The stock brakes on the CBR1000rr and good for about 4 flying laps at BIRA until you get brake fade, an upgraded master in a must for any aggressive track riding.

i didn't think you would get 250 km down Bira straight huh.png .... thats <deleted> fast !!

You wont hit 250km/hr (GPS) at BIRA but close enough (~230km/hr). The stock brakes on the CBR1000rr and good for about 4 flying laps at BIRA until you get brake fade, an upgraded master in a must for any aggressive track riding.

i didn't think you would get 250 km down Bira straight huh.png .... thats <deleted> fast !!

Master Jedi that's our Col hehehe.

• 1 month later...

Myself on my er6n are at Bira 2mora with Nick on his 1100 Ducati and Karlos on his er6 Ninja.

I expect Ron to trun up on his 750 GSXR.

Aldro is in Hua Hin on his er6n.

Colin on his new Street fighter is still in Saudi (I think).

Dave on his white er6n 2011 has never been to the track yet, I don't know where he's gone.

Colin, Luke and Tony - Tony is in Nan.

I've also asked my neighbour with his new 795 Ducati but he hasn't replied as yet.

Ought to be a lot of fun if the wet stuff stays away.

I'm keenly following the TT and Moto GP at the mo so I will try and replicate what those lads do, albeit on a MUCH smaller scale. 555

Chain cleaned and lubed, front forks lowered, tyre pressures lowered, Leo Vince silencer removed, GoPro mounts taped up, Nick I think is tyring to buy me a curved GoPro mount for my helmet, Ohlins adjusted and Redex in the tank. All to be tweaked at Bira 2mora.

post-52293-0-91342800-1338703740_thumb.j

See you outside Kawasaki Pattaya Klang at 10am tomorrow morning mate smile.png

Just cleaned the bike, waxed her (the bike) and lube my chain too.

I'll bring my camera and take some pics of some knee down action, as i won't be joining in the track fun until i get some full leathers and boots. I have a Shoei, race gloves and a mesh jacket, but nothing for my lower half just yet.... My dad sold all my gear back in the UK!! Grrrrrrr!!!!!

Plus i'm having to kit out two people, my girlfriend and myself :D

On a more positive note, I can report that the 60km i have covered on that rear Rosso II have inspired even more confidence, what an awesome tyre!! smile.png

Edited by karlos

I'll bring my camera and take some pics of some knee down action, as i won't be joining in the track fun until i get some full leathers and boots. I have a Shoei, race gloves and a mesh jacket, but nothing for my lower half just yet.... My dad sold all my gear back in the UK!! Grrrrrrr!!!!!

Plus i'm having to kit out two people, my girlfriend and myself biggrin.png

On a more positive note, I can report that the 60km i have covered on that rear Rosso II have inspired even more confidence, what an awesome tyre!! smile.png

No worries mate, I will take some Alpinestars trousers for you if you want to do a few laps to rid yer rossos of those nasty chicken strips 555.

Yeh, would love some photos of the bike now.

I managed to find a laptimer on my Nokia so i will cellotape it to the tank and try to press the button over the start/finish line hehehe. Either that or try and follow Nick on his 1100 Monster as he has an in-built laptimer. Ducati posh!!!

Plus i'm having to kit out two people, my girlfriend and myself biggrin.png

No worries mate, I will take some Alpinestars trousers for you if you want to do a few laps to rid yer rossos of those nasty chicken strips 555.

Yeh, would love some photos of the bike now.

I managed to find a laptimer on my Nokia so i will cellotape it to the tank and try to press the button over the start/finish line hehehe. Either that or try and follow Nick on his 1100 Monster as he has an in-built laptimer. Ducati posh!!!

I've got to beat 1:29secs which is what I did last time out with the stock exhaust on and a dodgy rear rosso on :(

As usual though, it's all about having fun and getting me knee doon :)

• Like 1

Our Gregg getting ready for Monday by putting on 30k of trick bits including Brembo calipers and master cylinder - nice! smile.png

post-52293-0-77155200-1339248463_thumb.j

post-52293-0-08390600-1339248479_thumb.j yes that is a full Arrow system hehehe

Edited by NormanW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Renthal Front SprocketThe Irish Road Races were dominated by Ryan Farquhar this year with the help of this bike. Ryan won the Supertwins class riding the ER-6F and set numerous fastest lap times - beating the opposition by a massive 18 seconds.

SPECIFICATION:

ER-6F

Full Arrow Exhaust System (Oval Titanium)

GP Type CLip On Bars

Fairing

Screen

Seat Unit

Power Commander

Goodridge Brake Lines

Rear Sets

Pipercross Air Filter

Seat Foam

Ohlins Rear Shock

Tsubaki 520 Pro Chain

Renthal Rear Sprocket