Songkran Festival Begins Early In Pattaya

webfact

Songkran Festival begins early in Pattaya

16_04_55_4_5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Although Pattaya’s Songkran Festival does not take place until 19th April, the water fighting has begun and over the weekend some areas resembled a war zone as Thai and foreign tourists, who may not be able to stay in Pattaya until 19th, took advantage of the early celebrations.

Armed with water pistols and nylon tubes and with little or no regard for public safety, especially for those on motorbikes, thousands enjoyed the water fighting. Some of the main areas where the water fighting was particularly intense were Soi’s 7 and 8 off Pattaya Beach.

As the 19th April approaches, the reveller numbers will increase which is good news for some and bad for others.

Source/Pictures: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/53304/songkran-festival-begins-early-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-04-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Good...let the tourists have their fun...Pattaya lives or dies on its tourists...and with it being the hottest days of the year so far...i'm sure it feels really great. As for me, I just get out in the morning for my coffee, shopping, or exercise routine and back home by noon (in a car)...easy peasy :)

Good...let the tourists have their fun...Pattaya lives or dies on its tourists...and with it being the hottest days of the year so far...i'm sure it feels really great. As for me, I just get out in the morning for my coffee, shopping, or exercise routine and back home by noon (in a car)...easy peasy smile.png

Easy to say now. Last three days!

Good...let the tourists have their fun...Pattaya lives or dies on its tourists...and with it being the hottest days of the year so far...i'm sure it feels really great. As for me, I just get out in the morning for my coffee, shopping, or exercise routine and back home by noon (in a car)...easy peasy smile.png

Easy to say now. Last three days!

On the Farside, it never really gets too crazy, except for the 19th, and then I have the option to stay in for the day or venture out to view the miles long wet t-shirt contest!