Decent Barber Or Men'S Hairdresser

sharktooth

barbers are quite a terror here. no matter what pictures i show to them and how i describe to them it always ended up with slope on sides and back with a tiny portion of my fringe hanging down. to avoid looking mentally challenged, i style up my fringe only to look like tintin

• Like 1

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun SharkTooth,

I know just the place for you. Like you, earlier this year I started growing my hair out long again, instead of being essentially #1 hair-clipper-buzz-cut semi-bald. I like the fact it has turned white/silver now, days of salt-pepper are gone !

Khun Ong is a gifted hair stylist for men, and I am sure women also. I am looking for his card, and will PM you the phone, when I find it, but his shop, I think, is easy to find: I am almost sure the name of his shop is "Absolute Hair."

Directions:

1. get to the main building of Kad Suan Kaew on Huay Kaew road. That would be the south side of the road. The side with the Sizzler restaurant, etc.

2. walk west, on that side of the road towards Nimmanheiman and CMU.

3. walk past the Royal Orchid on your left

4. walk past the entrance way to KSK parking on your left.

5. at the first building you come to after the exit road from the KSK parking, on the first corner, is Khun Ong's shop. Shop is clean, well-lit, equipment modern. Nice young ladies do the shampooing in special shampoo chairs (quite relaxing).

My full session, which included : shampoo, first styling (scissors), second shampoo, further styling (scissors), was only 300 baht, and I am delighted with the results.

good luck, ~o:37;

• Like 1

Suthep Road, half way up on the left, there are three shops (red and white spinning barber shop sign outside) run by the same company. 100Baht for a cut (up from 80B at new year). Shave, shampoo and cut comes in at just under 200B I think. One shop is staffed by men, one by women and the other I'm not sure (as in I've not been in, not that they're ladyboys).

199Baht everlasting special promotion wash and cut in Airport Plaza near the escalators on the 32rd floor (I think). Big red sign outside. Some of the staff are quite delightful.

200B(ish) next to Rimping at riverside is OK. 200B(ish) on Chan Klan Road heading south past the Lacoste shop before you get to Central Hospital, gay guy, good wash and cut.

• Like 2

None of this is real, is it ??

Was wondering the same thing.. Those prices seem ridiculously high.

My usual barber on Charoenprathet Rd just recently raised his price from 50 THB to 60 THB. That price is inclusive of:

1.) a nice smooth hair cut

2.) an ol' fashioned razor shave

3.) a shoulder massage with one of those old back of the hand vibrating machines..

At 300 THB, you are paying FIVE TIMES what I am. I have a real hard time believing that the services you are receiving are 5 times better than what I am getting. so why the huge disparity in price?

-Mestizo

17 April 2012.

The day Metrosexualism hit Chiang Mai.

Excellent! 555555

However, apples and oranges. Postings over 100 baht are not merely haircuts but include at least a shampoo. The 300 baht involves a several stage process (for those of us Metrosexual types who've kept our tuxedo ready for the next occasion). Moreover, the 60 baht haircut - as mentioned by Barefoot' 88 - might butcher my hair lopsided (indeed, one did!).

Then too, I find that getting a haircut in aircon in the middle of a sweltering 38 degree day worth a few baht. Do 60 baht barbers offer that? I know that those on Suthep Rd. do.

Mestizo's directions, alas, to a reliable inexpensive cut, are so far the 60 baht directions. Help?

Edited by CMX

None of this is real, is it ??

Was wondering the same thing.. Those prices seem ridiculously high.

My usual barber on Charoenprathet Rd just recently raised his price from 50 THB to 60 THB. That price is inclusive of:

1.) a nice smooth hair cut

2.) an ol' fashioned razor shave

3.) a shoulder massage with one of those old back of the hand vibrating machines..

At 300 THB, you are paying FIVE TIMES what I am. I have a real hard time believing that the services you are receiving are 5 times better than what I am getting. so why the huge disparity in price?

