The Fine Art Of Success Here In Thailand

MediumPaceBowler

How do you measure your success here in the Realm

Personally, I've lived a life that's full. I've not been everywhere in Thailand, but I've endeavoured as much as possible to travel each and every highway.

I've done many different things. I've worked for farang companies and I've worked for Thai companies.

But I think more than anything else, I've always tried to do things my way.

Inevitably I have regrets. I think we all do. That said, my regrets are too few to mention.

Let me ask all of you a simple question ------------

What is an expat man here in Thailand?

What has he got?

If not himself, then surely he has naught.

I think the important thing is that a farang businessman should say what he truly feels and NOT utter the words of one who kneels.

Ultimately, I have always done things my way.

How about you?

POSTING GUIDELINES: Expats only. No trolls. No Stalking.

how do u quantify success in thailand ?

drinking a lot of beers ?

having a lot of sex ?

making a lot of money ?

buying a lot of property ?

owning the cars or motorcycles you always wanted ?

having a family ?

marrying a woman half your age ?

learning to play pool as good as the best bargirls ?

staying healthy and fit ?

we need more specifics before we can define success

Are you gauging success purely on financial terms or does it include simple life improvements ? Oh, do you hand out suspensions for violations of posting guidelines ?

I've learned over the years to avoid like the plague sick weirdos who stalk and/or ingratiate.

But hey -- you sound cool. Just post your stuff, and don't take things too seriously.

I scrounge by on an English teacher salary trolling Thai-visa for fun does that count ? Oh that was you.

Your other topic along the same lines as this one was quickly moved to the pub because you were trolling. This effort is a bit better at hiding its intentions. So your improving your skills.. well done.

• Like 2

"What is an expat man here in Thailand?

What has he got?"

I would have though an ex pat anywhere in the world is the same as an expat in Thailand.

As per Wiki " An expatriate (in abbreviated form, expat) is a person temporarily or permanently residing in a country and culture other than that of the person's upbringing." .. so it cant be just pertinent to Thailand surely?

What do you mean "what has he got"? material possessions ? can you clarify please!

No trolls ! Who better than your goodself to advise on the definition of trolling!

• Like 1

To be an expat in Thailand you need big shoulders to carry that giant chip they all seem to walk around with.

The world is full of expats so who cares really.

Now you know why i workout so hard.. to acquire those big shoulders for the giant chip. You found my secret :(

how do u quantify success in thailand ?

drinking a lot of beers ?

having a lot of sex ?

making a lot of money ?

buying a lot of property ?

owning the cars or motorcycles you always wanted ?

having a family ?

marrying a woman half your age ?

learning to play pool as good as the best bargirls ?

staying healthy and fit ?

we need more specifics before we can define success

I can beat bar girls at pool. Well untill we start playing for money. OOOOhh wait a minute......................biggrin.png

To be an expat in Thailand you need big shoulders to carry that giant chip they all seem to walk around with.

Now you know why i workout so hard.. to acquire those big shoulders for the giant chip. You found my secret sad.png

But what came first? The chip, or the giant shoulders? Or did I just blow you're mind...........

Now you know why i workout so hard.. to acquire those big shoulders for the giant chip. You found my secret sad.png

But what came first? The chip, or the giant shoulders? Or did I just blow you're mind...........

Yes you just blown my mind, the more i think about it the more confused i get. I have to be careful or ill turn green and start smashing things.

Since when do you make up the posting guidelines ?...and its nought

No it isn't necessarily - I almost said no it's not but that would have confused things even more. Naught and nought both mean the same thing ie nothing but nought is usually used for zero..... I think that's right, maybe....or maybe NOT Edited by pastitche

Since when do you make up the posting guidelines ?...and its nought

No it isn't necessarily - I almost said no it's not but that would have confused things even more. Naught and nought both mean the same thing ie nothing but nought is usually used for zero..... I think that's right, maybe....or maybe NOT

The lyrics were taken from a song sheet. Google it ("my way") and you may find the sheet I referenced.