What Is Now Required For A Double Entry Tourist Visa?

I recently finished a 1 year education visa which I did not renew because I stopped going to classes about two thirds of the way into the course due to a lack of interest in reading & writing Thai and the possibility of employment in Myanmar. The visa expired a couple of weeks ago but I couldn't get tickets to Laos due to Songkran, so I got a last minute 15 day same day visa trip to Poipet which will expire very shortly.

I now have my train ticket to Laos and I have allowed for the train to be so late that I can't submit my visa application until the second day.

Obviously I want the maximum possible, as the employment opportunity has yet to be confirmed and could start as late as October. However, I am not expecting to get more than 60 days with the 30 day extension at that hideous building at Chaeng Wattana.

I have been told that I need the following:

COPY OF MY APARTMENT CONTRACT

COPY OF LATEST RENT BILL

LETTER OF GUARANTEE FROM APARTMENT CONFIRMING MY RESIDENCE

COPY OF THAI ID CARD

The last one, I assume that can that be any Thai friend. A close friend has already copied his ID card and emailed it to me so that is covered.

Plenty of passport pics, so anything else and IS 60 days the maximum I can have when I enter back into Thailand?

Do I need (or will I need next time) a letter from my possible future employer? As I said, I am still waiting to hear about this job for which I was approached (I wasn't seeking work) so nothing is confirmed, however - if it is really necessary then I might be able to get some kind of letter typed up requesting that I can stay in the country six months until they can proceed with the recruitment process. I am on friendly terms with one of the senior staff.

Also, is there a site where I can download the relevant form to save time and hassle when in Vientiene?

Many thanks in advance.

SB

I would say if you have a apartment contract you may not be a tourist, this could raise a few eyebrows there. Just go and apply for a tourist visa with out the contracts and bills. You may want to read the pinned thread about the latest on getting a visa in the area. There was talk a few months ago about the need for a air ticket out of thailand after your stay. Like I said read the pinned topic.

As said all of those items would suggest you are not a tourist. And renting an apartment or having a Thai friend is not reason for visa issue. What is sometimes wanted (but not in Vientiane to my knowledge) are confirmation of hotel booking or such, as a tourist often have, - not proof you are not a tourist.

I got a double TV in Vientiane for 60 days then I got a 30 day extension. When it expires can I just go to Myanmar and come back and the second of the entries will come into play? Also has anyone the experience of doing that at Mae Sot?

When the 30 days are up you indeed just go abroad and return to Thailand for the second entry. But you must use the second entry before the visa itself expires. Your visa says soemthing like "must be utilized before **-**-2012" You must enter Thailand for the second time before that date! Getting an extension on the second entry is not a problem.