Is It Just Me Or Are The Girls On The Datng Site Banner Ads Getting Hotter?

stevehaigh

the thai dating site banner ad poster girls have always looked nice but the girl crouching down (crouching thai-girl!) is way too hot to be real

why am i post this? why not, what else is going on beside the end of phuket as we know it on the 28th

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When feeling a bit bored, I have to admit to occasionally surfing around some of the online dating sites for Phuket. There are indeed some hot chicks on these sites, and if I were younger, with different circumstances, I'd be tempted to give this method a whirl.

One time, I actually found a girl on one site that I know! She works in a proper job, with a decent salary, and is looking for a western guy. What struck me, was that she was very truthful with her description, with no lies / exaggerations at all. Although, I'm sure, many of these girls tell a few fibs, I found her honesty on such a site very refreshing.

I can't remember what the figures are but the amount of marriages resulting from dating sites is huge these days.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with it but I think it will be a sad day when finding a partner on the internet is deemed as normal and every day as finding them in the real world.

There used to be one dating add that cracked me up. I think it was on a different site. One of the girls looked as miserable as can be, she looked like she was being held against her will. I remember thinking what a crazy photo to use for a dating agency.

Imagine a foreigner in Thailand not being able to pull a Thai girl, apart from on an dating websitecheesy.gif Suppose its different for the guys buck home that want to buy and import a bridebah.gif

Edited by Paangjang

Imagine a foreigner in Thailand not being able to pull a Thai girl, apart from on an dating websitecheesy.gif Suppose its different for the guys buck home that want to buy and import a bridebah.gif

Firstly, you seem to ridiculously imply that all Thai girls wish to 'pull' a foreigner. Not at all.

We also know from where some foreigners 'pull' their Thai girls. Others would like a Thai girl partner, but wouldn't wish to meet one this way. So, for both parties, who still would like a foreign / Thai partner, options are fairly limited to meeting the other person at their place of work, or through a website.

Edited by seaeagle

Firstly, you seem to ridiculously imply that all Thai girls wish to 'pull' a foreigner. Not at all.

We also know from where some foreigners 'pull' their Thai girls. Others would like a Thai girl partner, but wouldn't wish to meet one this way. So, for both parties, who still would like a foreign / Thai partner, options are fairly limited to meeting the other person at their place of work, or through a website.

Wasn't trying to ridiculously imply that all thai girls wish for a foreigner. But you must admit, if your looking for a girl here, a non bar girl that is. Its never difficult is it.

Your second point i agree with. Just can't really see anyone who's here and looking for a good thai girl needing to use an internet dating site.wai.gif

Wasn't trying to ridiculously imply that all thai girls wish for a foreigner. But you must admit, if your looking for a girl here, a non bar girl that is. Its never difficult is it.

Your second point i agree with. Just can't really see anyone who's here and looking for a good thai girl needing to use an internet dating site.wai.gif

Nice to get a civil response from you - thanks. Makes a change from some who just wade in fighting, be abrupt, and stop good discussion.

Maybe just my opinion through observation, but I think that most non-bar girls, or those clearly 'out on the pull', are culturally shy, respectful and reserved towards foreigners. (Often due to language issues, of course). Therefore, I'd suggest that it's not that easy to approach a girl, who's a total stranger, in order to meet and date.

Nice to get a civil response from you - thanks. Makes a change from some who just wade in fighting, be abrupt, and stop good discussion.

Maybe just my opinion through observation, but I think that most non-bar girls, or those clearly 'out on the pull', are culturally shy, respectful and reserved towards foreigners. (Often due to language issues, of course). Therefore, I'd suggest that it's not that easy to approach a girl, who's a total stranger, in order to meet and date.

Good point. I met my "good girl" through a Thai man colleague at the hotel i was working. I think if you have male Thai friends who are respectful people, then its alot easier to meet nice girls than if you circle of friends are just foreigners.

A lot of bar girls (As far as I know) don't see it as a long term prospect but are in the job for one reason only, and that's to be whisked of to Farang land by a Farang.

I would suspect that a huge number of these girls will be registered on dating sites for the same reason. I'm sure there are lots of normal, hard working Thais that just fancy Farang that join dating sites as well, but good luck knowing which is which when you are communicating via e-mail.

• Like 2

A lot of foreigners who pull a Thai Girl as you put it could not get

a decent woman in there home country

That argument is such a crock of crap.

I don't see why. He said a 'lot' of people not all or most.

Are you telling me all the people you see with Thai partners, were babe magnets back in their own country, they just happened to want an Asian partner, and they could have easily attracted an attractive, wealthy partner 15 years younger than themselves down their local boozer, if they'd only wanted to??

