Having A Beer With Someone Then They Ask For Your Number

hotandhumid

Maybe he had the hots for you? rolleyes.gif

I'm not talking about an isolated incident.

If there is anyone reading this who partakes in this cringeworthy act, please stop doing it, you put the other person in a diffulcult position.

That's why white lies are for !

You just give a wrong number (change a digit or two)

Girls do it all the time

Haven't you learnt anything?

Don't be daft, you can't do that, as they always say 'i'll ring you so then you have my number' always happens. Sounds like you need to get out more.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is anyone reading this who partakes in this cringeworthy act, please stop doing it, you put the other person in a diffulcult position.

Girls do it all the time

Don't be daft, you can't do that, as they always say 'i'll ring you so then you have my number' always happens. Sounds like you need to get out more.

Maybe you should stop going to gay bars, if this is not your thing. Normally it would be the working ladies that ask for your phone number. Leave your phone at home or tell them that you don't have a phone. But as this seems to upset you, maybe you should search for some professional help rather than posting on this forum?

• Like 1

I agree with hot and humid on this one. Unless the asker is female, hot and single. Then I'm fine with it!

I'm always embarrassed when folks give me their business cards and I can't reciprocate.

So I'm gonna get some made. Can you suggest some title I might use as my fictitious job?

Hammock Tester?

edit to make it sound more posh.......Director of Hammock Testing Services. smile.png

when i want something to sound impressive i write it in german:

Directior der Hängematte Forschung, Prüfung und Entwicklung

• Like 1

I agree with hot and humid on this one. Unless the asker is female, hot and single. Then I'm fine with it!

I'm always embarrassed when folks give me their business cards and I can't reciprocate.

So I'm gonna get some made. Can you suggest some title I might use as my fictitious job?

"That bloke you met at that bar"

• Like 1

Girls do it all the time

Yeah that's rude people who do that.

I hate it, when they do that.

I say no, don't ring me I write it down.

Some are quick though, and I say it's on mute.

By then they usually get the idea and don't ever call anyway

You might need to be more selective as to who you talk to :P

MD, Arsenal supporters club

So far the best suggestion :whistling:

Solution: Take the number of the first idiot who offers to exchange numbers. To any further idiots you give not your own number but the number of 'idiot - 1' and so on. Solved. wink.png

I just give them blethers number!

Thai girls are even worse, give them your number and that evening when you are in bed with the wife, 200 calls in an hour ........ darling, who is the person that keeps ringing you?

Edited by TommoPhysicist

i will try to be as serious as possible.

A huge number of foreigners living in Thailand or even visiting are very isolated. Not all expats have a lovely wife and kids to go home to.

Also not all can have an insightful conversation with their partner.

Basically, there are loads of lonely people, foreign men in Thailand, just look at this forum and amount of time some people spent here.

Just an old fashioned way to make buddies over a beer in the bar.

"Problem Solver, Inc" should get some interests.. Imagine walking around with cards in your wallet like this around the naughty areas.

If somebody, which i'm not interested in knowing better, ask me my number, i simply tell them that i don't give my number to anybody except my family.

I don't think i'm being rude, if they think that it's not my problem.whistling.gif

If somebody, which i'm not interested in knowing better, ask me my number, i simply tell them that i don't give my number to anybody except my family.

I don't think i'm being rude, if they think that it's not my problem.whistling.gif

what if they ask for your email or skype id?cheesy.gif

uhm.. it depends if i am interested or not smile.png

in other words "playing hard to get" :)

ps. i am joking, hopefully not offending

in other words "playing hard to get" smile.png

ps. i am joking, hopefully not offending

hehe, don't worry, in fact i don't like crowds and i am a bit selective..nothing wrong with that i hoperolleyes.gif

I'm guessing that "hotandhumid" has his own reasons for being in Thailand and does not want anyone getting close enough to be able to question him about them.

That is his perogative BUT to then come on here and complain about it makes him sound like a "big girl's blouse".

Given that his language sounds like American English I would doubt if he will understand that - others, however, will!!

Edited by Yaaklenmai
  • Like 1

It happens the world over.

I'd have thought that if two people of either sex got on with each other, enjoyed talking about the same things, had the same outlook on life in general etc., swapping phone numbers is a good way to be able to interact further and maybe the start of an interesting friendship.

I have other peoples phone numbers. That way we can arrange nights out, change the times, dates and meeting places if needs be.

It is called being sociable.

On the other hand there are some right miserable gits out there. I know I'd rather have a few friends, to be able to sit, chat, have a few laughs, a few beers together and laugh at some of these miseries.

Long may the miserable gits remain miserable. You are no loss to the sociable members of society. IMHO.

Yet I also do not have to go out with friends. I can be as happy out on my own.

• Like 1

Girls do it all the time

How do they know you have your phone with you? They ain't going to make it ring with the bogus number you gave them.

Edit: You're not one of those people that leave their I-phone/Blackberry/whatever on the bartop, inviting people to ask for your number?

Edited by chrisinth

Foremost Alternative Gynecologist

Edit: Might want to drop the foremost in case they shorten it to capitals only...............................tongue.png

Edited by chrisinth

what the phnoe number swapper is suffering with is the lonely man syndrome and theres plenty of them in Thailand, some go into their shell even more...others go overboard and try to compensate....i've sat next to people on flights to Thailand and had a chat, been polite but when they start wanting to swap details or arrange a night out I also get a bit freaked out...

lets face it the reason most men go to Thailand is cos they're lonelysad.png

what the phnoe number swapper is suffering with is the lonely man syndrome and theres plenty of them in Thailand, some go into their shell even more...others go overboard and try to compensate....i've sat next to people on flights to Thailand and had a chat, been polite but when they start wanting to swap details or arrange a night out I also get a bit freaked out...

lets face it the reason most men go to Thailand is cos they're lonelysad.png

Well, this is a universal thing. Neediness is a major turnoff. Ironic sometimes. Like getting a loan from a bank. If you don't need the money, no problem!

Foremost Alternative Gynecologist

Edit: Might want to drop the foremost in case they shorten it to capitals only...............................tongue.png

"Sex Instructor" may earn you some slaps in the face, but possibly some good opportunities too whistling.gif