Pepper Spray/mace

nonthaburial

I bought some for my GF from the street vendors on Sukhumvit Road. Near soi 11 there are a few vendors who sells knives, torches, lighters etc. Ask them. One of the other of them has pepper spray hidden under their stalls.

Pay 150 for a small one, or 200 for a larger one. I got two small ones for 250 total, so now GF has one for each of her handbags and doesnt have to worry about forgetting it when she goes out.

I bought some for my GF from the street vendors on Sukhumvit Road.  Near soi 11 there are a few vendors who sells knives, torches, lighters etc.  Ask them.  One of the other of them has pepper spray hidden under their stalls.

Pay 150 for a small one, or 200 for a larger one.  I got two small ones for 250 total, so now GF has one for each of her handbags and doesnt have to worry about forgetting it when she goes out.

Why are they hiding them, they're quite legal to buy. However use is restricted to the home or car. Police don't like you carrying them in pocket or handbag.

My GF bought mine at the camping goods shop on Sukhumvit. BKK.

Sorry, don't know the correct addy but there is only one camping shop on Sukh.

A very small can of Spray is not cheap!  :o

If you find one that's cheap it's probably useless! I've seen some sold cheap, only 2.5%. You should go for at least 10%. Have seen some on E-Bay, about 400 baht.

Even if you could buy Pepper Spray/Mace in BKK, are you sure you sure you can take it with you on a flight to Manila?

You should be innovative... instead of Pepper Spray/Mace, just get a can of any aerosol spray and a cigarette lighter, and then you can singe the crappola out of any assailant.

If this doesn't work for you, then carry a machete. I'm sure these are available at any hardware store in Manila.

For personal reasons such as security I would like to purchase pepper spray for carrying in Manila. Any idea where to buy here in Bangkok OR even in the Philippines ??

I don't think you can carry them on the plane.

Agree, so put them in your checked luggage.

Some carriers allow, some don't. Checked luggage way to go. Must be in a safety container however, as many have been triggered in baggage handling. Would have thought readily available in Manila, more so than Thailand. Probably the police in Thailand best bet to get some genuine stuff. You may even get some of that nasty 15% they use. :o

Thanks for your responses and rather surprisingly I found the required spray, made in China on sale at an outlet on the ground floor of Carrefoure Chaeng Wattana.

The cost was 350 Baht for a relatively good sized container but could not find on the label the "ingredients or strengths" so apart from a self test, which I am rather disinclined to do, its not easy to tell if this stuff is the real tear jerker or a watered down cousin!!!!!!

Thanks for your responses and rather surprisingly I found the required spray, made in China on sale at an outlet on the ground floor of Carrefoure Chaeng Wattana.

The cost was 350 Baht for a relatively good sized container but could not find on the label the "ingredients or strengths" so apart from a self test, which I am rather disinclined to do, its not easy to tell if this stuff is the real tear jerker or a watered down cousin!!!!!!

That's good to know. I've often wanted to get a can of this stuff myself, because the soi dogs in my area seem to hate farang.

I'd really like to take up jogging again, but the one thing that has stopped me is that I'm quite certain that the soi dogs in my area will hate a farang-RUNNING even more than a farang walking.

I usually carry a rock with me, but when they come charging out between parked cars, I'm a little worried about missing them and breaking a window. So it'd be really nice to have a can of spray to discourage them. I bet after they get hit with that stuff once or twice, they may give up on charging me and stick to barking at a distance.

Good to know that location, thanks.

What capacity is the can?

75g or 75ml?

There are plenty of soi dogs in my neighborhood just itching to "volunteer" for a test.

:o

Good to know that location, thanks.

Where is it on the ground floor, exactly? Near KFC? or down near the pharmacy?

For personal reasons such as security I would like to purchase pepper spray for carrying in Manila. Any idea where to buy here in Bangkok OR even in the Philippines ??

Any Thai market normally stocks this stuff, it goes for about 250 - 300 baht.

Its getting pretty hairy out here as well for safety I think!

The thai police are normally chilled regarded foreigners and them carrying pepper spray as it is classed as a non-lethal weapon. However obviously use your noggin if you are going to 'use' it as you could be arrested if you use it unwisely....

Getting it through customs is another matter... I would of thought the markets of manilla would sell the stuff...