What'S Your Biggest Achievement Here In Thailand

MediumPaceBowler

Can someone point out to the OP that this website has a worldwide membership, many of whom ( not I may I add ) have spent decades either previously living in Thailand or visiting Thailand.

So fathering an intelligent boy that doesn't want anything to do with his father is his greatest achievement. I would have been more impressed if the boy loved his father dearly and spent time with him, irrespective of how intelligent he is.

I suggest the breakdown in this relationship is due to the fact that the OP believes that parenthood has no influence upon the child. I think he will find that is the reason why his son wants nothing to do with him, he's got no clue how to be a Dad.

When I can be bothered I'll dig out the topic where the OP stated his opinion about parenting, you'll get an idea of how much of a nutter he is.

Is he the one who keeps saying his girlfriend is exotic?

yes he is.......jerk.gif

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of us have done that and come unstuck. unsure.png

And many more of us have done it and not come unstuck.

Never mind though - you're a pretend policeman so you can cheer yourself up with your pretend badge, pretend truncheon and pretend whistle.

What a strange post from someone who thinks he is intellectually better than most here. unsure.png

Does it really matter if MPB (the Op) is a fruitcake or not ? How extremely boring TV would be without guys like him. A forum with the same stupid visaquestions, a little Thaibashing, not to forget all our economic experts, who know were gold and the xchangerate is going. This guy is not even trolling, he's taking the p**s and you don't even realize it. So MPB please continuie your postings about your fantastic racecocktail GF. Brightens my day !

Well said. Without the occasional excentric posting, the only reason to come on ThaiVisa would be to find out about doing a visa run, or what type of snake I found under a log, etc.

Does it really matter if MPB (the Op) is a fruitcake or not ? How extremely boring TV would be without guys like him. A forum with the same stupid visaquestions, a little Thaibashing, not to forget all our economic experts, who know were gold and the xchangerate is going. This guy is not even trolling, he's taking the p**s and you don't even realize it. So MPB please continuie your postings about your fantastic racecocktail GF. Brightens my day !

Well said. Without the occasional excentric posting, the only reason to come on ThaiVisa would be to find out about doing a visa run, or what type of snake I found under a log, etc.

I dont have a problem with him being an eccentric, some of the best topics start with off the wall ideas or comments. I do have a problem in regard to the abuse he hands out.

He has started a couple of topics which had some merit to them but he had already poisoned the well with too many members and they didnt get off the ground.

The MPB brand is now toxic.

Not killing anyone in a road accident. The day I sold my car (with plans to leave Thailand) it was a pretty big sigh of relief. People drive with no regard for human life in Thailand.

I drive in Thailand every single day and don't know what the h*ll you're talking about.

lol, okay.

I'm with Berkshire on this. I drive regularly in Thailand and have done for years. Never an issue - no bumps, no accidents, although I did once reverse into pole but can hardly blame Thai's innate disregard for human life on that.

No different from driving in the US, UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, in my experience.

Surely you jest, I've never had any bumps here either but that's only by the grace of God, my driving skill and constant snticipation of what might happen. But the standards of driving here are several hundred times worse than in the places you mention and with so little law enforcement it comes as no surprise. Where else do you see, on a regular basis, people driving on the wrong side of the road, against the flow of traffic, turning left from the middle lane in fast traffic and running reds to the extent that it's done here! Sorry, but the low standard of driving here compares very favorably with China and India, not with the UK, US, Europe etc.

• Like 1

Can someone point out to the OP that this website has a worldwide membership, many of whom ( not I may I add ) have spent decades either previously living in Thailand or visiting Thailand.

So fathering an intelligent boy that doesn't want anything to do with his father is his greatest achievement. I would have been more impressed if the boy loved his father dearly and spent time with him, irrespective of how intelligent he is.

I suggest the breakdown in this relationship is due to the fact that the OP believes that parenthood has no influence upon the child. I think he will find that is the reason why his son wants nothing to do with him, he's got no clue how to be a Dad.

When I can be bothered I'll dig out the topic where the OP stated his opinion about parenting, you'll get an idea of how much of a nutter he is.

Yes but he thinks he's playing the role of some sort of Jedi Master by getting us to open our minds to the possibility that we only slate him for it because of our own insecurities.

Yes but he thinks he's playing the role of some sort of Jedi Master by getting us to open our minds to the possibility that we only slate him for it because of our own insecurities.

I dont think anyone believes him

I never drive anywhere if there is someone else offering to drive...I've only driven in Thailand a few times and those times were without incident...

I've driven in the Middle East and in other parts of Asia and one gets used to the mentality: 'get the <deleted> outta the way or else...'...but the worst place was the UK where there is a pretense of courtesy when folks are just as murderous as any crazy assed pakistani or indonesian...on a small country road in the UK and here comes an idiot in a high performance vehicle doing about 100mph with total disregard to others on the road...but it costs so much to own and operate a car there that you can't really blame them for wanting to get their 'money's worth'...the third worlders just don't know no better and with bad infrastructure and etc...

there was an american associate that was terrified of the roads in the UK and I just said: 'stay to the left and let them get around ye...otherwise get yerself a local driver...'

just let me sit in the back and relax...so long as the driver demonstrates safe driving habits...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I am sure you mean well and that you want to say that your son is your most important thing in your life

But can you call a child "an achievement"?

I mean what you actually did was impregnating a woman, which is by all mean doable by a lot of men.