Just by pure coincidence they ended up falling in love with a bar girl I suppose?

Not at all, but, you forget, many, many women back home are not "babes". Many women might be out of their "league", but, I guarantee that there will be just as many in it.

Thailand just enables blokes to get women that would be considered out of their league in their home country; that's all.

Funny how so many Thai based expats spout this same rubbish, but, never include themselves as an example.

Wonder how many people on this forum believe that saying, yet, have a Thai partner with a much larger age gap than they would ever have in their own country. True hypocrisy.

Not at all, but, you forget, many, many women back home are not "babes". Many women might be out of their "league", but, I guarantee that there will be just as many in it.

Thailand just enables blokes to get women that would be considered out of their league in their home country; that's all.

Funny how so many Thai based expats spout this same rubbish, but, never include themselves as an example.

Wonder how many people on this forum believe that saying, yet, have a Thai partner with a much larger age gap than they would ever have in their own country. True hypocrisy.

I thought that men coming to Thailand to get a woman 'out of their league' as you put it, was pretty much what 'PC' meant when he said 'Couldn't get a decent woman in their own country'??

I interpret those statements as being rather similar, yet you're saying what 'PC' said is a 'crock of crap'.

My wife's 3 years older than me so I guess I'm not a hypocrite. smile.png

What is the definition of "decent"?

Ask 'PC' he used that word.

So what your saying is, perhaps these people could get a nice, kind person of a similar age and exterior beauty in their own country but are deciding to blow that off for a much younger, far hotter girl they met in a bar in Thailand?

Like I said, I may be wrong but that seems rather close to what 'PC' was implying, he just worded it slightly differently. What he said is certainly too close to what you are saying to label what he said a crock of crap IMO.

long time before i was married i dated a few girls from the dating sites. one was a doctor, very well educated, trained in the US, spoke perfect English and wasn't looking for a handout. apparently she wasn't looking for me either.

So what your saying is, perhaps these people could get a nice, kind person of a similar age and exterior beauty in their own country but are deciding to blow that off for a much younger, far hotter girl they met in a bar in Thailand?

No, that is not what is being said.

I am saying that pretty much anyone can get a decent woman back in their home country just as you describe "a nice, kind person of a similar age and exterior beauty".

PC's statement implies that a lot of expats resident in Thailand can't.

No, that is not what is being said.

I am saying that pretty much anyone can get a decent woman back in their home country just as you describe "a nice, kind person of a similar age and exterior beauty".

PC's statement implies that a lot of expats resident in Thailand can't.

OK fair enough. I'm agreeing with PC then. I believe some people who end up marrying Thai bar girls, do so after a string of failures in relationships in their own country and even the inability to have a relationship at all.

I also believe that a huge percent do what I said, and simply opt for a younger, fitter partner than they could ever get in their own country with someone of an equal social standing as themselves.

Are you disagreeing with that??

You have to be able to "get" a woman first before a relationship fails; therefore, you can exclude all those people as they did get a woman from their own country.

Another thing wrong with your statement is that you presume that the failure of the relationship was their fault.

Anyway, enough. I've said what I wanted to say and have nothing further to add.

You have to be able to "get" a woman first before a relationship fails; therefore, you can exclude all those people as they did get a woman from their own country.

Another thing wrong with your statement is that you presume that the failure of the relationship was their fault.

Anyway, enough. I've said what I wanted to say and have nothing further to add.

It seems to me you are being very economical with what you say. You are refusing to acknowledge things that don't sit right with you and honing in on the things that do.

A simple statement that many Farang men come to Thailand to marry girls a third of their age, when they could never in a million years date someone as young and pretty and of equal standing as that in their own country. I believe that is a fact yet you won't agree or disagree you just hone in on something else, something that sits better with you.

Just saying how things are isn't being judgemental, if it's true!

Edited by HongKongPhooey

A simple statement that many Farang men come to Thailand to marry girls a third of their age, when they could never in a million years date someone as young and pretty and of equal standing as that in their own country. I believe that is a fact yet you won't agree or disagree you just hone in on something else, something that sits better with you.

This is your statement. Not the statement I replied to. Read PC's statement again.

This is your statement. Not the statement I replied to. Read PC's statement again.

Yes I know! I have understood how you have been picky with semantics from the start. PC said something and you said it was a crock of crap based on a very literal translation of the word he used.

Since then I have expanded from the word he used so as to make it quite clear what I am talking about even if I was wrong about what I thought PC was saying.

You now refuse to say whether you agree or disagree with a simple statement I am making. Why is that?