-Mestizo

And you're paying double what I am. tongue.png

Winnie's 'metrosexual' should probably have been named by its inventor something like metrodresser (or male metrodresser, if that's what he meant). Or metrostyler or whatever. In any case, it was not as I understand it related to any kind of wiring - this way or that. Lotsa loot to spend on appearance in an urban setting.

On the other hand, among those building brawn while neglecting their upper levels should not, I would argue, include Clint - the films he's directed are far better than simple apologia. OK, doubtless a tad off topic.

So to return to a good barber at 60 baht, with aircon - do we all realize how long Charoen Prathet is? Is it not policy among us Thai Visa members to share the good? Do we withold addresses of good places for simple self convenience? No, say I. A true non-metrosexual shopper would at least indicate if the joint is above or below (N or S) Narawat Bridge, no?

Winnie's 'metrosexual' should probably have been named by its inventor something like metrodresser (or male metrodresser, if that's what he meant). Or metrostyler or whatever. In any case, it was not as I understand it related to any kind of wiring - this way or that. Lotsa loot to spend on appearance in an urban setting.

On the other hand, among those building brawn while neglecting their upper levels should not, I would argue, include Clint - the films he's directed are far better than simple apologia. OK, doubtless a tad off topic.

So to return to a good barber at 60 baht, with aircon - do we all realize how long Charoen Prathet is? Is it not policy among us Thai Visa members to share the good? Do we withold addresses of good places for simple self convenience? No, say I. A true non-metrosexual shopper would at least indicate if the joint is above or below (N or S) Narawat Bridge, no?

Well said! Pray tell Mestizo. I too seek a skilled tonsorial artiste, especially one adept with a cut-throat razor. I like my pate smooth and shiny.

Suthep Road, half way up on the left, there are three shops (red and white spinning barber shop sign outside) run by the same company. 100Baht for a cut (up from 80B at new year). Shave, shampoo and cut comes in at just under 200B I think. One shop is staffed by men, one by women and the other I'm not sure (as in I've not been in, not that they're ladyboys).

199Baht everlasting special promotion wash and cut in Airport Plaza near the escalators on the 32rd floor (I think). Big red sign outside. Some of the staff are quite delightful.

200B(ish) next to Rimping at riverside is OK. 200B(ish) on Chan Klan Road heading south past the Lacoste shop before you get to Central Hospital, gay guy, good wash and cut.

The shops near Wat Suan Dok on Suthep Rd, all decent barbers there, been going for years. Was just there and It's still 80 baht, though I've always given a 20 baht tip due to the service.

Edited by DaamNaam

Little barber shop in Samut Prakan (near the market) charges me 50 Bt,and an old boy in en Clang near Mae On (CM) last time did a short back etc.for 20 bt and...... i gave him a tip...charge more...however usually just get the wife to cut the stuff ...for free...although I did buy her the scissors.....after all ...its only hair..?

Noticed it seems to grow faster in the hot weather.......after 6 weeks in LOS I tend to look like an "ippy.....rock on.....

The shops near Wat Suan Dok on Suthep Rd, all decent barbers there, been going for years. Was just there and It's still 80 baht, though I've always given a 20 baht tip due to the service.

I thought there were more than the 3 barber shops that naboo mentions, either 4 or 5. I go to the one with 5 or 6 male barbers. As naboo states, they raised their prices on 1 Jan to 100 baht. They always do an excellent job.

South side of Suthep Rd, just west of wat Suan Dok.

But as a warning to the OP, no English is spoken.

what a great topic to read boys..........discussing mens hair......ooooooooooooh

Despite a recent posting I made about us farang being kee neo, I think you should limit your expenditure to 80bt on the basis of some advice i heard many years ago.

it goes: Whats the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut

A: 3 days

There you go, so if it is horrendous, keep indoors for 3 days and it will become "trendy/hip/gay2 whatever you want...........all for 80btsmile.png