Thaksin's Niece Guilty Of Filing False Asset Statement, Gets 5-Year Ban

webfact

An interesting situation, look at it this way. A used car dealer sells me a car on credit, the police seize the car from me as it was (unknown to me) stolen. Do I still have to continue paying the car dealer?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this family is right up there with..................?????????????? Sorry but I cannot think of another family to compare to this one. Any suggestions ?

The Ewings in Dallas!

No way, compared with "the Shinawatras" the Ewings were Angels.

If there was a Bobby Shinawatra, he could wake up up and find the last 6 years were just a dream

• Like 1

And that former PM with the head like a bull and who has passed away last year, wasn't he a family member of this corrupt family ? whistling.gif

I think you mean former-PM Samak Sundaravej, died 24th November 2009, who was briefly PM in 2008, until replaced by the PPP (his own party) with former-PM Somchai (who was Thaksin's brother-in-law) ?

I'm not aware of any family connection, but he had a very colourful political-life, indeed he was a former Democrat-Party MP before he formed his own party, and then later joined Thaksin's TRT.

No, I think it's nepotism in the genes

I've heard that diarrhea also runs in the genes jeans ? Sorry, couldn't resist ! biggrin.png

Fortunately she possesses her father's good looks,thus,she should have no trouble getting modelling assignments with Vogue magazine.

She'll need to have time to clear up the acne before the photo shoots

237938-1.jpg

Glad to see that you're still the (self appointed) role model when it comes to quality debate on this forum, Buchholz........................

It really took some time for the TV "Thaksinistas" and "Red Shirtinistas" to respond on this tread.

Good on you PPD.

To be perfectly honest I was going to leave it to the usual suspects to keep the TV hits coming just by egging each other on. You ignored my post about the democrat mp and the 13 times non declared assets then..................

I would suggest that the Shinawatras get some better legal advice in future. Seems that no one knows even how to fill out a simple form

In tonight's theme of banning.

Thaksin's main legal adviser, Noppadon, is also banned from politics in his own right.

Well whilst we're on the subject of banning and not wishing to be off topic:

Can anyone explain to me how Democrat MP for Surat Thani, Chumphon Kanchana, managed to avoid declaring an 191 Million Baht debt for 13 consecutive years before finally being sentenced to a suspended 2 month prison sentence and a 4000 baht fine.Oh and he was banned for 5 years.

http://www.pattayada...et-declaration/

Perhaps the eagle eyed former senator wasn't about at the time or could it be because he wasn't related to the Shiniwatras?

So nobody can explain the above case?

Just one reply over a serial liar from the democrat party who cheats the process 13 times and 120 plus posts on a relative of the Shinawatras...................about par for the course on this forum

I would suggest that the Shinawatras get some better legal advice in future. Seems that no one knows even how to fill out a simple form

Thaksin's main legal adviser, Noppadon, is also banned from politics in his own right.

Can anyone explain to me how Democrat MP for Surat Thani, Chumphon Kanchana, managed to avoid declaring an 191 Million Baht debt for 13 consecutive years before finally being sentenced to a suspended 2 month prison sentence and a 4000 baht fine.Oh and he was banned for 5 years.

Perhaps the eagle eyed former senator wasn't about at the time or could it be because he wasn't related to the Shiniwatras?

Just one reply over a serial liar from the democrat party who cheats the process 13 times and 120 plus posts on a relative of the Shinawatras...................about par for the course on this forum

But the stupid bugger for Surat isn't trying to take over the country by force, and Thaksins diddle the country for 100 times this guys undeclared debt. Perspective Phi phi perspective.

To quote Henry Hobson; Let's keep sense of proportion.

Ex-Thai PM Thaksin's niece banned from politics

Bangkok, April 20, 2012 (AFP) - Thailand's top court has banned the lawmaker niece of fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra from politics for five years for a false financial declaration, a court official said Friday.

The Supreme Court handed Chinnicha Wongsawat, a member of parliament for the ruling Puea Thai party, a two-month suspended prison term and a fine of 4,000 baht ($130) in its ruling Thursday. The party said it would appeal the verdict.

