Pregnancy Costs

randymarsh

Bear in mind that if your partner is working, she is entitled to 45 days maternity pay as well. That should help off-set costs a little.

Especially if she does some cash-in-hand casual work during that period...

• 1 month later...

I live in Phuket. I'm 37 weeks pregnant, second time in Thailad. First child was delivered in Bangkok Phuket Hospital 5 years ago and than avarage cost of monthly check up with ultrasounds costed 500-800 THB. For natural birth I paid 32000 THB including private room for 48 hours and all other fees.

Few months ago when I started to visit the same doctor I noticed that cost of one visit increased into 1600 THB per time but the service was poor. Three times I had appointment scheduled and came on time to the hospiital and waited over 60 minutes each time - there was a queue and it didn't matter that I have appointent.

After the third time I moved all patient's documentation into Mission Hospital. I go there every months; waiting for my queue number about 60 minutes (since last time I wait 10-15 minutes due to my advanced pregnancy) and I had normal check up with a nice doctor + ultrasound every time and I pay for it 270 THB.

I will go for a delivery to this hospital: package 3 days with a natural birth, private room and all fees is around 21k what is reasonable. I don't need marble on the hospital floor. Nurses and the doctor are the same nice and I trust I will be taken care properly in that place.

If anyone has experience with child delivery in Mission hospital, please share. I will write down my impressions after I'm back home after the labour.

I'm here with the step daughter with the second sprog on the way (8+ months) and all of the prenatal exams including ultrasound are covered by the local arrangements...I was told that if a c-section was required that there might be some extra expense but not much...we have a government hospital nearby and the attention has been excellent...the first sprog is now a happy and healthy 3 y.o. boy so that they were doing something right...