What'S Your Biggest Achievement Here In Thailand

MediumPaceBowler

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idiot can Father a kid, not Fathering one takes much more control.

My biggest achievement was getting my wife to go from a 12k a month income to a +200k a month income with minimal investment of about 4.8 million baht.

This took about 4 years for HER to achieve.

With 4.8 mio ฿ my wife could generate +400k a month and it would take HER 4 month to do so. So, it's just 120.000. But the question was: What's YOUR biggest achievement here; my answer was deleted because I mentioned homosexuals...

Can someone point out to the OP that this website has a worldwide membership, many of whom ( not I may I add ) have spent decades either previously living in Thailand or visiting Thailand.

So fathering an intelligent boy that doesn't want anything to do with his father is his greatest achievement. I would have been more impressed if the boy loved his father dearly and spent time with him, irrespective of how intelligent he is.

I suggest the breakdown in this relationship is due to the fact that the OP believes that parenthood has no influence upon the child. I think he will find that is the reason why his son wants nothing to do with him, he's got no clue how to be a Dad.

When I can be bothered I'll dig out the topic where the OP stated his opinion about parenting, you'll get an idea of how much of a nutter he is.

Methinks the Blether doesn't like the poster whistling.gif

Might have something there. If this isn't another of his trolls, then I'm not sure what it is. Seems a bit mixed up with his achievements. Quite possible his son is half Thai, half Farang but this must have happened before his Thai-Chinese relationships.

Two of his previous BS threads:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/546163-tell-me-lies-tell-me-sweet-little-lies/

Posted 2012-04-06 22:07:25

My extraordinarily exotic Thai-Chinese girlfriend is playing the short con.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/545275-thai-chinese-girlfriends-temples/

Posted 2012-04-03 02:32:18

This is another new thead that I'm about to start here on Thaivisa.

As you may have guessed, I'm bored.

I'm bored because my exotic Thai-Chinese girlfriend has gone to spend a few days at a temple.

Does it really matter if MPB (the Op) is a fruitcake or not ? How extremely boring TV would be without guys like him. A forum with the same stupid visaquestions, a little Thaibashing, not to forget all our economic experts, who know were gold and the xchangerate is going. This guy is not even trolling, he's taking the p**s and you don't even realize it. So MPB please continuie your postings about your fantastic racecocktail GF. Brightens my day !

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

Any idiot can Father a kid, not Fathering one takes much more control.

Not just any idiot can father a kid. I know several people who spent years, endured countless surgical procedures, and spent millions of baht attempting to have a child. A child, any child, is a blessing, and those of you who have them should thank fate that you were able to accomplish that miracle.

There are millions of people in this world who would give up their lives to be able to do what you have done.

Anyone who thinks children aren't the greatest achievement you can obtain needs to have their priorities readjusted.

Biggest achievement for me would have to be saving a child from drowning. Never really been in an emergency situation before but I learnt basic first-aid in school. Little 5 year old girl who lives near me was in the same swimming pool I attend and I walked in to the pool side to jump in and she was floating face down. Can't even describe how my heart nearly stopped when I saw her but I just sprang into action and got her back. :)

Also, her parents are idiots for letting her use the pool unattended when the pool has no lifeguards :rolls: They were very appreciative towards me though and thanked me.

I haven't been here too long so that's all I can think of for now.

I managed to gain the trust and admiration of my wife's family, and more importantly, of the kids...staying in school is important now when it wasn't before and we now all have hopes and expectations...

I lost one of the nieces when she ran off with a boyfriend at 15 y.o.; she was good in school with lots of potential but then something else took over...I don't recognize her anymore as the girl that I knew and she's in bad shape but I still try to help her when I can...one can't be successful all of the time...

overall I haven't done too bad...got a roof over me heid with AC and me own kitchen and etc...

my greatest achievement? to be honest I don't know maybe I learnt to appreciate my family.

I am one of those <deleted> who don't miss or appreciate family and often spend nights out in friends home. Throwing tantrum, doing stupid things are what I used to do as well, I admit shamefully. I understand many of the posters probably been here in for retirement, relocation etc etc but for me its work that bring me here, and alone too (with my wife actually). I would never thought that I would miss my family, much more calling home apologizing to my family for all the stupid things i done in my young days, and I told them I love them. It was something that I could bring myself to say it for a long time. It was only being here, separated from my family who are always shielding me that brings me to learn and appreciate of kinship

• Like 1

Not killing anyone in a road accident. The day I sold my car (with plans to leave Thailand) it was a pretty big sigh of relief. People drive with no regard for human life in Thailand.

I drive in Thailand every single day and don't know what the h*ll you're talking about.

lol, okay.

Hmmmm. I don't think there's any possible way you can get "innocent" from that word. Unless the Yip dude was talking about a bird of the San Juan Capistrano variety. I very much doubt it, however.

What do you mean, African or European?

Winning sole custody of my two kids so that they lived with me rather than my crazy ex-wife.

Said kids being #1 and #14 (grade wise) in their respective school classes.

Finding the new life partner that made it happen.

Writing and publishing four books last year.

Having ran two businesses in Thailand.

Not being dependant on any pension, fianacial support from anyone in the west.

Learning to speak, read and write the Thai language.

And most importantly trying to remain cool and aware when my nature tells me to have an expat hissy fit.

• Like 1

Hmmmm. I don't think there's any possible way you can get "innocent" from that word. Unless the Yip dude was talking about a bird of the San Juan Capistrano variety. I very much doubt it, however.

I was referring to the "Swallows" of Capistrano who return to said town (in California, USA) every year. But now that the previous offending post(s) have been deleted, folks may be a tad confused as to what I'm talking about.