Chinnicha, the daughter of former prime minister Somchai Wongsawat, was accused of failing to disclose a debt of 100 million baht ($3.2 million) when she became a lawmaker last year.

Thaksin was toppled by royalist generals in 2006 and lives in Dubai to avoid a two-year prison sentence for corruption that he contends is politically motivated.

His sister Yingluck Shinawatra became prime minister last year after a resounding election victory by the ousted premier's political allies.

Mass rallies by Thaksin's supporters in the Thai capital in 2010 descended into the kingdom's worst political violence in decades, with more than 90 people -- mostly civilians -- killed in a military crackdown.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-04-20

She's Yingluck's sister?

Nope, then she would be another sister of Thaksin, she's the daughter of an in-law.

No again.

Chinnicha is Yinglucks neice. Yawowapa, Cinnicha mother, is Yinklucks older sister.

So the brother, sister, brother in law and neice of the current PM are all banned.

I'm sures there's another.

I guess thats because all but one poster stayed on topic

• Like 2

Can anyone explain to me how

< off-topic comments snipped >

In reply to your post quoting yourself, perhaps that is due mostly to the notion that this thread is on a relative of Shinawatras and the issue occurred yesterday whereas your post is your self-admittedly off-topic and occurred two years ago.

If you'd like to bump an old thread where it is on-topic

.http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

Otherwise, about it's only relevance here is to show that the punishments for the similar situations is similar.

Waza, don't tell me, my post wasn't on topic? I guess I haven't heard about this new interpretation of "off topic" you're working to.

The following is not off topic

"In tonight's theme of banning.Thaksin's main legal adviser, Noppadon, is also banned from politics in his own right"

But my mention of a democrat mp in exactly the same situation as the subject of the OP (except he cheated 13 times and with a bigger debt) is off topic?

Would you care to share the details of that reasoning with me at least, if not the forum?

Edited by phiphidon

Just read the header.

This case should now be used by all lawyers whose clients are facing a prison term for the first time.

No imprisonment as they 'have never been in prison'

I read it my friend. An asset statement is not a balance sheet. It is a statement of ASSETS! A debt is the creditor's asset!

Ummm........while an MP's assets are of interest to the public, who he/she owes their soul to must rate equally or higher. I suppose she expected to be able to cover the debt in this term of office - perks for all but the cream goes to FAMILY.

Waza, don't tell me, my post wasn't on topic? I guess I haven't heard about this new interpretation of "off topic" you're working to.

Care to share the details with me at least, if not the forum?

Perhaps "Everybody does it!" just doesn't work as an excuse. I gave it up before kindergarten.

But the stupid bugger for Surat isn't trying to take over the country by force, and Thaksins diddle the country for 100 times this guys undeclared debt. Perspective Phi phi perspective.

To quote Henry Hobson; Let's keep sense of proportion.

Perspective has nothing to do with it, hypocrisy does.

An interesting situation, look at it this way. A used car dealer sells me a car on credit, the police seize the car from me as it was (unknown to me) stolen. Do I still have to continue paying the car dealer?

Yes, situations like this have actually happened but more than likely you would have to pay the bank which financed the deal.

Care to share the details with me at least, if not the forum?

Perhaps "Everybody does it!" just doesn't work as an excuse. I gave it up before kindergarten.

Anywhere in my post that I used "Everybody does it!" as an excuse? I was pointing out the hypocrisy of your peers posting 120 posts plus on the subject because of her relationship with a family they hate compared to an mp whose behaviour was far worse having not just cheated once but a further twelve times afterwards with no condemnation.

Anywhere in my post that I used "Everybody does it!" as an excuse? I was pointing out the hypocrisy of your peers posting 120 posts plus on the subject because of her relationship with a family they hate compared to an mp whose behaviour was far worse having not just cheated once but a further twelve times afterwards with no condemnation.

