Lampang

Steveyf

well im away to embark on another trip fly out friday but been informed im now staying in lampang for atleast 10 days, as the other half has changed jobs

apart from having my golf clubs with me whilst the other half is working, during the day what else is there too do around lumpang ? anything like a cinema or something to give a few hours entertainment ?

There is a sheep petting zoo on the road to Tak.

You can see the famous White Cock ceramics factory.

The Wat Phra That Lampang is quite nice and has a large chedi that can also be seen in a camara obscura temple room (no females allowed in this part of the temple though)

I would second golf though as the main attraction.

Lampang is interesting because it is so boring....(another T-land paradox)..... Wide avenues with little traffic, shop after shop selling farm supplies, very polite Lanna folks, almost no farang .....famously beautiful women.

Agreed with other posters, Lampang is dull, dull, dull. There is a small night market by the river and a few small bars but not a lot going on. If you're at all like me (a big old falang) then get used to being stared at.smile.png You could always head up to

The Thai Elephant Conservation Center and become a mahout.

http://www.thailandelephant.org/en/

Edited by DowntownAl

Lampang is interesting because it is so boring....(another T-land paradox)..... Wide avenues with little traffic, shop after shop selling farm supplies, very polite Lanna folks, almost no farang .....famously beautiful women.

Agreed, terribly boring there (although no where is as boring as Lamphun). Very, very few farang. Most of the real lookers move on to C.M. or BKK as soon as they get the opportunity.

well im here and meh.

3rd cup of coffee down at the riverside and trying to think of something to do thanks for the heads up about the cinema thankfully ive got a stock of movies on the laptop that will keep my happy. atleast for today

the walking street market not much on show depending on which way you look at it i felt more on show than the items were but thats nothing compared to all the looks i got walking through bkk and chiang mai airport wearing a kilt.

just a note if anyone has the same fortunes as myself and has a prologned stay in lampang the riverside guest house is good quality the same as the restraunt as for me, think ill go play with a couple of stray dogs to keep me amused.

thanks for all the hints and hell if i find something of intrest ill post up.

cheers

steve

going to chiang mai on the weekends. here is a question, does anyone know of any camera shops in chiang mai / lampang where i could get a monopod. i tried the big electronic store in chiang mai but no luck may aswell brush up on my macro skills but dont want to be lumping my tripod everywhere in this heat.