I was referring to the "Swallows" of Capistrano who return to said town (in California, USA) every year. But now that the previous offending post(s) have been deleted, folks may be a tad confused as to what I'm talking about.

Not sure it counts as a greatest achievement, but my proudest achievement was building and equpping a small school in my wife's home village. We also financed two teachers for two years, before the local government decided they were doing such a good job that they took over the cost of their salaries and basic running costs.

Seperately, I put a small bit of cash away to provide an annual scholarship for one student a year from the village to be able to attend university.

Surprisingly cheap and very very rewarding. The first recipient graduates later this year.

• Like 1

A misbegotten sprog being raised in absentia by a crazy woman is hardly a claim to fame or anything to be proud of....

I think being proud of ones child is admirable, especially under those circumstances. And i agree my child is my greatest achievement.

Agreed, smile.png

Not killing anyone in a road accident. The day I sold my car (with plans to leave Thailand) it was a pretty big sigh of relief. People drive with no regard for human life in Thailand.

I drive in Thailand every single day and don't know what the h*ll you're talking about.

lol, okay.

I'm with Berkshire on this. I drive regularly in Thailand and have done for years. Never an issue - no bumps, no accidents, although I did once reverse into pole but can hardly blame Thai's innate disregard for human life on that.

No different from driving in the US, UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, in my experience.

Can someone point out to the OP that this website has a worldwide membership, many of whom ( not I may I add ) have spent decades either previously living in Thailand or visiting Thailand.

So fathering an intelligent boy that doesn't want anything to do with his father is his greatest achievement. I would have been more impressed if the boy loved his father dearly and spent time with him, irrespective of how intelligent he is.

I suggest the breakdown in this relationship is due to the fact that the OP believes that parenthood has no influence upon the child. I think he will find that is the reason why his son wants nothing to do with him, he's got no clue how to be a Dad.

When I can be bothered I'll dig out the topic where the OP stated his opinion about parenting, you'll get an idea of how much of a nutter he is.

Methinks the Blether doesn't like the poster whistling.gif

Might have something there. If this isn't another of his trolls, then I'm not sure what it is. Seems a bit mixed up with his achievements. Quite possible his son is half Thai, half Farang but this must have happened before his Thai-Chinese relationships.

Two of his previous BS threads:

http://www.thaivisa....et-little-lies/

Posted 2012-04-06 22:07:25

My extraordinarily exotic Thai-Chinese girlfriend is playing the short con.

http://www.thaivisa....riends-temples/

Posted 2012-04-03 02:32:18

This is another new thead that I'm about to start here on Thaivisa.

As you may have guessed, I'm bored.

I'm bored because my exotic Thai-Chinese girlfriend has gone to spend a few days at a temple.

That would be a fair assessment, he is a weak minded idiot given to outbursts that call into question his sanity. Maybe I should have a talk to myself and start regarding him as an object of pity rather deserving dislike.

Yup.......he deserves pity, I think I will try to befriend him and get him some professional help.........call it my good deed for the day biggrin.png

It really is tragic in a genuine sense that your greatest achievement in life wants nothing to do with you, maybe it is this reality and sadness which is at the heart of the OPs poisonous personality, and I would like to know what his ex-wife thinks of the matter, what caused her to go crazy? I think there could be a genuine personality disorder at work here.

It takes a lot in life for your son to disown you, the OP has shown a light on his soul by his own words.

A misbegotten sprog being raised in absentia by a crazy woman is hardly a claim to fame or anything to be proud of....

I think being proud of ones child is admirable, especially under those circumstances. And i agree my child is my greatest achievement.

Yeh, but that's not the title of the thread. Leaving your son to be raised by a crazy woman is not an achievement.

But it is a challenge...

lol, okay.

I'm with Berkshire on this. I drive regularly in Thailand and have done for years. Never an issue - no bumps, no accidents, although I did once reverse into pole but can hardly blame Thai's innate disregard for human life on that.

No different from driving in the US, UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, in my experience.

Sure the sign didn't read "Tasmanian border"?

Edited by maxme

Yeh, but that's not the title of the thread. Leaving your son to be raised by a crazy woman is not an achievement.

But it is a challenge...

It says a lot about the OP that the boy chose his crazy mother over him bah.gif

Is he the one who keeps saying his girlfriend is exotic?

My greatest achievement....being alive today, and having the will power to throw in a good job, sell everything and retire here in Thailand with my beautiful best friend who also happens to be my wife of 8 years. Been here 12 months now and have no regrets about the choices I have made on my life's journey. (no children in my life, through my own choice) and enjoying life.

My next greatest achievement will be when I have completed the "High Speed Thai" course and can confidently converse with my wonderful Thai family and friends.

Live life like you mean it!

• Like 1

My greatest achievement....being alive today, and having the will power to throw in a good job, sell everything and retire here in Thailand with my beautiful best friend who also happens to be my wife of 8 years. Been here 12 months now and have no regrets about the choices I have made on my life's journey. (no children in my life, through my own choice) and enjoying life.

My next greatest achievement will be when I have completed the "High Speed Thai" course and can confidently converse with my wonderful Thai family and friends.

Sounds a bit one sided. ermm.gif

Of course it is, how can you make others happy if you are not happy within yourself...I could go on to describe how I have changed my wife's life for the better and have generated work and employment for her family, but that's another thread.

Of course it is, how can you make others happy if you are not happy within yourself...I could go on to describe how I have changed my wife's life for the better and have generated work and employment for her family, but that's another thread.

Many of us have done that and come unstuck. unsure.png

Don't I know...only things in life that you can truely depend on is death and taxes, who wants to surround themselves in cotton wool....as I said before..live life like you mean it.

And many more of us have done it and not come unstuck.

Never mind though - you're a pretend policeman so you can cheer yourself up with your pretend badge, pretend truncheon and pretend whistle.