But that's the point isn't it - that these asset declaration issues and banning runs in the family?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

It is hard to believe that the heavy hitters GK, Calgary havn't shown up to defend the poor girl. We had PPD in his usual mode of change the subject to some back water democrat who was found guilty a couple of years ago. Then there was a couple of lite weights trying to spin it too making reconcillation harder if political crime is exposed. I am really disappointed that the debate hasn't been more lively on this subject. But then again she is just canon fodder for Big T to spin his way back to power and conceal his ill gotten gains.

"In tonight's theme of banning.Thaksin's main legal adviser, Noppadon, is also banned from politics in his own right"

But my mention of a democrat mp in exactly the same situation as the subject of the OP (except he cheated 13 times and with a bigger debt) is off topic?

Would you care to share the details of that reasoning with me at least, if not the forum?

Probably because the Noppadon post was just made in passing in response to another poster first mentioning it and no screaming about how come more people didn't respond to it was made.

rolleyes.gif

what are we up to now with your off-topic tirade? a dozen posts?

Edited by Buchholz

Yes, situations like this have actually happened but more than likely you would have to pay the bank which financed the deal.

Sure banks never lose, their attitude would be we lent you the money in good faith, what you did with it is not our concern.

Now the thing is, until the police seized the car, I had an asset (the car) and a debit (the loan), which were roughly equal (discounting interest), repossession was possible if I defaulted..

So until the police intervened was I in debt, I think technically a credit arrangement is a liability rather than a debt, as long as you maintain payments you are not a candidate for bankruptcy proceeding.

Now if we accept that a politician is not automatically a legal expert, might she not have been genuinely confused as to her financial status?

Incidentally, reference your later post regarding Calgary, I believe he has been banned.

Probably because the Noppadon post was just made in passing in response to another poster first mentioning it and no screaming about how come more people didn't respond to it was made.

rolleyes.gif

what are we up to now with your off-topic tirade? a dozen posts?

I don't know because I'm not sure of the rules you operate under. Perhaps you could tell me, or the moderators as is your wont.

But that's the point isn't it - that these asset declaration issues and banning runs in the family?

I think the real point is that people such as yourself will take every opportunity to attack the Thaksin clan and others will feel compelled to counter your attacks. This is so predictable that whilst at first it is entertaining in time it becomes like an often repeated joke, just boring. Surely there are other areas of TV where you can apply your talents?

Sure banks never lose, their attitude would be we lent you the money in good faith, what you did with it is not our concern.

Now the thing is, until the police seized the car, I had an asset (the car) and a debit (the loan), which were roughly equal (discounting interest), repossession was possible if I defaulted..

So until the police intervened was I in debt, I think technically a credit arrangement is a liability rather than a debt, as long as you maintain payments you are not a candidate for bankruptcy proceeding.

Now if we accept that a politician is not automatically a legal expert, might she not have been genuinely confused as to her financial status?

Incidentally, reference your later post regarding Calgary, I believe he has been banned.

I believe he has been reincarnated.

It is hard to believe that the heavy hitters GK, Calgary havn't shown up to defend the poor girl. We had PPD in his usual mode of change the subject to some back water democrat who was found guilty a couple of years ago. Then there was a couple of lite weights trying to spin it too making reconcillation harder if political crime is exposed. I am really disappointed that the debate hasn't been more lively on this subject. But then again she is just canon fodder for Big T to spin his way back to power and conceal his ill gotten gains.

I can't see how a post referring to an mp who was also found guilty of the the same offence is changing the subject. They both committed the same offence, except my example committed the same offence 13 times. They both received the same punishment and yet none of you think that is extraordinary, it's no wonder you do not understand the concept of double standards.....................

I believe he has been reincarnated.

He must be a Buddhist then. Do reincarnated people remember their previous lives? biggrin.png

Edited by anterian

I think the real point is that people such as yourself will take every opportunity to attack the Thaksin clan and others will feel compelled to counter your attacks. This is so predictable that whilst at first it is entertaining in time it becomes like an often repeated joke, just boring. Surely there are other areas of TV where you can apply your talents?

Just as some people will attack Abhisit and the Democrats at every opportunity, others may feel compelled to counter those attacks.

Next ...