Also putting him on the same list as "international clients" isn't this a bit strange?

You could be proud of what your child becomes or does, but this would be down to his good upbringing which apparently you have no part in.

Not killing anyone in a road accident. The day I sold my car (with plans to leave Thailand) it was a pretty big sigh of relief. People drive with no regard for human life in Thailand.

Boy, talk about massive exaggeration and hyperbole. Do you always do this every time you open your mouth? I drive in Thailand every single day and don't know what the h*ll you're talking about.

I drove 11 years and to all provinces except a a few in issaan, thais are good drivers generally, except a few in the inner cities

I am sure you mean well and that you want to say that your son is your most important thing in your life

But can you call a child "an achievement"?

I mean what you actually did was impregnating a woman, which is by all mean doable by a lot of men.

Also putting him on the same list as "international clients" isn't this a bit strange?

You could be proud of what your child becomes or does, but this would be down to his good upbringing which apparently you have no part in.

wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

You nailed it Aneliane

Never mind though - you're a pretend policeman so you can cheer yourself up with your pretend badge, pretend truncheon and pretend whistle.

What a strange post from someone who thinks he is intellectually better than most here. unsure.png

One could suggest he is vastly intellectually better than most posters....I mean who in their right mind would get on an forum and ask what clothes they should wear in Thailand as to not look like a burke ??...whistling.gif...surely they should telephone their mummy with life changing questions like this...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

considering the age demographic of the vast majority TV members and their difficulties in the "stamina" department

I would suggest impregnating a woman is a really big achievement...biggrin.png

• Like 1

One could suggest he is vastly intellectually better than most posters....I mean who in their right mind would get on an forum and ask what clothes they should wear in Thailand as to not look like a burke ??...whistling.gif...surely they should telephone their mummy with life changing questions like this...thumbsup.gif

I think bendix has a sneaking crush on Transam.................he cant go a day without seeking him out for a little fight wub.png

• Like 1

considering the age demographic of the vast majority TV members and their difficulties in the "stamina" department

I would suggest impregnating a woman is a really big achievement...biggrin.png

I liked that line by Aneliane, it opened up a world of possibilities.........as for the OP, I cant believe that out of a million sperm he was the fastest.

I think bendix has a sneaking crush on Transam.................he cant go a day without seeking him out for a little fight wub.png

A lover's tiff going on perhaps...???

Yup, looks like it.....you will no doubt remember when you were young you would pull the hair of the girl you secretly fancied then run away. I think there is a bit of that going on. wub.png

Maybe we should book them a room.

Huh?

That wasn't my thread. What are you talking about?

A polite notice to this forum's moderators.

I am a respectable local businessman. Here in Bangkok, I have many corporate clients who are leaders in their respective fields.

I also do consultancy work for the Department of Highways. Attached is the new logo I have just made on their behalf. It is based on a print that dates back to about 1912. Much of the logo has been re-designed, but I have retained the original elephant tusks.

Reading through this thread that I have started, it is clear that I am being stalked by a bizarre and somewhat obsessive individual. The gentleman in question has replied to this thread 10 times during the course of a mere 81 replies. Not once has he attempted to answer the question that I posed in my opening post. His raison d’etre seems to border on psychological issues that I would prefer not to be a part of.

May I politely encourage you to close this thread. I personally have very little doubt that this forum's sponsors may consider it worrying that this thread is being dominated by an individual who one might politely describe as being of "unsound mind".

Thanks in advance and kind regards.

post-151116-0-99730000-1334756984_thumb.

I am a respectable local businessman. Here in Bangkok, I have many corporate clients who are leaders in their respective fields.

I also do consultancy work for the Department of Highways. Attached is the new logo I have just made on their behalf. It is based on a print that dates back to about 1912. Much of the logo has been re-designed, but I have retained the original elephant tusks.

Reading through this thread that I have started, it is clear that I am being stalked by a bizarre and somewhat obsessive individual. The gentleman in question has replied to this thread 10 times during the course of a mere 81 replies. Not once has he attempted to answer the question that I posed in my opening post. His raison d’etre seems to border on psychological issues that I would prefer not to be a part of.

May I politely encourage you to close this thread. I personally have very little doubt that this forum's sponsors may consider it worrying that this thread is being dominated by an individual who one might politely describe as being of "unsound mind".

Is it you ? ermm.gif

I am glad you retained the original elephant's tusks , quite an achievment . How exotic .

Is it you ? ermm.gif

Contact me privately. Tell me who you are and be prepared to prove it.

After that, I will respectfully reciprocate.

Attached is an earlier, less-refined version of the new logo. Notice how the outer circles are incomplete.

PS. if you're interested in design, please do Iet me know. I could send you the PSD master. If you're for real, you may find the evolution of this logo quite interesting.

post-151116-0-09637300-1334759187_thumb.

Edited by MediumPaceBowler

So you are an absentee father, but you design logos so that makes you alright. And the logo thing has what to do with the thread, or is that achievement number 2?

You, dear sir are a cretin.

And a dullard.

So you are an absentee father, but you design logos so that makes you alright. And the logo thing has what to do with the thread, or is that achievement number 2?

You, dear sir are a cretin.

And a dullard.

Oh please -- excuse me while I yawn.

And your biggest achievement in Thailand is?

And your contribution to this topic is?

Seriously -- why did you even bother posting?